Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

I typically will wait to sell mine until after Christmas to avoid that hypocrisy. That's when everyone has some extra cash on hand from the gift-givers that didn't know what to give, allowing them to get what they want. 

As for "a few dollars profit".... I more than doubled in less than 3 months. I don't see how this set is any different than ANY other set we inflate prices on, after EOL. It's a unique box that I only ever see in this 2 or 3 day window up here in Canada... so as far as availability, it's like it's retired already. If people are willing to pay me $125 CAD for 1500 bricks, that's the value, not the $40 Walmart price tag. As an analogy, would anyone here entertain a buyer who's buying a recently EOL set that's shot up in price, and demand you give them the last TRU/Walmart/Wherever sale price instead? I doubt it. I don't!

So in regards to everyone commenting about "pissing parents off for a few bucks profit...", can any of you point out a better CAGR please? Would love to know about that hidden gem if it exists... :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I typically will wait to sell mine until after Christmas to avoid that hypocrisy. That's when everyone has some extra cash on hand from the gift-givers that didn't know what to give, allowing them to get what they want. 

As for "a few dollars profit".... I more than doubled in less than 3 months. I don't see how this set is any different than ANY other set we inflate prices on, after EOL. It's a unique box that I only ever see in this 2 or 3 day window up here in Canada... so as far as availability, it's like it's retired already. If people are willing to pay me $125 CAD for 1500 bricks, that's the value, not the $40 Walmart price tag. As an analogy, would anyone here entertain a buyer who's buying a recently EOL set that's shot up in price, and demand you give them the last TRU/Walmart/Wherever sale price instead? I doubt it. I don't!

So in regards to everyone commenting about "pissing parents off for a few bucks profit...", can any of you point out a better CAGR please? Would love to know about that hidden gem if it exists... :) 

spot on! :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

If people are willing to pay me $125 CAD for 1500 bricks, that's the value, not the $40 Walmart price tag.

Wow! I don't believe I've seen it on CL for $125, the most I've seen is $100, and again that's in the months after Christmas when supplies are dry and people have disposable cash.

59 minutes ago, wilandirene said:

Wow! I don't believe I've seen it on CL for $125, the most I've seen is $100, and again that's in the months after Christmas when supplies are dry and people have disposable cash.

No, you're right. I made the mistake of trying to sell them initially on CL last year. So many sellers trying to undercut, I sold one at $75 cash and quickly realized I wasn't earning what I'd hoped. Sticking them up on eBay 6 weeks later is where the money started rolling in.

I'll acknowledge that they're a bit of a pain to ship, awkward size to find a box that's just right. Thankfully I'm in a position to access free shipping materials (recycling from work) with a wide variety of sizes to choose from. That certainly helped my margins out.

2 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

No, you're right. I made the mistake of trying to sell them initially on CL last year. So many sellers trying to undercut, I sold one at $75 cash and quickly realized I wasn't earning what I'd hoped. Sticking them up on eBay 6 weeks later is where the money started rolling in.

I'll acknowledge that they're a bit of a pain to ship, awkward size to find a box that's just right. Thankfully I'm in a position to access free shipping materials (recycling from work) with a wide variety of sizes to choose from. That certainly helped my margins out.

Nice! I used to sell other smaller items on eBay but was leery of shipping such large boxes. Glad it worked out for you!

2 hours ago, kd123 said:

Prices on these boxes are dropping fast.  I've seen as low as $50 on kijiji which is below after tax retail in Ontario.  I don't know how some can do this.  

Some people are just stupid. They either bought them with a bunch of other stuff, forgot what the tax was, and think they're making $10 or they realized they don't really know what they're doing and are dumping them at cost.

As I love them for they in-store clearance(found huge deal(at least 50%) on cool set) I hate them for they price matching policies. When I go to toys-r-us and show proof of lower price, they don't botter really much and make the price match. No trouble, easy. When I price match at walmart, from they website to a store, or waht ever alwayys trouble. This morning wanted two price-matched with their internet site, 2x31038 changing seasons, I was told that they cannot becasuee it's a one day special, I was wtf, that doenst matter, and were it is writen?, than she just said we dont price match online price, I said yes you do, it's not a clearance item, where is the clearance sign yellow sign on the picture or what ever? tthen she said if it was toy-s-rus flyer I would price match.. I was WTF and confuse by the logic of this women.. well after 5min of this and that, finaly she noticed that i was out of stock, so she simply said cannot becasue out of stock....

never had ANY problem at toy-r-us even if it's out of stock. walmart sucks bad.

Edited by TargetZero

7 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

As I love them for they in-store clearance(found huge deal(at least 50%) on cool set) I hate them for they price matching policies. When I go to toys-r-us and show proof of lower price, they don't botter really much and make the price match. No trouble, easy. When I price match at walmart, from they website to a store, or waht ever alwayys trouble. This morning wanted two price-matched with their internet site, 2x31038 changing seasons, I was told that they cannot becasuee it's a one day special, I was wtf, that doenst matter, and were it is writen?, than she just said we dont price match online price, I said yes you do, it's not a clearance item, where is the clearance sign yellow sign on the picture or what ever? tthen she said if it was toy-s-rus flyer I would price match.. I was WTF and confuse by the logic of this women.. well after 5min of this and that, finaly she noticed that i was out of stock, so she simply said cannot becasue out of stock....

never had ANY problem at toy-r-us even if it's out of stock. walmart sucks bad.

I'm pretty sure Walmart's policy is to not price match their online store. However it has been shown to be YMMV. Silly i know, but if i'm not mistaken that is their policy.

5 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

I'm pretty sure Walmart's policy is to not price match their online store. However it has been shown to be YMMV. Silly i know, but if i'm not mistaken that is their policy.

It might be new, or i was not explain correctlyy, but again you are right YMMV. 3 walmarts here, out of those, 1 is a supercenter, that's the one I am having difficulty with, I previously matched online price at multi occasion in those 3 walmarts, like 50 times, without any problems. I was said they could not if it was clearance, otherwise it was ok. But today, it is not. They cannot price match thing like bogo , because those are clearance item... anyway,  very silly, we price match everyone EXCEPT our online store.. WTF???... 

• 2 weeks later...

****, just realized they were doing clearance in one of my walmarts, they were all sorts of lego sets at 50% or more...   All empty, but manage to find ray speeder at 10$ each x3... only that. They were deli café at 50% and some starwars etc...  missed the boat for once!!  I was too busy and didn't do what I use to so I missed it.

but still a good catch 10$ ray speeder

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like some new markdowns on the site... a few of note:

General Grievous (75112): $30.00 

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-star-wars-constraction-general-grievous-75112/6000192885314

The Hulk Buster (76031): $25.00

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-super-heroes-the-hulk-buster-smash-76031/6000189905350

...as well as buildable Star Wars figures, and some Friends, Nexo Knights and Ninjago sets

Edited by Shneebs