Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

6 minutes ago, waddamon said:

I got 5 yesterday, lets see if it actually ships, I am expecting no.

I've had some of mine canceled a few days ago, but it was done within a few minutes of my order so I'd guess that if it's been a day, you're good.

Also, all the boxes I got were not in the greatest condition but were "acceptable".  Seals were 21S5, I think.

And, by the way, it is back in stock again without any notes on how many are left.

Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed a couple more.

Does anyone know the deal with all the Japanese Sellers on Amazon? It looks like the majority of supply currently on amazon is from Japan. (Please let me know if this is already discussed else where).

Are you talking about this set specifically because I have not observed this...

Does anybody think this is a strategy on Walmart's part?

Cap the website inventory quantity at a certain amount to give the illusion that an item is "low stock." The horde jumps at this "opportunity" and the next time the inventory update cycle runs again the quantity is updated but only up to the "cap".

Rinse and repeat until inventory levels are at a comfortable level.

Practically every shopping cart system has this type of functionality so why wouldn't Walmart do the same?

Just saying...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Does anybody think this is a strategy on Walmart's part?

Cap the website inventory quantity at a certain amount to give the illusion that an item is "low stock." The horde jumps at this "opportunity" and the next time the inventory update cycle runs again the quantity is updated but only up to the "cap".

Rinse and repeat until inventory levels are at a comfortable level.

Practically every shopping cart system has this type of functionality so why wouldn't Walmart do the same?

Just saying...

That would seem like a very smart way to do things however it's completely unnecessary in this situation since the set is retired and sold out everywhere else. The horde would decend no matter what.

That would seem like a very smart way to do things however it's completely unnecessary in this situation since the set is retired and sold out everywhere else. The horde would decend no matter what.

Yea true.

Still feel this method would speed the clear out process.