10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

this whole thread would of been much better if someone would of posted "this thread is gonna be really busy the next few days"

True that!  All I will say is that if you want a 10188, now would be a good time to buy one. I think I have said that before though, so ignore me. 

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 3

Here you go...Well, maybe a little more than 2000 pieces.

gallery_101_55_31684.jpg

If the new UCS AT-AT is big enough, say 5,000 pieces or so, I could totally see that increasing the value of 75054 as collectors rush to buy enough sets for 'Mommy AT-AT with baby AT-ATs' dioramas, which are a must for any true Star Wars fan.

• Like 1

I lie to think of moonraker with James Bond and those orbiting death satellites.

can I have enough to launch a 10188 to all 24 of the one hour zones around the planet in Orbit ?  

Don't think I will make it 

Considering that just one DS was enough to set Alderaan straight...

Wallets are screaming, "D@mn you Ed!"

My wallet is screaming as well. We didn't even get to Prime Day yet. I am wondering, as are all of you, as to whether or not I should buy a couple more. It's not like these cost chump change. There are so many variables with this set that makes one question whether it is worthy of major investment. I think every LEGO fan should have at least one 10188.

I think what you need to ask yourselves is what other set will retire in the next 6 months that is a major STAR WARS set before the most hyped movie in history? Red 5? Ewok Village? They don't compare. If this set is indeed done and the SOLD OUT notation is an indicator of sets that are on he way out very soon, then there can be a nice bump up in values on his set over he course of the next 5-6 months, regardless of how much the set was stockpiled.

What I do know is that as soon as the next retailer sells out of 10188 stock, all Hell will break loose. This could be a historic moment in the history of LEGO investing. The Death Star could be dead.

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 2