10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Sir you are right yet again. Target has 100 left give or take.  They will be gone tonight or tomorrow.

I think I will order 2 more from Amazon.

Also it is now #1 in its subcategory

This ship is sinking

I do like that extra 5% with Redcard. Those who also have some eBay giftcards to burn should take note that the Target eBay store also has 10188 in stock. They will all probably be gone at Target by this time tomorrow.

I wonder how many Amazon has left?

I'm praying that this set will finally die. Just in time for Episode VII.

I do like that extra 5% with Redcard. Those who also have some eBay giftcards to burn should take note that the Target eBay store also has 10188 in stock. They will all probably be gone at Target by this time tomorrow.

I wonder how many Amazon has left?

I'm praying that this set will finally die. Just in time for Episode VII.

I am so punchy about vendors cancelling eBay orders because they cannot balance inventory properly I trust Amazon so going there first.

I feel this signals the end of my youth. I received my Masters degree today. This can not be just a coincidence.

Congrats on the Masters degree!

I am so punchy about vendors cancelling eBay orders because they cannot balance inventory properly I trust Amazon so going there first.

Yeah, that burned me on the King's Castle at TRU.  I ordered late, after I posted about them being available on eBay too and my order was later cancelled.  These Death Stars sure make up for that though :D

just looked at the amazon ranking.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #237 in Toys & Games (See Top 100 in Toys & Games)

translating that to actual numbers i think its about 64. { that's based on my experience on selling on amazon something that was in #100 ranking. of course it depends on the time of the year as well but i think i am pretty close }

i am very surprised that this set is still around at most BB (its been over 24 hours since horde been informed). looks like TLG did a massive restock of this to milk this before shelving for good.

or may be horde got tapped with the recent TARGET, WALMART and TRU clearances/sales.

Edited by newbie77

I went the target route - I had one,  now I have 2.   (as long as my order does not get cancelled)   I missed the SSD run and even when all the signs were there I just never bought one.  If SAH says it is sold out it is only a matter of moments before the price starts going up! Up! UP!!!  We have seen what they do to Red Five when it is just on back order. 

I feel this signals the end of my youth. I received my Masters degree today. This can not be just a coincidence.

Congrats on the Masters - may it translate to a lifetime of happy employment,  $$$ and opportunity  

Target, first - Red Card discount  will drive that

Wal-Mart will be last because of packaging concerns. 

i think the order will be:

1. TRU { discount gift card + 8% back beats most taxes etc so discount is about 10%-20% based on your GC)

2. AMAZON ( no taxes for most )

3. Target ( used to be #1 but not every purchase is taxed this would be #3 }

4. walmart

5. others

7/14/2015 2:14 PM Death Star "Sold Out" on Lego Shop at Home

11qitqx.jpg

It has seen the end of the death star. 

It will soon see the end of each of your credit limits.

---------------------

(tomorrow) 7/15/2015 8:59 PM Death Star back in Stock at all retail outlets

19e2td3afzx2vjpg.jpg

• Like 3

Sir you are right yet again. Target has 100 left give or take.  They will be gone tonight or tomorrow.

I think I will order 2 more from Amazon.

Also it is now #1 in its subcategory

This ship is sinking

how in the world do you know how many target has left?

i think the order will be:

1. TRU { discount gift card + 8% back beats most taxes etc so discount is about 10%-20% based on your GC)

2. AMAZON ( no taxes for most )

3. Target ( used to be #1 but not every purchase is taxed this would be #3 }

4. walmart

5. others

That's not fair - TRU was not in the first list. 

just looked at the amazon ranking.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #237 in Toys & Games (See Top 100 in Toys & Games)

translating that to actual numbers i think its about 64. { that's based on my experience on selling on amazon something that was in #100 ranking. of course it depends on the time of the year as well but i think i am pretty close }

i am very surprised that this set is still around at most BB (its been over 24 hours since horde been informed). looks like TLG did a massive restock of this to milk this before shelving for good.

or may be horde got tapped with the recent TARGET, WALMART and TRU clearances/sales.

if i understand you correctly you are saying that you think amazon sold 64 of them today. I would be suprised if its that little.Just from the comments on this thread it seems that there is close to that bougth and i figure that is only a small percentage of overall purchases but again what do i know

if i understand you correctly you are saying that you think amazon sold 64 of them today. I would be suprised if its that little.Just from the comments on this thread it seems that there is close to that bougth and i figure that is only a small percentage of overall purchases but again what do i know

correct 64 with #237 ranking. i don't think its more than that. but its just me. with amazon strict control over 2 item limit i don't think there has been more than 64 sales of this item.

now its  Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #157 in Toys & Games (See Top 100 in Toys & Games)

so i think it would be over 90 but less than 100.

i won't know about actual numbers under #150

Congratulations! Onward to the doctorate with a dissertation on Lego economics? 

congratulations. getting terminal degree is more about perseverance and being able to remain poor for a long time rather than anything else :)

Edited by newbie77