What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

70413 Pirates Brick Bounty. It's not the Imperial Flagship by any stretch, but for $99 it's quite a nice little ship. I'm in the process now of adding two additional middle hull pieces, 6 cannons, and a complete third mast with two sails.

Ide like a picture of the finished product.

Finished off the Silver Champion 8458 set tonight.  Huge star Wars fan but I really like these F1 cars.

All three of them.....now need to find a good place for them on the shelf....
  • Like 2

Well I almost built all of Mixels Series 3 in one go as I certainly had the energy too but I wanted to save something for later with the Wiztastics. ;) Anywho, the line just progressively gets better with each critter and these guys were definitely some of the best ones yet.

Each of the Glorp Corp crew was fun putting together but my personal favorite is easily Glomp. He is quite poseable for the most part, stands very tall with nice legs, and the use of those snake parts as 'drool' is amusing. The mutt of Glurt was a fun one to play with and a great build. The last one Torts was another neat character. I liked how his feet and main body went together and the general shaping struck a chord with me. He looks kind of like a bird in the face. Only thing were those arm extensions the way how they stuck out so far with a starfish put on the end. The rest of him is great but those arms weren't so much.

Moving along to the Spikels which seemed like the Fang Gang from before in Series 2 but way better in many aspects I think. Each was great but there is no competition here. Hoogi wins this round hands down. Although considered one of the small guys, he stands with the best of them in design and function. His feet move much as they need to and those crazy arms along with fingers are extremely poseable. Right now he's making a Freddy Krueger pose. Ha. Footi is awesome too but like his namesake the build is very focused on his stompers however still good. Scorpi is neat between the tail, eight little legs, and a head that can turn sideways like a dog does. Overall I loved the choice of colors in bricks used for the Spikels like translucent black wedges as some of the spikes that gave a cool appearance. I can see great potential in building from this tribe indeed.

At this point I have almost all the Mixels purchased built with the exception of the Wiztastics. My desk is literally covered with these little buggers. Haha. They look great together and when I do get to the Mixel Mech stage, I wish to create something kickass for each tribe. Although I still don't have Series 4 yet, my friend at Target did say the toy aisle was getting reset soon so maybe I will be able to find that series then. I might even find some more of Series 13 from the Minifigures line as well although not like I need more of those. Haha.

Ok so, I rebuilt my 10212 just a couple of days ago.  I took it apart, because it was extremely dusty, and last summer we had some serious problems with flies, and they were everywhere in the house throughout the summer, and as you can imagine, they landed on everything.  So not only did my IS have a nice layer of dust (which looks like dooky on an all white set,) but there were little fly droppings everywhere :(.

One thing I can say about this set, is that taking it apart is the biggest pain in the ass ever.  Those freaking flat technic pins that are used in the wings are a nightmare to take out.  I wish I knew of a better way to take them apart.  All I can say is that, although it's a really fun build, I wouldn't recommend taking apart.  Ever!

P.S.  Part of the reason I even bothered to do that was so that I could cycle my Lego sets I have displayed at work.  I've had my Slave 1 on display for a couple of months now, and needed a change of scenery.  Now to figure out what I want to replace the IS with in another couple of months...hmmm....

Couldn't keep myself away and I finished up Mixels Series 3 with the Wiztastics which were a mixed bag of goodness. Each character was pretty cool and a different sort of weirdness compared to the other guys. Also between my favorite color growing up originally being blue then sort of red and now in my life it's purple (it bounces in-between all three), I really dig these magic Mixels.

Mesmo was a special one with those Chima wings. He was an interesting albeit quick build and those wizard caps are simply great for expressions and appearance. Magnifo who I can easily say is my favorite was a fun character and surprisingly I actually built him just from looking at the instructions cover. I didn't even open it up to look. Guess I have gotten used to these dudes. Heh. And finally possibly the most unique of the group, Wizwuz, which was like a trippy spider ....thing. The sides of his body around the mouth even when closed seemed a little bare but the tail and legs were bitchin'.

Well that's all the Mixels I have for the moment. I not sure what to do now but I think I will tackle the Chima Legend Beasts next as they too share those ball joints and I want to get better in experience with using them. Big plans on the mind. Mechs made from Mixels ....and something that transforms involving some lions ....something BIG.

76029 Iron Man vs. Ultron. Once again I normally don't go for the new ones but what the heck. I mainly bought the set for the Ultron Drones and needed to see if I really did want to acquire a small army of them. Unfortunately for my wallet the answer turned out to be "yes". The printing detail is phenomenal and while unique could be general enough for my desires. All three were exactly the same with the exception of the groovy helmet and new clear neck piece thing to signify the leader of this ensemble. The long antenna array looks over-the-top so I won't keep that on him but the headgear is tops and has great potential for other uses. Oh right, the Iron Man rules. I would say this version is my personal favorite but that may not be saying much because I think they're all awesome. Ha.

On towards the build, well, there wasn't a lot there but then again almost all the parts were big ones aside from the eighteen or more translucent blue single studs. This was a mixed bag for me as when completed the craft featured some nice form curving here & there. The strangest is looking at it as an "officially released design by LEGO" instead of somebody's MOC only for the fact how the Ultron Drone minifigures were integrated into the ship literally. The concept makes sense and is kind of neat but still a bit strange to see this from LEGO itself.

In the end it was very quick build with the highlights being the minifigures in particular the Ultron Drones in their army building glory. I am tempted to get another for more of those droids and wonder if I should just do so before the film hits theaters. The Cavalry Builder from The Lone Ranger disappeared fast and this could too. Anyway it will be tricky but I would like to try making an interesting alternate design here.

One last thing, this was my first time getting to play with the new stud shooters. Man those are fun! And if you listen close enough with everything fairly quiet, you can hear the stud 'zip' through the air. It's just great. They can fly a decent distance and pack a punch for something this small.

• Like 1

So I just finished my first modular (TOWN HALL) and man what an awesome build!! Fun and very creative design.  Can't wait to start building the rest and putting a street together.  My new fav Lego theme for sure.  

Took 5 hours 25 mins by myself including sorting.  I was on fire.  Only took a couple breaks. 

• Like 3

So I just finished my first modular (TOWN HALL) and man what an awesome build!! Fun and very creative design. Can't wait to start building the rest and putting a street together. My new fav Lego theme for sure.

Took 5 hours 25 mins by myself including sorting. I was on fire. Only took a couple breaks.

I really enjoyed this build too, but I was slower at about 2 sessions of 4 hours...

It looks really good with my modular collection. Fun elevator...

So I just finished my first modular (TOWN HALL) and man what an awesome build!! Fun and very creative design. Can't wait to start building the rest and putting a street together. My new fav Lego theme for sure.

Took 5 hours 25 mins by myself including sorting. I was on fire. Only took a couple breaks.

Nice! I'm more and more bummed I missed out on this set. Might have to find a used one to add to my street (just grand emporium and palace cinema so far :)

Have all modulars but first 3.  No interested in Market Street.  Just ugly and doesn't even match, let alone the awful back of the building.  Green Grocer and Cafe Corner however are really nice but never getting those.  Just too expensive.  7 modulars is enough for now plus whatever else keeps coming out.  

But yeah I built the Town Hall first because I figure it will be the centerpiece and it's awesome.  Wouldn't recommend building as quick as I did.  I was sore after from looking down at the table and sitting.  Plus my fingers felt as if I just played the guitar after a couple years from pressing all the small bricks down.  haha. 

Have all modulars but first 3. No interested in Market Street. Just ugly and doesn't even match, let alone the awful back of the building. Green Grocer and Cafe Corner however are really nice but never getting those. Just too expensive. 7 modulars is enough for now plus whatever else keeps coming out.

But yeah I built the Town Hall first because I figure it will be the centerpiece and it's awesome. Wouldn't recommend building as quick as I did. I was sore after from looking down at the table and sitting. Plus my fingers felt as if I just played the guitar after a couple years from pressing all the small bricks down. haha.

Modulars are, by some distance, the best builds out there is my opinion. Town Hall is a good one but I like some of the others that offer a bit more variety even better. Town Hall does have a nice commanding view to my town though. Finished putting the lot together last week.

post-2835-14288724917251_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Finished up 10185 Green Grocer from the giant lot I bought from theplasticmanor a few months ago.

Nice, I bought one as an intended flip a couple months back, but I really love the look of it and am going to have trouble parting with it when the time comes! The bay windows are great!

Modulars are, by some distance, the best builds out there is my opinion. Town Hall is a good one but I like some of the others that offer a bit more variety even better. Town Hall does have a nice commanding view to my town though. Finished putting the lot together last week.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1428872482.163926.jpg

Looks great! Question on the roads did you cut them so they are flush with the sidewalks?

Nice, I bought one as an intended flip a couple months back, but I really love the look of it and am going to have trouble parting with it when the time comes! The bay windows are great!

Luckily I have all the modulars so selling will be a non-issue.  It was my personal favorite before Parisian Restaurant arrived, though, as it is an awesome building, just needs some more interior work done on it upstairs.