Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

3 minutes ago, Steve Brule said:

My TRU is fully stocked with all of the most recent sets and they have only 2 bird sets. Does that mean I should buy?

Either they are selling well and that is all they have left or they aren't selling well and those have been sitting there for ages.

Edited by Battrax
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

I think it's been that way for months now.  

It definitely has. And Amazon and Target still has them in stock since the red Sold Out tag. Not sure what that means. 

Horde has yet to hit? Horde doesn't think this set will do well? Too much standing inventory at third party sites? 

It seems to be a good set to me. I haven't built one yet but I have two in my inventory.

It definitely has. And Amazon and Target still has them in stock since the red Sold Out tag. Not sure what that means. 

Horde has yet to hit? Horde doesn't think this set will do well? Too much standing inventory at third party sites? 

It seems to be a good set to me. I haven't built one yet but I have two in my inventory.

Better increase that number while you have the chance.

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

It is an excellent set - the presentation and accompanying materials are lovely, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

the horde has hit it, as several have mentioned this set to buy. 

Further evidence: 178 resellers on amazon, I suspect that will be over 200 resellers soon

Edited by legopocalypse

• 2 weeks later...

As a new  Brickinvestor last year I bought one Ideas Birds set as a curiosity and first toe in the water, last September. I bought it at Lego LEGO Shop at Home for RRP since it wasn't sold anywhere else. Not in any online toystore and not in any Brick and Mortar toystore.

I sold that one Birds set for nearly 2x my buy-in. Net profit, because I didn't have any costs to subtract.

In retrospect I wish I had bought more...

Of course, the situation in The Netherlands is incomparable to that in the USA.

This is one of those funny sets. I can personally say that it is a fantastic build and they display beautifully. I really want the other employee gift set, but cha ching!

That being said, it just doesn't appeal to the masses. So I'm on the fence investment-wise. But I still have my quota....

I'm a fan of this set.  Don't have a lot of this one, but have enough to sit back and watch and hopefully real it in, if it does spike.  I also think it's one of those sets, like architecture that transcends the mentality that legos are "kids toys".  This is one of those sets that you can give to a person really into bird watching and they'll be thrilled.. And secondly... as i've said before in this thread. Bird Watching is a HUGE hobby generating billions of dollars a year.  

• Like 2