10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

I would like to add that on the may4th event death star was sold out status in the uk then returned to out of stock until x. Then it returned fully.

having said that it does look more final in the US this time.

with regards to remakes, if this is going to be the main subject in rogue one, i know one thing for sure, disney will not want millions of children to go without a death star because they are £275. If they do remake this set my money would be on a mid range set around £80 so that all the kids parents can afford To join the party.

i have no regrets about purchasing this set and only wish i had more to invest along with most people in this thread. Like many people have said, once the shops are sold out, resellers are number 1 and they have a fraction of th amount of sets compared to all the sets across all the shops. I wouldnt be suprised if this is the most sort after toy in the world by christmas. 

explosion1983.jpg

June 2008 - July 2015 RIP 

Just received one from Target ordered Monday. It arrived in the lego shipping carton. Hopefully they do that for everyone. 

Every one I have ordered from Target has come with a shipping label attached to the original box.

June 2008 - July 2015 RIP 

Just received one from Target ordered Monday. It arrived in the lego shipping carton. Hopefully they do that for everyone. 

That seems to be the usual practice with retailers shipping DS.  Though many, many pages back someone posted an experience of even mint in sealed brown lego case DS's turning out to have been opened and pilfered of their figures.

True, I look at it one way...... What's coming out of my wallet for that Item.  Every time......consistently.  

I do this for tax accounting purposes.  But for my internal cost tracking, it makes more sense to say 'I bought all 12 of these Chima Accessory Packs for 5% off with my Lego VIP account' than to say 'I bought 11 Chima Accessory Packs at MSRP, and one for $0.00 with VIP points'.

I would love to hear how anyone bought a new DS for $250 in the past 12 months.  Yes, several years ago they actually went on sale.  But since the 'no discounts on exclusives policy' went into effect?  It's hard to take seriously such claims.

I will tell you how I got 4 in the past 2 days from Target for $285 each if the powers that be allow me to.  The days of the $252 BN and $200 LEGO Shop at Home are done but the $200 TRU are not.  I have two rewards waiting if the DS returns if not I will get some $50 EV err Sea Cow :)

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 4

Ewok Village is gone from TRU.  I think they had it marked up to $300 last time I checked.  Hopefully they get it back in at MSRP.  I also have some rewards dollars to use.

Wow man, the DS isnt even cold yet and you're posting about its successor IN ITS OWN THREAD???.

Have some respect for the deceased. 

• Like 1

Sure, but last year you said that in the TH thread, and that turned out to be much ado about nothing.  Here we are a year later, and everyday I walk by a stack of MISB Town Halls that no one's buying.  (Granted they're in my closet, but still...)

No one is buying because you aren't selling?

I've not had any problems moving THs, but then again, I'm happy with the price I'm getting right now.  If you're not happy with the price they're selling for, then that's different then THs not moving.

• Like 1

only 3 listings and 7 copies under $500 on ebay
cheapest anywhere on amazon is $513 already

If there are only small restocks

I will repeat what I have been saying most people think is crazy $1,000 by Christmas

Why ?

If someone pays $400 for an Anakin Skywalker Removable Force FX Lightsaber that is not coming back in July, they will pay $1,000 for this Death Star at Christmas.

only 3 listings and 7 copies under $500 on ebay
cheapest anywhere on amazon is $513 already

If there are only small restocks

I will repeat what I have been saying most people think is crazy $1,000 by Christmas

Why ?

If someone pays $400 for an Anakin Skywalker Removable Force FX Lightsaber that is not coming back in July, they will pay $1,000 for this Death Star at Christmas.

I will gladly sell most of mine if it hits 1k by Christmas!

No one is buying because you aren't selling?

I've not had any problems moving THs, but then again, I'm happy with the price I'm getting right now.  If you're not happy with the price they're selling for, then that's different then THs not moving.

Maybe I was too subtle.  Imagine my original comment with lots of jumping smiley faces and whatnot.

I would love to hear how anyone bought a new DS for $250 in the past 12 months.  Yes, several years ago they actually went on sale.  But since the 'no discounts on exclusives policy' went into effect?  It's hard to take seriously such claims.

They do. It's a manipulation of offers from various retailers. I am not taking sides on it, but the retailers could consider it a violation of the intent of the offer. But there are loopholes and people find them. I don't know whether I should condone it or congratulate people for being creative. We try not to promote ideas like it for fear of losing our affiliate advertising.
  • Like 3