What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

21.75hrs and 14 missing pieces later, I FINALLY finished my first CL buy.

post-10435-14268290344138_thumb.jpg

Someone described it as building a dozen $30-$50 sets and putting them all together. That is a very accurate description how the build felt me.

2 thumbs up!

Edit: I forgot to put the minifigs on but they are all accounted for.

Edited by speedsausage
  • Like 8

I built some more old sets (almost out of them!) over the last week and received a few pieces to complete them

6075 Wolfpack Tower + 6078 Royal Drawbridge (these two are missing 1 or 2 minifigs, otherwise complete)

post-30305-0-73536400-1426864725_thumb.j

1853 - Hypno Cruiser.  This set reminds me of Lego Movie sets and I marvel at how much better the movie sets do with a big tie-in.  Overall, a waste of space and I will give it to a friend's kid.

post-30305-0-26410000-1426864921_thumb.j

1789 - Unitron - Star Hawk II - What a gorgeous ship, I REALLY like this and I did not build space sets when growing up, unless I took one from a sibling.

post-30305-0-94916000-1426865052_thumb.j

post-30305-0-51729800-1426865062_thumb.j

I don't have room for these so I will probably put the 3 good sets up for sale so if anyone here is interested, please send me a pm and I will arrange to post it on BC for you. :)

• Like 3

I ordered a Smaug off ebay since I didn't want to open any of mine. Man this boy is amazing. Love the retractable wings and head design. I hope it carries the set. Either way he will always be worth a pretty penny.

I just can't bring myself to pay $60 for Smaug, otherwise I'd do the same. I may just have to break down and part out a set. I just can't get any at anything lower than RRP.

I've been building this little beauty the last week.

post-8090-14269032678853_thumb.jpg

The sides aren't attached as strongly as the reviews I read suggested (it's easy to knock a few pieces off), but it sure looks good in the vertical flight position.

I dunno... I _might_ like it better than 10212 (Imperial Shuttle). Haven't decided yet.

• Like 5

Hello thread, my old friend....

Well I don't usually go building new sets when I still have so many older ones to but finding that Technic 42021 Snowmobile at Target for half-off coupled with the fact I haven't had a chance to build an official Technic set in a long, long, long time, I had to say "what the heck, I'm building this today". I must say the experience is unlike 'normal' construction of LEGO sets and I can understand better when someone said "with Technic you learn to build sideways".

The main model of the Snowmobile went together very well, looks fairly good of a $20 set, and a decent sized design made with only 186 parts (41 being tank treads). The belted tread seems a tad loose although still attached on okay therefore I might try removing one of the bits to tighten up the slack if I can (hopefully better match the stock photos). The front section for steering has so much in there; it's amazingly strong and flexible. Pneumatic springs were always a favorite part to mess around with and those tank treads are too which roll pretty good under just the weight of the set itself. Only thing I found tricky is trying to move the thing forward without deviating towards one direction or another some.

On towards the B-model of a Snow Motorcycle, well it does look like one except standing perhaps a little too high but the idea is there. Fun to play with, :) easy to tip over. :( The usage of the trans-clear Bionicle eyes for a windscreen isn't new but is a technique I like very much.

In a final conclusion, I loved the set's builds and being reminded of the experience only a Technic design could provide. Also the Technic of now is such a vastly different treatment from the original ones of regular bricks filled with holes like Swiss cheese back in the day. True there still is the 'holey' mess but with mainly beams and panels, that prior problem is not anywhere near as noticeable like before. Now I am sure it probably would look better with stickers but you know me. Homey don't sticker. :nono: Ha. Anywho I would not mind to have paid $15 for this but $10 was great and I totally dig how much of a professional grade model this thing looks sitting on display beside a regular LEGO design which now appears like a kids play set by comparison.

And for those wondering about parts, there are a few rare if not exclusive ones included. (The lime green bars are a bit rare.)

75- SW set, 7505- 2014 set, want more hint? I knew the answer. :P

Anyway, I got another set of 42021 and built the model A yesterday. I didn't build anything today coz I've been trying to brick together 10182 and 10185...

Edited by cissi

The belted tread seems a tad loose although still attached on okay therefore I might try removing one of the bits to tighten up the slack if I can (hopefully better match the stock photos).

Well I just did this the other night by removing one of the forty-one belt sections on the Snowmobile and good news is now it looks exactly like the stock photos perfectly with no slack whatsoever. Bad news is the whole track doesn't move as freely or easily like before without pressing down pretty hard while going forward. Therefore for display use only forty tread pieces whereas play needs the full forty-one.

Some more 80s sets from my CL lot:

7710 - Push along passenger steam train (I also have the motor for it but this build is the human motor version).  Unfortunately, this set is missing most of the stickers.

post-30305-0-08121900-1427086750_thumb.j

7735 - German Freight Train

post-30305-0-12473200-1427086776_thumb.j

6392 - Airport

post-30305-0-16310800-1427086830_thumb.j

Small space sets (6806, 6825, 6828, 6830, 6850) - missing a total of 5-6 small pieces but the minifigures are in excellent condition with no fading.

post-30305-0-10000900-1427086928_thumb.j

6521 Repair Truck, 6693 Refuge Truck

post-30305-0-71906700-1427086976_thumb.j

The 3 large sets are missing a couple of pieces each but the minifigures are all complete and in great condition.