10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Amazon had a fire sale last year someone please remind me of the discounted price. I do remember many people received damaged boxes though. Keep in mind that was before the LEGO rule of no discounts on exclusives was put into effect. Also the haunted house is said to be sticking around as the only set from the MF line. It sells to well and is hands down the best set from the line. It will be around for a while to come.

May 30, 2013 will go down as a date to remember... U still get giddy about that sale. Checkout the thread. There was a lot of Lego man-love that day.

Haunted House $134.01

Arkham $119.68

Horizon Express $101.04

Sopwith Camel $88.20

VW t1 Camper $107.37

Note: a number of us also received 10%-20% discounts on top of that due to shipping issues.

• Like 1

I die a little inside every time I read about May 30.  I was investing, but I wasn't reading the forums here, and had no clue.

What I'd do to have Arkham, Town Hall, Haunted House, and the T1 for those prices...even just one for personal builds!

I doubt we'll ever see a day like that again.

I die a little inside every time I read about May 30.  I was investing, but I wasn't reading the forums here, and had no clue.

What I'd do to have Arkham, Town Hall, Haunted House, and the T1 for those prices...even just one for personal builds!

I am with you on that one.. Still hoping to see that day again..

It's not on the wholesale list so it must be retiring soon.

I thought it was a prerequisite that this statement was in every thread questioning if an exclusive was going away. Just doing my part.

Is this sarcasm going over a newbies head?  Someone else questioned are exclusives included on this wholesale list?  Is the Haunted House an exclusive? and what does that even mean?  Seems like the word "exclusive" gets bandied about quite a bit.  Exclusive to whom?  Comments?

Is this sarcasm going over a newbies head?  Someone else questioned are exclusives included on this wholesale list?  Is the Haunted House an exclusive? and what does that even mean?  Seems like the word "exclusive" gets bandied about quite a bit.  Exclusive to whom?  Comments?

The term exclusive for Lego seems to have a wide array of shades.

There are sets that are exclusive to LEGO Shop at Home, exclusives that are only sold on LEGO Shop at Home/TRU, LEGO Shop at Home/Target and so on. Basically, exclusive means that you won't shouldn't find them at mom and dad's toy shop or certain retailers.

For example, 9476 Lord of The Rings the Orc Forge was a Target exclusive. Could be found there, al Lego stores and LEGO Shop at Home. Over here in the EU, it was available from several retailers including Amazon and local toy shops.

Another example, 5888 Dino's Ocean Interceptor was a TRU US exclusive. I don't know where it was available over here in the EU.

If I remember correctly, this situation happened because a Japanese seller dropped their prices by 30 % or so and Amazon's algorithms matched it.  I doubt it could happen again but there will always be glitches in the matrix.

But its not a modular, is there any history of Lego keeping a theme alive with just one set hanging out by its lonesome?  I ask this as a newbie.

people treat it like its a modular though, ive seen plenty of pictures titles "modular city" with it in the line up. Im planning to pick up one for myself and one as investment.

For those in Canada, you are ready to make some gains on this. Just check out the currency. Imagine if the USD goes to 80cents. An instant profit by selling this on ebay without even waiting for EOL. 

I`ve been paying attention to that as well. I don`t really feel too bad either. We pay enough of a premium, it`s about we got something back  :thumbsup: Seriously though, the state of the overall economy does concern me, and while there appears to be an opening to make a quick buck here, things aren`t looking good overall. Some areas yes, but many, no. 

• 3 weeks later...