Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

15 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I think there are some sets that lego offers that caters more towards an adult market.  Architecture line is definitely one of them, and i'd say sets like Birds fit the criteria.  When I go into TRU and see birds next to all the other sets like ninjago, superheroes, etc, it just doesn't fit as well.  It's one of those sets that makes more sense in the puzzle section of Barnes and Noble or Books a Million.  Hence, it has more of an adult appeal to it.

I'm an idiot.  I thought this was the Wall-E thread as I had it open as well.  I totally agree with you on this one.  Definitely a display set.  

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Are you saying it should've by now or that you don't believe it will for a long time from now?

This set is still available pretty much everywhere. So I think it will take more than an year. I am sure you will find better deal before the end of This year. Thats how I got it in 2014.... This set is so over priced for its quality. Just saying

Edited by poj11

This set is still available pretty much everywhere. So I think it will take more than an year. I am sure you will find better deal before the end of This year. Thats how I got it in 2014.... This set is so over priced for its quality. Just saying

I built this on Thursday and I disagree with you; I think that this is a very high quality set.

8 hours ago, dcdfan said:

Birds 21301 is 15% off @Amazon...

8 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

I know target deals were mentioned couple days ago but not sure if this was included, sorry if reposting.

http://www.target.com/s?category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories&searchTerm=lego%2060051

60051 train for $103

My guess is poj actually intended to reply to the 60051 post not 21301.  they were one right after the other.

21301 is all but officially retired now.

• Like 1

It seems like most people writing on this thread don't think it is retiring.  I feel like maybe it is.  Sold out online at Lego, target, walmart, barnes and noble.  Ideas seem to be available for a year or so.  I think this set, if it is retired now, can really perform well.  Percentage-wise better than architecture sets - which surprisingly have high appreciation for being available for so many years.

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It retired in Europe 5 months ago. In the US, they have been discounting it to clear remaining stock. Have they actually produced more with new seal codes since then? If not, assume it to be dead.

Thanks Val-E.  I forgot about the official retirements outside the U.S.  So that even adds to the likelihood that it is done here in the U.S.  I'm at the office right now but am expecting an Amazon delivery today so will check the seals and report back.

• Like 1

I'm sure some of you own the set and have built it, so this question is geared towards you guys. I got the set on sale on Amazon and it just arrived. The seals aren't broken but some of the pieces sound as if they are out of their bags. Does the set come like that? I can hear small pieces just sliding across the cardboard box from one side to the other. I know they aren't in there corresponding bags, some. 

23 minutes ago, ednap2106 said:

I'm sure some of you own the set and have built it, so this question is geared towards you guys. I got the set on sale on Amazon and it just arrived. The seals aren't broken but some of the pieces sound as if they are out of their bags. Does the set come like that? I can hear small pieces just sliding across the cardboard box from one side to the other. I know they aren't in there corresponding bags, some. 

I haven't opened any yet but all of my Birds sound like that...

Edited by dcdfan

14 minutes ago, pat_teeth_hurt said:

Seals are 35s5.  Not sure what to make of these coming from Europe as I'm in the u.s.  But hoping to check back in a couple years and see these going for 200!

Was the seal code printed in larger letters than usual on u.s. Seal codes? That's what I have on my Target-supplied 21305.... wondering if this is normal.

15 hours ago, pat_teeth_hurt said:

It seems like most people writing on this thread don't think it is retiring.  I feel like maybe it is.  Sold out online at Lego, target, walmart, barnes and noble.  Ideas seem to be available for a year or so.  I think this set, if it is retired now, can really perform well.  Percentage-wise better than architecture sets - which surprisingly have high appreciation for being available for so many years.

Toys R Us also sold out as well. Surprisingly, Amazon has this on sale right now for $37.79. Picked up another just for shiggles.