Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

Just now, lego rules said:

I don't agree with QFLL.  Especially for an item you are only going to make a few bucks on.

The first year they were available it was anywhere from 2x to 4x MSRP for a QF and far less angry parents. Now everyone is jumping on board happy to make $20 on the two boxes they picked up.

3 hours ago, gregpj said:

The first year they were available it was anywhere from 2x to 4x MSRP for a QF and far less angry parents. Now everyone is jumping on board happy to make $20 on the two boxes they picked up.

I bought many two years ago (when it was 10664 at 1600 pieces) and many last year (10697 at 1500 pieces) and never wanted to make money out of reselling them. Instead, I want to give a few to poor or sick children. It's a great LEGO box for young kids (3-4) just starting.

17 hours ago, IAmElim said:

It's a great LEGO box for young kids (3-4) just starting.

That's also why it was a great QF. :) Even at $100, the dollar per brick ratio couldn't be beat by TRU's inflated prices on the other brick box sets.

On Monday Walmart.ca said it was in stock at all 4 stores that are "near me" and today one says not available and the others returned no status. Their website is almost as bad as LEGO.

13 minutes ago, Zender said:

I sold 5 locally last year at $75 each.  Never had one issue or complaint and if I had a lot more I could have probably sold them all too.

At $75 it's a much better deal than the next closest thing from LEGO...

https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-Creative-Building-Basket-10705

Over $80 and my money is on getting the angry parent responding to your ad. :)

47 minutes ago, gregpj said:

At $75 it's a much better deal than the next closest thing from LEGO...

https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-Creative-Building-Basket-10705

Over $80 and my money is on getting the angry parent responding to your ad. :)

We all know this, it'S all about principe. it's taking advantage of. QF are taking advantage of. Let the unfortunate have them at 40$. So, you'll say, it's a smart move, easy money. I return to  it'S all about principe. 

2 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

We all know this, it'S all about principe. it's taking advantage of. QF are taking advantage of. Let the unfortunate have them at 40$. So, you'll say, it's a smart move, easy money. I return to  it'S all about principe. 

(I most certainly don't want to debate ethics here)

I was simply suggesting that, in my opinion, asking more than $80 was where the angry parent comes into play. A bit of an emotional threshold per-se. If you're flipping these and don't care about getting the "you're a scumbag" response to a local Kijiji ad, then my advice is $80 will avoid that. If you don't care (and that's your business) then list for more.

I know some were selling these on eBay for much more than $80 in January that first year .. and the benefit of that is that you don't have to deal those losers who troll the local classified listings looking to be a smart ass.

Just now, gregpj said:

(I most certainly don't want to debate ethics here)

I was simply suggesting that, in my opinion, asking more than $80 was where the angry parent comes into play. A bit of an emotional threshold per-se. If you're flipping these and don't care about getting the "you're a scumbag" response to a local Kijiji ad, then my advice is $80 will avoid that. If you don't care (and that's your business) then list for more.

I know some were selling these on eBay for much more than $80 in January that first year .. and the benefit of that is that you don't have to deal those losers who troll the local classified listings looking to be a smart ass.

If I was rude sorry, i was just saying what I think about QF.I dont even know why I quoted you. I was on fire lol. But more seriously, I have a bad feeling when I can't have any porsche at RRP because lego is sold out because of QF, then see hundreds on ebay at 550$ or more. (castle too was likee this). I mean, it's a think that you've been smart enough to see it coming,  and bough one. But some had many many to sells, that's where I get upset. Who don't like to make money? Anyway, I am having difficulties to explain myself in english. 

Just now, TargetZero said:

If I was rude sorry, i was just saying what I think about QF.I dont even know why I quoted you. I was on fire lol. But more seriously, I have a bad feeling when I can't have any porsche at RRP because lego is sold out because of QF, then see hundreds on ebay at 550$ or more. (castle too was likee this). I mean, it's a think that you've been smart enough to see it coming,  and bough one. But some had many many to sells, that's where I get upset. Who don't like to make money? Anyway, I am having difficulties to explain myself in english. 

I wasn't offended, I was just clarifying where that $80 number was coming from.

I have mixed feelings on the QFLL.... I've done some (41999, RI are fine examples), but I don't do tons. I've cleared a few shelves of some retired sets (Arctic Cargo Plane, 42006 Excavator) but folks had months/years to buy them.

The problem with "if you're smart and see it coming" is that people don't always have time to sit and wait for the exact moment it comes online or the money that day (41999 was available for a couple days with S@H and RI was available for a couple days on TRU.ca). But c'est la vie. Il y a assez d'autres choses qu'on peut acheter avec notre argent et je ne me concerne pas trop. :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Legodoggy said:

I cleared out my local Walmart of 6 boxes of 10697.  According to the flyer it's supposed to go on sale tomorrow.  I correctly wagered that the apathetic workers in my local store wouldn't care and just ring it through!!!

It's available online right now.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-classic-lego-large-creative-box-10697/6000193609503

• Like 1