10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

As awesome as KISS was (is?), there should be some kind of penalty for having a Knex avatar on a LEGO investing site :P

I was wondering how long it would take someone to point this out.  You win the Gene Simmons prize: xD   LEGO probably didn't want to pay Gene the enormous royalty that Knex had to.  Oh and they are still around producing CD's and touring: face lifts, hip replacements and all.....

bp_1377530699__raptor.jpg

Oh, so that's how you want to play the game, huh? Well, how about this.

ocpy3.jpg

Anybody see the Toy Hunter episode with Gene Simmons? The man has every piece of KISS merchandise ever created. Yeah, all of it.

I did not watch that episode but I had watched part of an interview years ago with Gene Simmons and the dude has one kickass collection for sure.

I only have a couple of sets of lego so far since I just came out of my dark ages. (SSD, X-Wing 10240, UCS Batmobile, HH)

The HH is by far my favorite set. It's highly detailed and I just love the theme. I can't believe lego didn't come out with a HH sooner. I've actually been deciding how I should light up the interior to give it a really cool/spooky effect.

I only have a couple of sets of lego so far since I just came out of my dark ages. (SSD, X-Wing 10240, UCS Batmobile, HH)

The HH is by far my favorite set. It's highly detailed and I just love the theme. I can't believe lego didn't come out with a HH sooner. I've actually been deciding how I should light up the interior to give it a really cool/spooky effect.

Dude get on youtube and search "artifex haunted house." Artifex is a guy who does a lot of custom lighting, and his HH is Awesome Sauce.

Dude get on youtube and search "artifex haunted house." Artifex is a guy who does a lot of custom lighting, and his HH is Awesome Sauce.

I actually did some research on him but I don't think he is selling the kit.  Besides, I'm thinking of going along the lines of using this:

http://www.amazon.com/20-Pink-Lights-Silver-Wire/dp/B004DZDX66/ref=pd_sim_hg_2

At 7', it's a bit long but I guess I'll find a way to work around it.  I just wished they had purple as a color.  I'm debating between pink, green or Warm white for the interior color.  I'm not sure which color will have my desired affect.  But its cheap so I can buy all 3 and test it out.

• 1 month later...

I don't know, but from what I heard from couple of Lego store employees, the HH hasn't been selling very well.  On the other hand, the Vampyre Castle and Ghost Train have been selling very well in the last couple of months, probably due to some discount offerings/retiring.

typically when a lego employee tells me something i just assume the opposite is true. if i had listened to lego employees for investmet invite i would have invested in death stars, fire brigades and price of Persia. Instead i have emerald nights, imperial flag ships and LOTR, most of which are Orc forge, weathertop and uruk hai army (all retired)

I'm not sure about the Monster fighter theme at all, I mean I like the sets, especially the Haunted House, but I think TLG missed a good opportunity to tie in a license here. If the whole range had a solid collectible licensed theme like 'Addams Family' or something like that, or even if they'd tied it in with a big studio then I think Lego would have spanked it.

Instead we've got some good sets which will probably be gone in the next 2-3 months but all these sets stand a good chance to be re-produced and improved upon with some other generic monsters theme by 2015, much like Dino and all the previous Dinosaur sets.

The Haunted House will be the best of the bunch no doubt  but in 2 years time would I rather be sitting on UCS R2's, Unimogs and Orthancs? Definitely.

I'm not sure about the Monster fighter theme at all, I mean I like the sets, especially the Haunted House, but I think TLG missed a good opportunity to tie in a license here. If the whole range had a solid collectible licensed theme like 'Addams Family' or something like that, or even if they'd tied it in with a big studio then I think Lego would have spanked it.

Instead we've got some good sets which will probably be gone in the next 2-3 months but all these sets stand a good chance to be re-produced and improved upon with some other generic monsters theme by 2015, much like Dino and all the previous Dinosaur sets.

The Haunted House will be the best of the bunch no doubt  but in 2 years time would I rather be sitting on UCS R2's, Unimogs and Orthancs? Definitely.

I think all the sets are pretty great to be honest, they all are a little different.  I am not sure if i would like it more if it had the AF as a licensed theme.  I think it's great how it's as "generic" as it can be.  They have 8 sets which is prety good, TMNT only has 6 atm which people of all generations know as well.

Guest TabbyBoy

I hope not! Purchased two because I finally was able to open up an Amazon.com card and had $65 in gift cards. Couldn't say no to free shipping and a about 20% off the whole deal. Personally, I like the look of it and most likely will crack and build one! :P

Not easy to resist temptation, I'm half way through building one of my HH for 31OCT.  It's a VERY impressive build so far.  If you feel the need the build, there are far worse ways to spend a dark, wet and windy evening.  A bottle of Barolo to hand while spreading the bits out and lovely-jubbly. ;-)

Made a leap and purchased two of these last night. I'm sure I'll be tempted to open and build one if it arrives on-time before trick or treat time! :P

I did enough research to make a gutsy investment, but I'm sure the set will do really well and sell off quickly during this holiday season.

Made a leap and purchased two of these last night. I'm sure I'll be tempted to open and build one if it arrives on-time before trick or treat time! :P

I did enough research to make a gutsy investment, but I'm sure the set will do really well and sell off quickly during this holiday season.

I see the set doing well around Halloween and Christmas. Those is when the demand will be the highest.