TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

This was the response...

They just earned negative feedback from me. I see a lot of people left neutral over negative on the pricing mistake... based on that response, I left negative feedback.

​Here's how i envision this going:

TRU: "Sorry sir, we never offer discounts outside of our weekly sales"

Greg: "Ok fine" *Leaves TRU ebay negative feedback*

The next day....

TRU: "So sorry you were unhappy and left negative feedback, here's %10-15 off your next purchase"

Ugh.

• Like 1

For those lucky ones that got the R2 recently, I would like to purchase one for own personal collection, please PM me if you would like to hook up a BPer with a decent profit but not quit ebay value ;)

I can also trade a 7965 Millennium Falcon (sealed box) + cash as well.

Anyone had their R2's marked as shipped from TRU ebay yet? Heading into 2 days now and nothing on my end. The Demolition sets fiasco still had them shipping out same day.

I don't mind if they don't ship as i have got some recently, but trying to get the %15 offer applied to another order if this one is cancelled sounds like a pain.

I have received an email stating my 2 were shipped.  Hopefully yours will soon too. 

• Like 1

​care to share your method?

​using red five as an example.  If you enter up to 6 you get this message.

"The product quantity for an item in your Shopping Cart has exceeded our Maximum Purchasing Policy. The product quantity is now adjusted to meet our policy maximum."

Enter 7 and you get this additional message.

"The following items LEGO Star Wars - Red Five X-wing Starfighter (10240) has limited inventory. We have adjusted the quantity to reflect the number we have."

• Like 1

​using red five as an example.  If you enter up to 6 you get this message.

"The product quantity for an item in your Shopping Cart has exceeded our Maximum Purchasing Policy. The product quantity is now adjusted to meet our policy maximum."

Enter 7 and you get this additional message.

"The following items LEGO Star Wars - Red Five X-wing Starfighter (10240) has limited inventory. We have adjusted the quantity to reflect the number we have."

​Hey it's a workaround, but sure is annoying.

Sort of like playvalues inventory system. Have to keep guessing and get the exact amount to find out how many there actually are.

Hey folks!  Not sure if it's been mentioned, but looks like Toys R Us Canada have a bunch of Superheroes sets for what looks like around 20% off:

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=12562604&overrideStore=TRUSCA

Not sure if it still works, but don't forget the "CINEPLEXFEB" promo code.  It was still working for me on the May the 4th SW sales.

Hey folks!  Not sure if it's been mentioned, but looks like Toys R Us Canada have a bunch of Superheroes sets for what looks like around 20% off:

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=12562604&overrideStore=TRUSCA

Not sure if it still works, but don't forget the "CINEPLEXFEB" promo code.  It was still working for me on the May the 4th SW sales.

​Here's a link to all the TRU Lego on sale this week... 20% is the usual weekly discount on something.

http://www.toysrus.ca/refinement/index.jsp?categoryId=64534826&f=PAD&fg=Brand&fv=Brand+Name+Secondary%2FLEGO&fd=LEGO

My R2's arrived yesterday, funny thing is they were never marked as shipped. And then today received the refunds for the %15 off.

One of the R2's has clearly been opened (likely a return), but it weighs the exact same as a sealed R2, so i think i'm safe.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

​Yah I got it yesterday. Kind of freaked me out because it says "we're sorry we're cancelling your order" and then shows a refund of $25 and I'm like WTF you cancelled my order and only refunded a small portion of it. Oh, that's the 10% refund, haha. Kind of a kick in the nads they told me there was no such thing as 15% refund considering you all got it.

​Did you get a full 15% refund?  First they sent me about half of what I was supposed.  I emailed them and now they are saying the 15% discount does not include taxes or shipping.

​Did you get a full 15% refund?  First they sent me about half of what I was supposed.  I emailed them and now they are saying the 15% discount does not include taxes or shipping.

​First of all, they're denying 15%. They approved 10%. Second, yah it wasn't exact it didn't include something so it looked more like 8-9%. Shrugged it off

​Here's a link to all the TRU Lego on sale this week... 20% is the usual weekly discount on something.

http://www.toysrus.ca/refinement/index.jsp?categoryId=64534826&f=PAD&fg=Brand&fv=Brand+Name+Secondary%2FLEGO&fd=LEGO

Hi, 

The 20% discount doesn't apply to all the superheroes, only on some.  However, I might pick up the x-men vs the sentinels, batman/penguin face off and the man bat set.  Nothing too spectacular. Are the prices on the above sets any good?

thanks, 

john

Hi, 

The 20% discount doesn't apply to all the superheroes, only on some.  However, I might pick up the x-men vs the sentinels, batman/penguin face off and the man bat set.  Nothing too spectacular. Are the prices on the above sets any good?

thanks, 

john

​Yes it's typical for TRU not to put the newest sets on sale so the 20% doesn't include the latest DC or Marvel sets.

To me, 20% is OK for personal collection, but not great for investing... Use the CineplexFeb promo code to get an additional $10 of $50 and you can up that discount to 30-40% off depending on the chosen set(s).

Has anybody put an order in for the max "limit per customer" (which is only 3 now) and then just placed another order for more? Also using the CineplexFeb coupon. I'm thinking about doing it but a little worried about the ban hammer. They're only $20 sets though...

Sigh too bad they changed it.

Has anybody put an order in for the max "limit per customer" (which is only 3 now) and then just placed another order for more? Also using the CineplexFeb coupon. I'm thinking about doing it but a little worried about the ban hammer.

​I haven't yet placed orders (mostly because it's all the same sets that were on sale some time ago, when the coupon and free shipping were better deals).

That being said, I have never heard of Toys R Us banning anyone. It's probably safe, the worst case could be having some orders canceled.

Toys R Us Canada sale beginning tomorrow May 15th: 20% on Creator, Classic and TMNT.

Meh.

​Got a magic link like last time?

If you can't wait, at least you can already see what's about to go on sale. :)

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=60809046&overrideStore=TRUSCA

There's also a bunch of Duplo sets. Careful, some Super Heroes sets have been raised above MSRP.

There are a couple creator items on my to buy for myself list that might be time to pickup... The other adult in the house is gone for the long weekend, so I have to plan shopping trips to the toy store accordingly - i.e. without them. :)

• Like 1

The other adult in the house is gone for the long weekend, so I have to plan shopping trips to the toy store accordingly - i.e. without them. :)

I like your thinking! ​Have to pick my gf up from the airport this weekend. AKA: and excuse to be close enough to Vaughan Discovery Centre to warrant a trip before i get her :P

• Like 1