Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

2 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Yeah I see no No harm at $38 a pop after tax.. Took my mini horde and we all used the 20% off coupon for TRU on the last 3 sets of birds at my store..guess 3 sets will do for now..  you guys know where to get them online for $38 or less??

Not without discount gift cards, rewards, etc.

Yeah I see no No harm at $38 a pop after tax.. Took my mini horde and we all used the 20% off coupon for TRU on the last 3 sets of birds at my store..guess 3 sets will do for now..  you guys know where to get them online for $38 or less??

Buy 2x in eBay TRU store and use the $15 off coupon, if you haven't use it...

The fact that you guys are saying if it will do well and looking to buy some from retail outlets just shows how big the US Lego market is.

Here in the Aussie market it barely made it to a few retailers, with only a couple of drops last year.

By the time it retired last year, all stock in the wild was virtually gone. It is now selling here for 2x RRP.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ED-209 said:

The fact that you guys are saying if it will do well and looking to buy some from retail outlets just shows how big the US Lego market is.

Here in the Aussie market it barely made it to a few retailers, with only a couple of drops last year.

By the time it retired last year, all stock in the wild was virtually gone. It is now selling here for 2x RRP.

The Birds set didn't make it to any retailer here in The Netherlands. And because we also don't have an official LEGO store in The Netherlands, the only way to buy the Birds set in The Netherlands was through the Lego LEGO Shop at Home site. Cheapest you can get it now is for €80 which is about US$ 90...

6 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

I asked this in an earlier feed but maybe something has changed.. Anyone know where I can get this set below $40??! Jet was my plan but they no longer have it I assume..

Toys R Us:

in store with 20% coupon and discounted GC from eBay would get you around 30 ish and a free Ninjago.

easier...buy $100 Babies r Us GC from PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay for $85 (6.80 back as eBay bucks) 

buy 2 online at toys r us for 42.99 ea and used discounted GC works out to just below 40 after tax not counting ebay bucks and free Ninjago.

Gotta hustle for the deals these days.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brickshiftmama said:

Toys R Us:

in store with 20% coupon and discounted GC from eBay would get you around 30 ish and a free Ninjago.

easier...buy $100 Babies r Us GC from PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay for $85 (6.80 back as eBay bucks) 

buy 2 online at toys r us for 42.99 ea and used discounted GC works out to just below 40 after tax not counting ebay bucks and free Ninjago.

Gotta hustle for the deals these days.

Can you use TRU GC when buying from TRU thru ebay?

On March 22, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Miami Bomb Squad said:

@$35/set.   508 pcs  
Can't really go wrong with this set. 
If it does bomb, then it would make a great gift to any gender & age group.
Just sit back and watch! 

I see this one like most architecture sets.  It's a universal set that can appeal to many people.  This set is just not for kids, and like architecture sets, it will perform about the same over time.   Lego needs to make more sets like this.

• Like 1

Did the $85 GC deal twice .. So after eBay bucks cost me $78 ish For $100 for each card..  Snagged two birds sets fromTRU online for $92  after tax on each order.. (all stores are sold out near me).. Leaves me with $8 on $100 card that cost $78 ..So that is $35 a set!! Sell the 2 flyers and get a little bit more off..not to mention Rewards earned fromTRU.. Thanx guys! 

3 hours ago, Loghamel said:

I'm not trying to start an argument, just wondering why you say this.

I think there are some sets that lego offers that caters more towards an adult market.  Architecture line is definitely one of them, and i'd say sets like Birds fit the criteria.  When I go into TRU and see birds next to all the other sets like ninjago, superheroes, etc, it just doesn't fit as well.  It's one of those sets that makes more sense in the puzzle section of Barnes and Noble or Books a Million.  Hence, it has more of an adult appeal to it.

• Like 4