Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

11 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Deep sea Exploration and Jokerland were marked down to $120 online. Not that it's much of a deal, but figured i'd share as they don't come up under the clearance tab (yet).

They have a few long retired sets available as well, such Battle of Five Armies from the Hobbit, Droid Gunship, Milano Spaceship, Turtles Mutation Chamber. Not on sale unfortunately but still.

Found many things again, some 41078 at 45$ haha coincidence. The guy told me he cannot lower more than cost, and he checked cost on a 60$ elves, and it was 30% only he will lower it tomorrow .. anyway  he cannot go lower than  40$ (30%) Sometimes he have permission too actually lose money. Spoke with him 30min or so.  Lego want the butter and the butter's money.

They had pallets of unsold stuff...  My quest ain't over, still waiting for future price drop at 2 places...

Anyone not too far from me?

The bigger the kit is, the lesser they pay.

Licensed lego are worst, He sais the store actually pay 70$ for a 75103... 70$... Not that much. That's a reason why lego are not in big clearance, if so, they are losing on it. But store need to roll, inventory,s have to be sold. So... my supercenter is always fullllllllllllll fullll of person. That's the reason why i don't see much clearance. But the two others are small one, and everybodys go to the super center. I didn't have much time this week, and they lowered some in the beginning of the week, still there. Passed on ninjago because i have too much.

Lego city submarine, 25$,   city bulldozer 30$.    76037 30$... (paid 25 and 12 last week)...

hmmm  avengers tower 50$,...  ninjago big black dragon 40$ instead of 90$, and ninjago robot is 40$ too worth 75$.  75103 80$ but he said won't lower again this week.... still 4-5  41078 at 45$ but maybe just one with a good box,  other are smashed... 

That's about it!

• Like 1

Maybe a 2-3 jokerland too at 75$ at the other store...  i got a good job etc but I never buy lego with credit. Too easy, i find too much deals and would be in high dept knowing me.  But, still managed to buy 8000 MSRP of lego clearance this past few month. Ill throw pictures of my recents buys later on.  I would gladdy accept to help someone getting some sets a good clearance price since I find alot, and am lucky with 4 store here(3 walmart and 1 grocery). I live in sherbrooke quebec. Venez me voir en privée

Anyone here is mad at Walmart for their new "NO VISA" accepted ? ... used to buy all my lego with my visa getting many many points, each year I got to pay my vacation trip with all these extra points I made .. now I'm pissed off ! Still I fully understand them.. what will be your strategy ???

Edited by gravtation

41 minutes ago, gravtation said:

Anyone here is mad at Walmart for their new "NO VISA" accepted ? ... used to buy all my lego with my visa getting many many points, each year I got to pay my vacation trip with all these extra points I made .. now I'm pissed off ! Still I fully understand them.. what will be your strategy ???

Don't worry, Visa will bend over sooner than later. Visa can either work out a deal with Walmart or lose revenue, and marketshare to its competitors. No different than the case when Amazon wanted better rates from UPS few years ago. Amazon threaten to stop using UPS, which they did for a few days. Amazon switched over to FedEx and USPS during those few days. By second or third day, UPS executives caved in because their package volume dropped by over 1 million pieces thanks to Amazon. This story was published in the book Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon.

I hope this will spark a change in the industry and bring lower rates across the board especially to the small businesses out there. 3% is insane in order to offer convenience to consumers.

Edited by tacsniper

4 hours ago, tacsniper said:

I hope this will spark a change in the industry and bring lower rates across the board especially to the small businesses out there. 3% is insane in order to offer convenience to consumers.

When credit cards (and debit cards) weren't used by such a large portion of the population, the higher fees were justified in order to pay for the services provided. But with more and more people using plastic to pay, technology always improving and the other changes we've seen in the last 10 years (cell phones, I'm looking at you) those fees just aren't needed. VISA and MC and the companies that support them (Moneris) are making money hand over fist just like the banks. It's a bold face lie to say otherwise.

With this, the fees will probably drop but regular consumers will not see a nickel of those savings. Any CEO telling us otherwise is full of crap.

When credit cards (and debit cards) weren't used by such a large portion of the population, the higher fees were justified in order to pay for the services provided. But with more and more people using plastic to pay, technology always improving and the other changes we've seen in the last 10 years (cell phones, I'm looking at you) those fees just aren't needed. VISA and MC and the companies that support them (Moneris) are making money hand over fist just like the banks. It's a bold face lie to say otherwise.

With this, the fees will probably drop but regular consumers will not see a nickel of those savings. Any CEO telling us otherwise is full of crap.

Well you are most certainly likely to see lower, or possibly no, rewards for using your credit card. They can't give you 2% cash back if they only charge the retailer 1.5%.

This is very similar to Costco. It is likely that Walmart has targeted Visa, and is using Walmart Canada to leverage lower rates in the USA. It is a very smart move, given that it is pretty easy to get a credit card.

And, the original sell for a credit card was accepting it will increase your sales:

1 -your potential customer didn't need to have the cash in the pocket, (lower theft / loss on robbery)

2 -AND you could stop accepting personal checks (that could easily be fraudulent / bounce)

Neither of those are as relevant today as they were 30-40 years ago.

11 hours ago, gregpj said:

Agreed 100%. Down with the banks and big business!! LOL

Just now, lobo1969 said:

Agreed 100%. Down with the banks and big business!! LOL

Heh.. I'm not against banks or business or people making money (or even lots of it). I'm against being lied to by banks and business and people who makes lots of money.

7 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Heh.. I'm not against banks or business or people making money (or even lots of it). I'm against being lied to by banks and business and people who makes lots of money.

I'm mostly kidding but I do have a bias against huge multinationals who are ruled by quarterly earnings and nothing else. Just like you, I take it with a grain of salt when top side management make altruistic statements that the changes they are pushing for is for the benefit of the customer...

Edited by lobo1969

3 minutes ago, megahuts said:

I am pretty sure lying is a pre-requisite to making lots of money.

You're paraphrasing the old adage - "No great fortune was earned honestly".

Say what you will about Wal-mart, it is indisputable that one of their prime effects in the world is to lower consumer goods prices. Everything they do is geared towards that objective. They have instituted one of the most ambitious green programs in the corporate world. Whether it is for the good of the environment or the good of the bottom line primarily is open to debate but the 2 forces are aligned. This particular war on Visa will likely save your average consumer only a few bucks a year. But spread across the entire economy, and with potential spillover effects that lower these fees for everyone, the benefits do add up. Canada has the highest merchant fees in the entire world by far, so this may be the spark that changes that. Anyone with both Visa and other cards can show their support by voting with their wallet and rewarding Wal-mart with non Visa card use. Money talks so speak up. 

Certainly appreciate all these deals being posted! However this is the Walmart thread! :P

7 minutes ago, megahuts said:

Is that worth buying?

I like the set personally, but Minecraft sets in general don't seem like they will be great investments at this time, but who knows.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vodium said:

They also have Nether Fortress for 40% off  http://www.costco.ca/Lego00ae.png-Minecraft2122.png--–-The-Nether-Fortress.product.100219733.html

I need to sell some more Lego so I can buy more Lego. #Legoproblems  :boredom:

Thanks for posting.. I just ordered one - it was on my son's birthday list with the crafting box. Apparently the crafting has some activator block that my oldest says "you need in order to make all other kinds of blocks." Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm an old-school RPG player!