10247 - Ferris Wheel

mattyman

​I think this also shows how far in advance Lego locks in the pricing of these sets. Based on current exchange rates, we should have seen $250 CDN. This will be one of those sets Canadian investors will have to seriously consider if the exchange rate stays consistent and when the time comes.

​I'm wondering if they have had to adjust Canadian pricing based on what people are willing to pay. In other words, maybe the $250 sets like Red5, Town Hall, ToO etc. sold poorly and they are now pricing $200 USD sets at $230 CAD in the hopes of moving more inventory.

they mad the tall chick short for a different shot i guess, why can't they fix that> they must know 

​Right, now I see what you're saying. She couldn't be sitting in that picture because there isn't room. I guess someone decided it looked good that way.

​I'm wondering if they have had to adjust Canadian pricing based on what people are willing to pay. In other words, maybe the $250 sets like Red5, Town Hall, ToO etc. sold poorly and they are now pricing $200 USD sets at $230 CAD in the hopes of moving more inventory.

​I'm also really wondering about the low price in Germany, only 179,99 Euro what means currently 199,99 US $ what is the price in USA.

Usually the price in Euro is even HIGHER than the Dollar price, see Jurassic World sets as an example, the bigger sets costs 10 Euro more than the price for these sets in US $ for USA buyers.

​It's hard to say but it a possibility. It was discussed before, but the belief is that pricing is also set up to 9 months in advance. By that theory, the exchange rate on August 1st 2014 was 1.09 CAD per USD. That would mean we got shafted again because the price should have been $220. :)

If you took the exchange from 4 months ago - Jan 1, 2015 - which was 1.16, then that would be spot on.

Regardless, its a decent exchange rate compared to some older sets like 10188 which hit the wallet hard at 1.25.

Did someone mention that the pods on the ferris wheel look odd?  see link to picture - there seem to be a few ferris wheels in the real world moddelled like the lego version.

http://www.westcoastamusements.com/ferris-wheel/

anyhow, just thought I'd let you guys know

​That's a good point.

Here's a ferris wheel in Hamburg and another ferris Wheel in Vienna. Both have a similar construction regarding the placement of the gondolas.

Edited by Brian Briggs

Who care about the build if you put this up in Christmas and every gust say "WOW" when you use it as decoration. 

Or maybe they might say "why is this weirdo displaying a ferris wheel in his/her home or office".

​​Because "weirdos" like us display what makes us happy so there.

• Like 1

Looks like we're getting ripped of here in The Netherlands. We have to pay 10 EUR more than the Germans. It's listed at 189.99 EUR here.

​That's also the case with respect to the PR, DO, but the biggest difference is the X-Wing 10240. Retails for 200 in DE and 230 in NL. Luckily ToysRus handles German prices, because the goods are sent out of DE so I got mine for 160 euro per set :-) Maybe that's a big plus, I can sell my X-wings at a higher price point here in NL once it retires.

box is probably hinting future carnival sets ... Super Swing and a Roller Coaster?!  awesome set and for sure in my investing plans ... now, time for me to get me some fairground mixers ...

Edited by jaylay
  • Like 1

Anyone buying the FW tonight?  I was hopping for a good poly promo like they did with FM to appear in my bag upon checkout, but I guess Lego knows they have a winner here so no need to throw away money.  Probably have to wait until June 1st for Winter Soldier.

Anyone buying the FW tonight?  I was hopping for a good poly promo like they did with FM to appear in my bag upon checkout, but I guess Lego knows they have a winner here so no need to throw away money.  Probably have to wait until June 1st for Winter Soldier.

​I'm going to wait but I do think this has some qfll potential if you ship global. Make $20-40 and get some vip points. Just a hunch. 

​I think I'll wait until Winter Soldier.  Worst case, it will be on back order then.  I don't think it would ever go into a brief "sold out" status like the Tumbler did.