What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Today I built my new (and officially retired) 75019 AT-TE, which took me a good several hours and is by far one of my favorite newer sets. I absolutely love that they're rebooting some sets from Star Wars Episode II, as it's easily my favorite movie out of the prequel trilogy. Also spent some time rebuilding my new to me 8000 Technic Star Wars PIT Droid. 

I just finished the cab of the second truck on my Fairground Mixer! It's a lot of parts so far but I like it. OMG. There was a purple lint under my left "Mixer" sticker and I tried to remove it and now there are "dark" spots on my sticker. I hate stickers. There I said it.

Elves Azira's Bakery with my daughter. This theme has some awesome colors and translucents. One trans purple dish had glitter in it.

Also built Green Lantern vs. Sinestro. Great ship, three awesome figs, and a green lantern in Lego form. How can you go wrong?

post-5626-14281239961906_thumb.jpg

post-5626-14281240166604_thumb.jpg

Built 8398 City BBQ Stand, 40078 Hot Dog Stand and 40026 Statue of Liberty tonight. I BL'd all the parts for these (although I didn't realize I already had a 40078 to build jut didn't know it until after I had ordered all the parts).

The instructions for 40078 and 40026 don't exist on Lego.com which stinks.

Since I consider myself a novice MOC'er I had to think fast and consult some pics online. Luckily I found someone with 40026 instructions on their blog, which I would have definitely needed. 40078 was relatively straightforward and pics of the set in action were enough to help me out.

• Like 1

I built the Fairground Mixer! I LOVE it. TWO cons: The smaller truck looks wierd without the passenger seat. (A second passenger needs against the back of the cab to fit properly). The dunk tank girl is obviously a contractor since she is seen shaking hands with the boss/ticket lady at the end of build book 3. But then the dunk tanks is a major feature of the set?

Pros: f you don't have one I suggest getting it. The extra, unused pieces are nice like the green cherry! ;) The play feature is fun mixing the minifigs around.

After much anticipation, I opened my first Mixels finally. I tried to see if I could build the entire Series 1 but got tired after the Infernites and Cragsters. Anywho, I love these little goofball critters! Haha. I must say the design on each of these is quite smart like Flain and rather expressive especially Zorch. I think my favorite from each tribe built thus far would be Zorch of the Infernites and Shuff from the Cragsters. I like how poseable Zorch is and the handlebar for eyebrows is cute where either he is goofy mad or turn it around to give a 'sad panda' face. Shuff is silly to say the least and a well-rounded design.

I'm hoping to build the rest including Series 2 & 3 to place together on my shelf. Afterwards I want to tackle the Mixel Mech concept really bad. I'm just not sure how to go either with a big fully loaded robot or exo suit featuring a cockpit for a minifigure deal. I might need to research Flickr for this again.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1428123992.680123.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1428124010.555691.jpg

Built 8398 City BBQ Stand, 40078 Hot Dog Stand and 40026 Statue of Liberty tonight. I BL'd all the parts for these (although I didn't realize I already had a 40078 to build jut didn't know it until after I had ordered all the parts).

The instructions for 40078 and 40026 don't exist on Lego.com which stinks.

Since I consider myself a novice MOC'er I had to think fast and consult some pics online. Luckily I found someone with 40026 instructions on their blog, which I would have definitely needed. 40078 was relatively straightforward and pics of the set in action were enough to help me out.

Sites like www.worldbricks.com or www.toysperiod.com have instructions. Not sure how new they to go to though.

I think by itself, it may seem a little plain, but add a few things to it and it can easily be your best show piece.  Having the Haunted House as the canvas, your possibilities are endless from there.

This pig would finally take off if it only had flick-fires....

Edited by blue leader

I just constructed the last of Mixels Series 1 with the Electroids. Other than a pattern for some of the little hinged arms, I can also see a repeating cycle of character design as in there being a short Mixel, a tall one, and then an 'inbetweener' (middle height). Not a complaint; only an observation.

Anywho, I'm not sure who to pick as my favorite this time around. I like Teslo already for namesake being named after a certain inventor just altered slightly, I have not seen that hose part in a long while which was great and having it 'hang' behind him as a tail makes him like some robotic version of Pikachu, and his overall form is nice. Now Zaptor is interesting but may appear a little too much on the 'mentally challenged' side. Ha. Finally Volectro is awesome and better in person honestly. That exclusive yellow bush is both cool and funny, his arms and fingers are very poseable, and the build was a fun one altogether really. It feels like a tie between Volectro and Teslo leaning a tad towards Volectro ....maybe. I don't know. Both were neato in my opinion.

On a side note about the three tiny Nixels, those are not bad at all especially with everyone together. Only disadvantage is the ratio with three Nixels and nine Mixels. ....What could the Mixels ever have to fear from these little gremlins? I mean any one Mixel is larger than any Nixel. I guess in greater numbers like piranha they could be fierce.

Well anyway, the whole gang of Series 1 looks great and now onwards to Series 2!

• Like 2

Easter bunny got the kids the friends hot air balloon. Put all the pieces in eggs instead of doing candy this year

Balloon is really cool, well done, uses some cool pieces. The picnic part of the build seems.like an after thought.

Girls happy because it has another boy and they don't have many Andreas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1