10247 - Ferris Wheel

mattyman

I don't think it's a conspiracy.  There were a few articles across multiple sites earlier this year that lego was working on becoming greener.  Part of that included packaging, which would allow them to compact more boxes into an area so they could maximize efficiency with their shipping containers.  When you really think about it, there is a lot of extra space in a lot of the older lego boxes.  Almost to the point, where they could probably ship 10 more units on a palette if they maximized the box sizes..  To me this is just a sign that lego is getting smarter and more efficient.

I was being facetious about the conspiracy theory...haha. :derisive:

The box had the new logo, but the box size stayed the same. So, no efficiency quite yet. Maybe that is their next step after the logo change.

this is a different set but has the same white banding and barcode etc.  Like here, its not on all bags.

19672094261_420d04e5bc.jpg

Most likely for quality control. Should be handy to identifying patterns if customers start calling about missing pieces. They can track down which batches are affected, when they were bagged and make adjustments to the machines that are packing them.

Edited by tacsniper

Makes sense...maybe I'm wrong too, but the materials seem cheaper as well?  

On another note about the FW.  This has sit for a few years written all over it, along with remake in 10:)

You could be right, but I believe most people that have seen this displayed would disagree.  It doesn't even take AFOL to see one and say to themselves, "Man, I want one of those" when they see it.  Out of every set in the LEGO store, this is the only one that I see and know that I'll have to have  one.  I also don't have a single LEGO set on display in my house, but this one, when built, will find a space somewhere to be seen, be it a tad high, until my 2 year old won't destroy it when he attempts to 'play' with it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

This set has been on my buy list, but now I can't decide. The Ferris wheel is my favorite ride, but not sure if my small town must have an amusement park section. Pros and cons?

I am asking for personal use not investment 

Not the most inspiring build, but it displays well. I believe this is a must have for any serious collector. Get that amusement park started!

• Like 1

Ferris Wheel is an awesome build & display, I highly recommend it

21 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

This set has been on my buy list, but now I can't decide. The Ferris wheel is my favorite ride, but not sure if my small town must have an amusement park section. Pros and cons?

I am asking for personal use not investment 

Buy...right now...don't wait another second!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On January 26, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Fcbarcelona101 said:

I made the "mistake" of buying the Scrambler and now I just need to have all of the Amusement Park themed sets, especially the Ferris Wheel, it's just an impressive display.

I was going to go for the navy pier in Chicago look. The Ferris wheels in the city is r on the edge of the city. Now I just need a shipping port and a bunch of museums :)

Thanks a lot. I had picked up a ferris wheel from AWD last week for $172 and was able to use my reward points with Chase on this deal to where it cost me $75 after tax. The set arrived in a box which banged up and taped up with the Amazon inspection sticker. All the contents checked out and this is going to get built.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PeaceBD said:

Thanks a lot. I had picked up a ferris wheel from AWD last week for $172 and was able to use my reward points with Chase on this deal to where it cost me $75 after tax. The set arrived in a box which banged up and taped up with the Amazon inspection sticker. All the contents checked out and this is going to get built.emoji3.png

Good to hear. All New Bricks is also @ufema here on BP. He does excellent vids of builds and his videos have come a long way. My favorite part of his videos are the action clips he does with the minifigs and their accessories. I suggest to everyone on here to subscribe to his YouTube channel.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Looks like Lego skipped the "amusement park" theme this year (The friends amusement park release does not count).  I wonder if we're only getting the mixer and the ferris wheel.  Has anyone heard any rumors of the next release for this theme? 

Whispers of a new Grand Carousel :(

48 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Looks like Lego skipped the "amusement park" theme this year (The friends amusement park release does not count).  I wonder if we're only getting the mixer and the ferris wheel.  Has anyone heard any rumors of the next release for this theme? 

Seems like they are going all in with the Friends amusement park theme. Maybe they didn't want to have too much amusement park stuff?

friends.png

Could also just be because Fairground Mixer is a slow seller and they don't want to give up production capacity for another potential slow seller. There are a lot of exclusives available right now at the same time, so there is probably not a lot of capacity left. I'm sure they have one or two future designs in the pipeline.

Edited by c_rpg