10247 - Ferris Wheel

mattyman

Agree that power functions should be included.  I don't think there's a gnat's chance that this set can't be motorized, however.  Why release a flagship Ferris wheel that can't be motorized, while the prior sets have this capability?  I'm certain - certain - that this set can be retrofitted with power functions.

The closeup pics of this set are fantastic!  I really think Lego has hit an absolute home-run with this set, a true new flagship for a new theme.  Love the minifigs, the ticket booth, the loading ramp, the ice cream stand, and the design of the wheel itself.   Really love all the flowers and trees, too!  Just beautiful.  Honestly, this is a pretty worthy follow-on to the Grand Carousel, and that's saying something.  

BTW, looks like they recommend an 8883 M motor for this set, based on the photo on the back.  That settles it, I need to order one to inspect and build, purely for business and professional reasons, of course.  :)

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 1

This set will be hoarded like crazy, but the price when retired will reach $2000+ in my opinion.

​There are about 5-10 sets that I believe are going to be horded like crazy and I BELIEVE that it will create a lot of good opportunities elsewhere. Sets like this aren't if they are going to go up, it's when, how quickly and how much.  

​Haha not in a million years. Well, maybe in about 50 years.

​Agree, too much hoarders, collectors and other resellers. Of course it will be a good investment probably, but it will depend on the facts it it 'remains a purely Lego-exclusive', so no retailers will getting it, and of course the life-span of the set (sudden EOL or not). Furthermore this set will have a $200+ price point probably so it's a big expensive set, not to be hoarded in dozens by a lot of people because they need a second mortgage to do this with each big Lego exclusive ;-) 

Edited by JM123

Ages 16+. 2,464 pieces.

US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 179.99€ - UK £149.99 - DK 1499.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Experience the wonderful LEGO® Creator Ferris Wheel!

Build the iconic Ferris Wheel, featuring 12 colorful suspended gondolas with opening doors, ice cream stall, kiosk, 10 minifigures and more.
Build the majestic Ferris Wheel, the star of the fairground! This delightful LEGO® Creator Expert model has an iconic elegance that evokes feelings of nostalgia, romance and adventure. The carnival has come to town and the ice cream vendor is busy serving a long queue of excited customers as they await their first ride on the magical Ferris Wheel that towers above the fairground. Slowly turn the crank and watch as the Ferris Wheel gracefully lowers the colorful gondolas into position for boarding. Raise the boarding platform with a simple pull of the lever, open the gondola door and help the passengers aboard! Have fun building this elegant model with an authentic charm and magic that will capture your imagination. You can also motorize the Ferris Wheel with the LEGO Power Functions 8883 medium motor and 88000 AAA battery box (not included). Includes 10 minifigures: a ride operator, ice cream vendor, 4 children and 4 adults.

• Includes 10 minifigures with assorted accessories: a ride operator, ice cream vendor, 4 children and 4 adults

• Features a Ferris Wheel ticket kiosk, ice cream stall, a bench and assorted flower and tree elements

• Ferris Wheel features decorative elements, ramps, boarding platform and 12 colorful gondolas with opening doors

• Accessory elements include a pretzel, balloon, 2 ice cream cones and an ice cream scoop

• Includes an amazing 2,464 LEGO® elements

• Climb aboard the Ferris Wheel!

• Turn the crank and watch the Ferris Wheel turn

• Motorize the Ferris Wheel with the LEGO® Power Functions 8883 medium motor and 88000 AAA battery box (not included)

• Ferris Wheel measures over 23” (60cm) high, 21” (55cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning 
June 2015 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2015 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

The intro sequence that has been on the last few designer videos (Helicarrier) has the Ferris Wheel in it...

"DESIGN" words of the intro sequence...

FerrisWheel-Video2.thumb.png.96a67022058

Screenshot from this video at 1:08... Anything look familiar from the N above?

FerrisWheel-Video1.thumb.png.54f75b264ec

So which ones are we missing from the other letters? :)

• Like 5

Awesome.  Price is good.  Will be adding the power function for sure.  We'll see what other sets Lego reveals this year...but so far this is my candidate for '2015 set of the year'. 

​Not an other train ship or car this year for the moment so it's The one