10247 - Ferris Wheel

mattyman

​So you want to pay extra 100$ or whatever if you already have a PF kit? Mixer also had a motorized bundle and I really like it that LEGO doesn't want to shove down PF on your throat. Would you rather have no option? Compulsory bundling is against consumer welfare (less choice).

​Yes, I would, but when there will be an option to motorize it then it won't be a problem for me...

Great box art

Aren't the roller coaster and tower swings in the background the same as the background for 10244 Fairground Mixer box art? So maybe not a great hint for the future...

​You're absolutely right! I never noticed that before. Damn, that just kills the hope right there.

According to this website - http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-creator-ferris-wheel-10247-first-image/ - this has 2,464 pieces and will retail for $200 (USD).  It says it will have 10 minifigures,

​I'm hoping the $199.99 price quoted from groovebricks is true. $249.99 would put a damper on things (as posted by ravenb99).

Edited by oneknightr

Where is the price confirmed

Posted 30 January · Report post

was looking over the list of exclusives that the Merlin pass discount does not work on and noticed the new sets at the bottom with the price points

Tie Fighter 199.99

UCS Helicarrier 349.99

Ferris Wheel  249.99

there was a 4th and I can't remember what it was

​So you want to pay extra 100$ or whatever if you already have a PF kit? Mixer also had a motorized bundle and I really like it that LEGO doesn't want to shove down PF on your throat. Would you rather have no option? Compulsory bundling is against consumer welfare (less choice). 

​I don't think his point was that it's not bundled, but that the FW doesn't appear to have motorized functionality.

I know I agree with you, that I'd rather have a choice.  And I went out and bought the PF to add to the FM.  But looking over that FW, I'd love to have it motorized, but don't seem to see that it is.

​The two rides in the back can still be future models.

​look closely at the left hand corner of the back of the fairground mixer box - looks like it might be a ferris wheel in the background (although bigger capsules than the 10247 version). if so, that would be a positive sign in terms of potential future models

Somewhere back in this thread, someone posted a closeup from the box art that pretty clearly shows gearing and power transfer axles.  Sure looks like this set can be motorized.

edit: this post.

​That may just be a guide wheel, sure doesn't look like anything is hooked up to it.  Not to say that you couldn't run an axle through it and run PF, but to me it just looks like a stabilizing wheel.

The June calendar shows a picture of the Ferris Wheel and says build the Ferris Wheel the star of the Fairground.

So it does appear that Lego is planning a fair theme.

​Turn the crank? That confirms that there's no PF but we all knew that. I'm still itchin' to see the designer video though.

Lego June 2015 Calendar.jpg