Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

40 minutes ago, plastic passion said:

As a new buyer/investor, after hoarding the tumbler, birds were my next stop!     Is it really this easy?   lol....   - I am sure I have plenty of stinkers too.   happy miercoles people!   ec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJnbmUnNNYo

Do us a favor and don't tell anyone how easy this is.

The hard part is actually photographing, listing, negotiating, getting packing material, doing the packing, shipping cost, going to the post office, (or not), hoping they arrive, dealing with returns, insurance claims, paying ebay fees, paying paypal fees, paying taxes, etc.

Other than that,,,,,,,yes this is easy :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

The hard part is actually photographing, listing, negotiating, getting packing material, doing the packing, shipping cost, going to the post office, (or not), hoping they arrive, dealing with returns, insurance claims, paying ebay fees, paying paypal fees, paying taxes, etc.

...and yahoos dropping prices

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I have decided that part of my strategy going forwards is to do what emazers says (but not completely)  and the opposite of what plastic _passion says (but not completely).

I think I am at 6 of this set. It is a lovely set though (and his book with more bird designs is great).

I was an early believer in this set, look at early posts in this thread.  I hit my quota of 50 sets late last year.  My average buy-in is $34.  I used every trick and bought 2-4 sets at TRU each week, stacking $5 off $25 and 10% off deals.  I'll start unloading these now, a few sales at $75 and see where it goes from here.  Easy set to pack and ship, for once.  Cheap shipping, too, compared to modulars and UCS sets.  

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, plastic passion said:

As a new buyer/investor, after hoarding the tumbler, birds were my next stop!     Is it really this easy?   lol....   - I am sure I have plenty of stinkers too.   happy miercoles people!   ec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJnbmUnNNYo

If you haven't sold anything yet then you really don't have any idea how hard or easy this is. Buying is by far the easiest part. 

• Like 1

Snatched up the last 3 sets of 21301 birds that i can get my grubby paws on.  I did have to pay $46 a set with my 10%..BUT After seeing sales this week. I have little doubt that we will see $100 or more by Christmas. On eBay there are only 3 sets available @ $65.. With the average asking price being $85. Feel free to look for yourself because it is hard to believe how well this set is doing so quickly. 

B&N TOOS online per their site. Probably would have grabbed a few with the 10% off but not sure on WM, b/c w/my tax that's about $48/$49....now $30 previously, that was worth it...but for $50 let's say, well the set will cost $10 to ship and then another $7/$8 for fees, so to make some money it would need to be upwards of $100 to make that worthwhile...but then again who knows...WM still available...anyone grabbing at retail?