10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Interesting,  I did not know about this change.  Is it documented on the sites?  If so, please share the links and I'll move the posts to one of our shipping threads

It is documented on eBay and PayPal pages.  I also confirmed the change with phone calls to both companies.  Here's the link for eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-tips.html

And for PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#11

For PayPal, you need to scroll down to section 11.4, under 'Protection for Sellers'

Perhaps this can be avoided by blocking buyers with less than a minimum number of feedbacks, like 5 or 10. Also, since I have never experienced that particular scam so I cannot really say much on the lack of real recourse. However, I find it hard to believe that Ebay would not do anything about it.

You can and should customize your eBay buyer blocks if you plan on selling high-value merchandise.  However, you can't go as far as I'd like.  Ideally, I would ship a DS only to a buyer with 500+ feedback who passed a criminal background check and had no outstanding parking tickets.

• Like 1

Just got one from Amazon with the Wife's blessing (only because it was sold out from LEGO Shop at Home) 

Grab another one at Lego store at North Pointe Mall (alpharetta,***).  Called them first thing this morning and made sure to hold it for me.  At first they told me it was unnecessary because nobody has been buying them and truck is in today.  I told them it's sold out online.... They went and checked their inventory and only had 1 left....with my name on it =) slight damage on the box extra 1000 vip points.  

• Like 1

Perhaps this can be avoided by blocking buyers with less than a minimum number of feedbacks, like 5 or 10. Also, since I have never experienced that particular scam so I cannot really say much on the lack of real recourse. However, I find it hard to believe that Ebay would not do anything about it.

good luck with blocking buyers based on number of feedback. 

• Like 1

im pretty sure this can be done. or was, havent sold anything on fleebay for years

no it cannot be done.  You can put some restrictions on but nothing with under 5 or 10 feedback 

I keep waiting for that rock to break...

spoiler alert, it never happens...

• Like 1

im pretty sure this can be done. or was, havent sold anything on fleebay for years

you can block based on buyer location (countries you don't ship to), you can block individual buyers, you can block buyers with x number of unpaid item cases in the last six months. You cannot block based on number of feedback. You can try all you want and state no buyers with less than x feedback, but you cannot enforce it. If a low feedback buyer buys something from you and you cancel it, they can leave a negative and eBay will let it stick.

You can block negative feedback buyers completely, which is irrelevant since sellers can't post negative feedback anymore.  You can also restrict the multiple item purchases of all buyers, or only those under a certain feedback threshold.  And you can block buyers with lots of policy violations.  I do all these things.  I wish I could do much, much more.

correct that is why I didn't mention the -1 thing as a buyer can't get negative so the situation would very rarely come up.   And the volume one very rarely comes up as well

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
Are currently winning or have bought 25 of my items in the last 10 days and have a feedback score of 5 or lower

and it doesn't make sense to block the 0's as they are usually the one to pay the big bucks on a lot of stuff as they are new and don't shop it out.

Might have a few issues but overall I've seen people with hundreds try just as much with 0's

I would like to put in my 2 cents worth , I'm from Singapore , somewhere in Asia. 

Lego is a highly popular hobby here , for both adults and children. Events are held regularly and there are many websites and facebook groups dedicated to lego.

I have been buying Lego for a while , and have noticed a trend - a particular set will always be sold out here a while before EOL in US. Recent examples would be HH , GE , TH . These sets were unavailable  for purchase from retail for many months before EOL , and the only way anyone could get hold of a set was through ebay resellers.

The same is now happening to 10240 , PC and perhaps PS . 10240 is totally unavailable now and PC and PS are flitting in and out of stock , whenever they are in , they would be out of stock in an instance. So i do believe EOL may be near especially so for 10240.

Now the opposite is happening for 10188. It is still very much available in stores , there is no noticeable panic. Perhaps it could be due to the high RRP S$899 ( exchange rate S$1.36 = US $1), I'm not sure . Or perhaps EOL is not around the corner ? 

PS for those interested , Lego Movie seacow may be next in line , just my prediction :)

• Like 1

I would like to put in my 2 cents worth , I'm from Singapore , somewhere in Asia. 

Lego is a highly popular hobby here , for both adults and children. Events are held regularly and there are many websites and facebook groups dedicated to lego.

I have been buying Lego for a while , and have noticed a trend - a particular set will always be sold out here a while before EOL in US. Recent examples would be HH , GE , TH . These sets were unavailable  for purchase from retail for many months before EOL , and the only way anyone could get hold of a set was through ebay resellers.

The same is now happening to 10240 , PC and perhaps PS . 10240 is totally unavailable now and PC and PS are flitting in and out of stock , whenever they are in , they would be out of stock in an instance. So i do believe EOL may be near especially so for 10240.

Now the opposite is happening for 10188. It is still very much available in stores , there is no noticeable panic. Perhaps it could be due to the high RRP S$899 ( exchange rate S$1.36 = US $1), I'm not sure . Or perhaps EOL is not around the corner ? 

PS for those interested , Lego Movie seacow may be next in line , just my prediction :)

How come you guys stil have AA available?  

http://shop.lego.com/ko-KR/배트맨-아캄-어사일럼-탈출-10937?_requestid=3047087

I hope guys in EU are buying up Lego's supply. Or else they may shuffle some inventory to the US after seeing such strong demand over the last 48 hrs 

Affirmative, sales were up a lot yesterday - it has maybe a week or two left if that level is sustained.

LEGO Shop at Home EU sold 44 Death Stars in the last 24 hours. 284 to go.

And it's sold out @ amazon and Galeria Kaufhof, another major German retailer. The only major retailer that still has it "available now" is TRU (limit: 1).

Edited by Wildemar
added some retailer availability info