TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

Got shipping confirmation for the R2D2 orders! Can't wait to receive them!

I just got a confirmation too but I had part of the order cancelled 1 of 3 was cancelled.

I guess they didn't have 40 after all. I wonder how many they had and if they cancelled single units from multiple diff orders.

My two R2s arrived today (thanks, Sandwraith!). Now to figure out what to do with them. Normally I'm a parter outer, but as Stragus pointed out, these have a terrible part out value. I'm considering selling one now to try to off-set some of the cost of the other one. Bad idea? Shipping looks like it will cost about $25 within Canada, $50 to the U.S. - I'm worried the profit margin on eBay may not end up being great if I offered free shipping. Are you all planning on holding or selling yours? 

Edited by maryjmeg
Typo

My two R2s arrived today (thanks, Sandwraith!). Now to figure out what to do with them. Normally I'm a parter outer, but as Stratus pointed out, these have a terrible part out value. I'm considering selling one now to try to off-set some of the cost of the other one. Bad idea? Shipping looks like it will cost about $25 within Canada, $50 to the U.S. - I'm worried the profit margin on eBay may not end up being great if I offered free shipping. Are you all planning on holding or selling yours? 

​Great question. I was thinking of holding until Christmas, sometime around the hype of the new film, etc.

What are others thinking?

My two R2s arrived today (thanks, Sandwraith!). Now to figure out what to do with them. Normally I'm a parter outer, but as Stratus pointed out, these have a terrible part out value. I'm considering selling one now to try to off-set some of the cost of the other one. Bad idea? Shipping looks like it will cost about $25 within Canada, $50 to the U.S. - I'm worried the profit margin on eBay may not end up being great if I offered free shipping. Are you all planning on holding or selling yours? 

I personally don't offer free shipping, especially to the US!

I plan on long holding all but 1 of my R2's (broken seals and beat up box). Episode 7 should positively affect almost every SW set. I'd hold em and hang on for the ride :)

​With the proper sized box, you should be able to ship it for less than $20 if you use Expedited Shipping through eBay/PayPal. In your immediate area, $16-$18 .. further out $20-$22ish. Only from one side of Canada to the other should breach the $25 mark. :)

But yes, shipping to the US will be anywhere from $40 to $50 depending on how far it goes. Don't ship for free to the US! Those guys can afford shipping! ;)

As for selling now vs holding... It's all about comfort level. If you can afford to keep, I'd keep until at least July. No rumours of a remake mean this one has very good potential to keep going up.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Yes, when looking for a postage quote, I always go for the most expensive location, just so there are no surprises - that quote was for shipping across the country. I always ship through Paypal, so I do get the discount. I have been burned before shipping for free to the U.S., but I've also sometimes had my listings ignored because of all the free shipping U.S. listings. Most of the time, I'm a Bricklinker, where the buyer always pays shipping - it's so much easier there! I think I'll hold the sets for now unless I hit a money crunch and need the cash.

Too bad its not on their eBay store though. :boredom:

And $48 shipping to me for 3  :(

​Ouch... eligible for free shipping on their website to major destinations.

You didn't do too badly with the eBay snafu... al my orders were cancelled. ;)

Why are you ordering 3 at a time is the question ;)

​One at a time with the promo code are 49.99.... perfect $ value for free shipping. #justsayin

Ok folks... R2 is gone, but Arctic Supply Plane is back.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=34246876

There are just over 30 left... Gobble 'em up and don't forget to use the CineplexFeb code. I've been selling these for $120+ shipping on eBay.

​Might not be R2... but just as good profit-wise! Ordered a bunch thanks!

Ordering 1 at a time is rough haha.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

Ok folks... R2 is gone, but Arctic Supply Plane is back.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=34246876

There are just over 30 left... Gobble 'em up and don't forget to use the CineplexFeb code. I've been selling these for $120+ shipping on eBay.

​In for 2, left some for others.  Now to list my other one(s) on ebay once I get shipping confirmation :)

Thanks a lot Greg!

The basic shipping charge to me from TRU starts at ~$40, so i have to order rather large amounts in a single order to make it worth it, Then I cant abuse the promo code like all you lucky shoppers. Haha, I haven't sold a single set from that yet. guess I want to much money. :money:

Hum, the part out value of the Artic Supply Plane is terrible (my software computes 53 USD). I see there's a strong demand and low supply for the set though, expecting a sale price above 100 USD. Not sure I understand why people like it, it's rather ugly all in orange with that one-piece airplane cockpit.

I'll let you guys pick them up. :)

Hum, the part out value of the Artic Supply Plane is terrible (my software computes 53 USD). I see there's a strong demand and low supply for the set though, expecting a sale price above 100 USD. Not sure I understand why people like it, it's rather ugly all in orange with that one-piece airplane cockpit.

I'll let you guys pick them up. :)

​I sold at $109us in March and have no problem turning $55cdn into $80us.  Plus, one per box means they are already packaged and ready to go.

• Like 1

Not sure I understand why people like it, it's rather ugly all in orange with that one-piece airplane cockpit.

​Retired unexpectedly, this alone creates demand. We want what we can't have :P

I agree there is nothing special about it, but it's rarity alone makes it worth something.