Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

Anyone tried price matching to Amazon.ca? Might be nice to use my Prime membership...

Edit: Nope. Canadians get shafted. "With the exception of televisions sold by Amazon.ca, Amazon.ca doesn't price match with other retailers (including Amazon.com, and retailers who sell items on Amazon.ca or any other Amazon websites."

Why does .com get such a different, glorified treatment? They're the same company aren't they? :( 

I think the system will eventually price match it as it did with other clearance sets recently like Joker's Land, Emma's House... that is if Walmart's stock last long enough.

Surprised to see a couple of these sets still available.  Either Walmart has a giant stockpile of them, or there's little appetite for further, if any, investment in them.  Thinking mostly of SOH, MC and T1.

I picked up one MC for myself.  Picked up a Big Bang Theory at the same discount recently, otherwise would have bought one.  Already have a few T1s unfortunately and not going to jump in on the SOH.

When the sale started Volvo Loaded had just over 20 in-stock. Now poof.

TRU-65
Amazon.ca-11

SOH started with over 135. Now it is down to 35. It is moving down fast comparing it next to 0 were sold at full price on a daily basis. I am hoping to see this from TRU during boxing week for BOGO 1/2 off. Still spend a **** ton of $ than I plan to this week at walmart.ca though X_X.

But hey how can we complain when we can be buying Lego exclusives for less than our American friends ;) in fact, I am sure we are buying SOH and Volvo loader probably the cheapest in the world right now.

Stock level as of this post:

Walmart.ca-35
TRU-41
Amazon.ca-20

These stock levels may not mean much tho if Lego still have tons of these in its warehouse to sent to retailers if they order them for Xmas. But I check periodically just for fun.

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

Decided to grab some snowplows at $20. Retired product, didn't have any yet, and seems to be going around $30-35 CAD on ebay right now. Might be a bit of a gamble, but folks were raving about this set last winter, how it fits both City and Creator Winter Village themes. Hoping maybe $40-45 around Christmas selling period. They have a truckload, tried entering 999 and it took, so they've got more than that available. That might totally kill the price it's going for now... we'll see. 

Grabbed a Mini last week right after this sale went up. Hymmed and hawed over the SoH and whether I wanted to grab a T1 Camper and mod it to a new colour.... by the time I'd settled on colours that could work, both SoH and T1 were gone. Ah well. Maybe we'll see other discounts in the coming weeks/months on these sets. 

• 2 weeks later...

Check you walmart's often, they are redoing toys shelves, and they have started putten the new lego sets, 

found some 41023 at 25$, worth 70$, some 41095 for 40$ instead of 90$.. Many to come. I'll take the most I can has always. Some elves etc, they have done the girls parts, but not finished ''boys'' one. Some tie, resistance transporter nexo,ninjago, etc etc to come.

Oct. Nov. and December are always slow month for hunting... (40$ huge creative box at walmart and it's about it). But I'll spare the cash not spending on lego those month for the bogo at toys-r-us in jan. Beleive me, they will be awsome deals. Awsome. And it will be larger than last year. This year, toys-r-us inventory is insane, they didn't do often special, nor coupon. It was a very slow year for me at toys-r-us. But i assume it will be like last year, buy one get one half price on product that are 30% off or more sometimes. Remember seacow, tumblers, and technic crane. And many other sets... It will be the same this year. One big event and thats it.

Be ready

Edited by TargetZero
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TargetZero said:

Check you walmart's often, they are redoing toys shelves, and they have started putten the new lego sets, 

found some 41023 at 25$, worth 70$, some 41095 for 40$ instead of 90$.. Many to come. I'll take the most I can has always. Some elves etc, they have done the girls parts, but not finished ''boys'' one. Some tie, resistance transporter nexo,ninjago, etc etc to come.

Oct. Nov. and December are always slow month for hunting... (40$ huge creative box at walmart and it's about it). But I'll spare the cash not spending on lego those month for the bogo at toys-r-us in jan. Beleive me, they will be awsome deals. Awsome. And it will be larger than last year. This year, toys-r-us inventory is insane, they didn't do often special, nor coupon. It was a very slow year for me at toys-r-us. But i assume it will be like last year, buy one get one half price on product that are 30% off or more sometimes. Remember seacow, tumblers, and technic crane. And many other sets... It will be the same this year. One big event and thats it.

Be ready

Must be quite a regional thing, here the experience is nearly the opposite!

Much of the toy asile/inventory was done last month & the clearance was lousy, most stuff was just $5-$9 off (everything was dumped in the empty shelf sections over where the Rubbermaid bins go) and mostly boring sets, very few if any Friends or Elves sets.  Many of the newer sets were put out early, expecting the september ones by next week thou.  all those will go to bigger discounts in October when the seasonal change over begins (Halloween candy is already starting to push the BBQs to the back of the store)

Oct. & November are very very busy, probably the busiest months for clearance sales at our walmarts, used to be that way with Zellers here too so maybe they just kept the tradition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Alright partner, keep on rollin' baby, you know what time it is!"

Walmart.ca might be worth a look right now as they a whole bunch of new rollbacks rollin!  

IMG_8026.PNG

Edited by kd123
PS the rollback filter has not been updated at least not at this time.