Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

12 hours ago, BarryZola said:

I've built one of my Birds sets (looks nice on the window ledge) and it came with at least one of the baseplates loose in the box, not in a bag. Hope that helps :)

Yea there's more than a baseplate that isn't in a bag inside of my sealed box. Has it ever been heard of before? Ripped lego bag inside sealed sets? Really don't want to open the set, but I think it might need to be done. I see TRU does price match with Target.com and I think its priced at 31.99 on there. Saw a couple of them at my local TRU so ill head over later today.  

Brick link

Well, besides Bricklink.

I guess that any other store/company already sold all of them so now it's only available in the secondary market. I got one for my personal collection off eBay at 70€, but would love to grab two or three at MSRP which I guess is impossible by now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes, finally OOS on Amazon!  Lowest 3rd party price is ~$70!  Awesome.  Several eBay BIN sales this week in the $60-$70 range as well, more good news.   I'm hoping for $100 on this set within 12-18 months...

Just in time! 2 more arriving today from Amazon. I accumulated more of these than first expected.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Just 3 days after, Lowest price on Amazon is $69.   
Not too shabby for a $38 set.

VERY early for me to be claiming victory on this but since i have 18 of them purchased for an average of $33.51 (actually even lower due to the insane prices i got on free JP poly bags with many of them, plus 20% coupon, plus GC discounts)  

But..................

CAakuoyVIAA1Xn_.jpg

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 2

I second guessed myself a couple times on this set.  The birds market is huge so I thought this could be a sleeper even though it was an IDEAS set. Then it retired in Europe and showed impressive gains along with plenty of chatter on theses forums.  I figured at that point the horde would sniff this out and the US market would be saturated.  Then the Target and Amazon fire sales happened and I figured there was no way it had a shot, especially since it was already marked Retired.  

My average buy-in is $37 so not looking too bad right now.   This should be an easy one to pack and ship.  Love the sturdy box.  Most of mine are mint, even when Target shipped a couple in a refrigerator sized box.