10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Amazon's business model looks more and more genius as time goes on.  Basically, they sell their final 1000 or so to resellers, who then put it back on amazon at inflated prices, hoping to make 10.00, meanwhile while amazon takes a majority of their profits by scoring another 15% from their sales.  So, not only do they make retail on selling them out, but they also make continual residual income on those products later. 

So an insider says there will be a replacement in 2016?  I find that very hard to believe as there are NEW two super weapons in the new movie.  And we don't know if it's a 400 dollar set, or a 40 dollar "two dudes fight in a death star room."  

The movie Rogue One is coming out in December of next year.  It takes place right before the events of Episode 4, and the movie's premise is based on rebels stealing the death star plans.  The Death Star is a main part of the movie, so yes, I think the rumors of a new Death Star based on this movie are very accurate, now that this death star is retiring.  The rumors earlier this year was that this Death Star would retire by summers end, so that the new one could be released next year. 

• Like 5