Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

My local WM had quite a lot of sets set aside for clearance in one of the toy aisles but they have been steadily dissappearing over the last couple of weeks. As far as i can tell they werent discounted, so either someone price matched them and bought them up or WM put them back in their warehouse or send them back to Lego. Either way not a good thing for me, now i have to look elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Some would say yes, but i couldn't move these to save my life even at a very close to retail price. Longer holds for me i suppose.

That's what I am afraid of. No special pieces, or minifigures. Part out value is low. Guess I am better off buying IST with $110 instead. I hope IST will do as well as AT-AT or ISD once it retires :D

Edited by tacsniper

My local WM had quite a lot of sets set aside for clearance in one of the toy aisles but they have been steadily dissappearing over the last couple of weeks. As far as i can tell they werent discounted, so either someone price matched them and bought them up or WM put them back in their warehouse or send them back to Lego. Either way not a good thing for me, now i have to look elsewhere. 

This happened to me with a stack of AT-AT's and other sets. All in a clearance section one day, completely gone the next. Of course looking back AT-ATs at retail is a steal, but back then i was waiting for a nice discount.

No idea where they went... But yeah this does seem to happen sometime.

• Like 1

It seems that quite a few items got more stock added, ones that were "out of stock" and "limited stock" are now "in stock"

I picked up a few Mirkwood Elf Army (79012) sets.

I try not to buy sets at full price, but I didn't find these on sale at all. And who wouldn't want an elf army anyway?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vodium said:

It seems that quite a few items got more stock added, ones that were "out of stock" and "limited stock" are now "in stock"

I picked up a few Mirkwood Elf Army (79012) sets.

I try not to buy sets at full price, but I didn't find these on sale at all. And who wouldn't want an elf army anyway?

You made a very good call on 79012. :)

my wife found 1x  41055 for 20$ worth 89.99$

2x41038 for 15$ each worth 69.99$

and 2x41039 fort 20$ each worth 89,99$.  Nothing more, they didn't lower price on other clearance lego... 

only those 3, assuming they were taken to much space and they needed the shelves.Very happy with this

Is TZ the only guy in Canada getting these Clearance deals? 

This thread is depressing. I have doubts Vancouver is ever going to see these deals. Population density and high cost of living means lots of above average wealth, feels like all the rich parents are paying retail regularly enough for this stuff to ever have a chance to hit Clearance status. Sad day. 

3 hours ago, Stragus said:

You made a very good call on 79012. :)

Sadly I got the out of stock email. Maybe they will find some yet. I ordered a phantom when they popped back in stock, got the oos email. 2 weeks later it was shipped. xD 

36 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Tell me about it, he's even finding so much that he can't buy everything! :)

Meanwhile, our stock to part out is down to lower priority, low quantity boxes... I tend to avoid purchasing in stores because we need high quantities, and that rarely works out.

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

This thread is depressing. I have doubts Vancouver is ever going to see these deals. Population density and high cost of living means lots of above average wealth, feels like all the rich parents are paying retail regularly enough for this stuff to ever have a chance to hit Clearance status. Sad day. 

I concur that Vancouver doesn't get many clearance deals past 20%. Regular folk clear that out even at that meager discount.

Got my packages from Walmart today. Shame on Walmart for shipping in the garbage bags. Kudos to Canada Post for not throwing the packages around throughout its journey.

All seals appear to be intact. Just a few crease and nicks here and there.

IMG_5435_zpsuktdy71w.jpg

FullSizeRender%208_zpsshalnraf.jpgFullSizeRender%2013_zps6bqqjxki.jpgFullSizeRender%2012_zpsbg5flurg.jpgFullSizeRender%2010_zpsnuuh9p5h.jpgFullSizeRender%2011_zpsqide4qrm.jpgFullSizeRender%209_zpsc0i9tvkz.jpg

On an unrelated note... found these Tsum Tsum for $1 in one Walmart today!! Other stores still selling them at $5. Needless to say, I dropped about $200 on these Tsum Tsum today X_X

IMG_5425_zps9qe5ectc.jpg

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

Tsum tsum! This isn't lougheed walmart Is it?

Got my packages from Walmart today. Shame on Walmart for shipping in the garbage bags. Kudos to Canada Post for not throwing the packages around throughout its journey.

All seals appear to be intact. Just a few crease and nicks here and there.

IMG_5435_zpsuktdy71w.jpg

FullSizeRender%208_zpsshalnraf.jpgFullSizeRender%2013_zps6bqqjxki.jpgFullSizeRender%2012_zpsbg5flurg.jpgFullSizeRender%2010_zpsnuuh9p5h.jpgFullSizeRender%2011_zpsqide4qrm.jpgFullSizeRender%209_zpsc0i9tvkz.jpg

On an unrelated note... found these Tsum Tsum for $1 in one Walmart today!! Other stores still selling them at $5. Needless to say, I dropped about $200 on these Tsum Tsum today X_X

IMG_5425_zps9qe5ectc.jpg