What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I think something is wrong with your camera.. The pictures are very small and grainy.

Or is it the iOS app doesn't like when you link to a pic in the gallery?

Too bad your wife doesn't like Lego... I just buy her a set to build too. :)

Wait, you were buying his wive LEGO set to build ?  Can you buy one for my wife too ?  She really does not like Slave I :P

I think something is wrong with your camera.. The pictures are very small and grainy.

Or is it the iOS app doesn't like when you link to a pic in the gallery?

Too bad your wife doesn't like Lego... I just buy her a set to build too. :)

Must be the app fussing with the gallery.  You have to select them to pull them up full view.

Wait, you were buying his wive LEGO set to build ? Can you buy one for my wife too ? She really does not like Slave I :P

Hahah... Looks like I missed the 'd.

"I'd just buy her a set too."

I wanted to build the Sandcrawler so I bought my partner the Simpsons House and AA. Problem solved. Next is to decide what the Volvo bribe will be. She's going skiing with our oldest son over her reading week (spring break for university up here) so I told her I was buying Slave I as my compensation.

Hahah... Looks like I missed the 'd.

"I'd just buy her a set too."

I wanted to build the Sandcrawler so I bought my partner the Simpsons House and AA. Problem solved. Next is to decide what the Volvo bribe will be. She's going skiing with our oldest son over her reading week (spring break for university up here) so I told her I was buying Slave I as my compensation.

She just wants other stuff I can't afford.  She'd throw out the LEGO.

• Like 1

Has anyone attempted to Bricklink "The Emerald Night"?  Are there any rare parts in there I should be aware of?  I might attempt it, or the Ghostbusters Firehouse after I finish my next MOC project. Thanks

I had the coal tender and the passenger car in a bulk lot, and put those together relatively easily.  I think the only problem I ran into on those two pieces were the color of the bricks.  Otherwise, it was pretty straight forward, and I don't recall any expensive parts.  But, I had 85% of the parts on both of those to begin with, so I can't really speak to expense.  But nothing really unique, other than maybe the passenger car base plate.

I thought about piecing together the engine, but didn't.  I didn't have any of the engine parts, really, so I think that's why I passed.  Again, I think the color of the parts are what makes it unique, and potentially more expensive.

I had the coal tender and the passenger car in a bulk lot, and put those together relatively easily.  I think the only problem I ran into on those two pieces were the color of the bricks.  Otherwise, it was pretty straight forward, and I don't recall any expensive parts.  But, I had 85% of the parts on both of those to begin with, so I can't really speak to expense.  But nothing really unique, other than maybe the passenger car base plate.

I thought about piecing together the engine, but didn't.  I didn't have any of the engine parts, really, so I think that's why I passed.  Again, I think the color of the parts are what makes it unique, and potentially more expensive.

Thanks, I might attempt it next.  This Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider I'm spec'ing out parts for now is huge and is going to be much more expensive than I originally thought it would be.  I might be able to buy a sealed Emerald Night for what it's going to take for me to build this thing.

After being inspired by Alpine, my family is now hooked on Mixels.

When you consider that "build your own mini-figs" are four bucks a pop in-store, and include 7 pieces- and that for only six bucks the Mixels are 70+ pieces, the value is exceptional.

But more so, the builds are outstanding.. We're current through Series 2 and 3, but wish we had had the foresight when Series 1 was available. These are great sets, for both a family build with the kiddo's, and - in my opinion- a solid investment for future re-sale.

• Like 1

Just finished the build of the Ultra Agents Hurricane Heist (#70164)

brickpicker_set_70164-1_3.jpg

I was really exicted to build it and see its mecanism but in the end...

I was bored by the fact that nearly everything has to be build x2

- feet

- legs

- weapons

- wings

And the build itself wasn't spectacular.

About the mecanism, I'm a little disappointed too, it works ok but you can't crush minifigs, fans just turn in the air (ok that's what they're supposed to do).

And the transformation into a spaceship is disappointing too (well, I was just expecting too much).

What is great is that it's nice without stickers, so I didn't applied them...

I'm not sure that'll keep this set.

It's an ok set but right now I'm just a bit disappointed.

Pros:

- really cool bad guy minifig with a nice mask (it remembers me... MASK, from the 80's)

- the little motorcycle (good guys) included is a cool mini-vehicule

- no need to apply stickers

- surprisingly stable

- an off-beat vehicule

Cons:

- quite a boring build (x2 this, x2 that)

- not that much playable (it's supposed to use wind as a main weapon...)

- nor displayable (chicken legs makes it look a bit stupid in "robot" mode)

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

It is a tear down, not a build, but I totally broke down a built Robie House that I bought completed.  After pulling apart 700+ 1x2 tiles and 260+ singles, I do not regret bargaining hard on the price.   Sore fingers and trimmed down finger nails today.    My intent was to build it, but I am not sure now.

It is a tear down, not a build, but I totally broke down a built Robie House that I bought completed. After pulling apart 700+ 1x2 tiles and 260+ singles, I do not regret bargaining hard on the price. Sore fingers and trimmed down finger nails today. My intent was to build it, but I am not sure now.

I'll build it for you!

I built a collection of 'my own train' cars that I picked up last month. It's a very attractive set.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Was LEGO day for me! Three orders of mine all came in at once from different locations including:

60020 Cargo Truck

4432 Garbage Truck

40078 Hot Dog Stand

40108 Balloon Cart

And I also purchased the 31026 Bike Shop and Cafe which I intend to build as a modular from MOC inspirations online.

All have been built except for 31026, great day!!

Just started my first lego town 2 months ago and my vision is coming along I think :)

Edited by Silliebaby

Guest brickcrazyhouse

just got done moving last week so now the rebuilding begins. Since last sat gf has built 7 modulars (DO, PS, FB, PC, GE, PR, & MS)  I built mixels series 1 and .. thats it

Seaside House x 3 so I can pillage the light blues for my 10190 build.

I still have my row of Seaside Houses up because I can't find the strength to take them down. I really like the main home and tall one beside each other. Perhaps if I mixed the two styles together with all those bricks....

just got done moving last week so now the rebuilding begins. Since last sat gf has built 7 modulars (DO, PS, FB, PC, GE, PR, & MS)  I built mixels series 1 and .. thats it

Wow. Your girl truly is a LEGO Maniac. She's a

I got another Tower of Orthanc today with the free City Driller. AND...I didn't have my VIP card on hand (tsk tsk tsk!) so the clerk asked for my email address. After I walked out with my purchase, I noticed on my receipt she typed in the wrong VIP number and someone else got the points! I quickly ran back, the manager fixed the issue and for my trouble he handed me a free Frankenstein monthly minibuild! Bonus!!! :) (P.S. I was going to wait until next month's 2x points but this ToO was a perfect box!)