10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Should I buy now at LEGO Shop at Home for double VIP points OR wait for a possible discounted price before EOL?

On a side note, doesn't look like TRS will be discounting these any time soon but the Vampyre Castle is supposed to go for $80 next Sunday.

It is very hard to find a discount on a Lego exclusive before EOL. I would get it now with the double VIP points.

I have two of these sets, one for build and one for investment.  I have no doubts that this set will skyrocket in price once it is EOL.  If you have the money and plan on buying one in the future I would do it now to get the double VIP points. You may also get the Lego Store minifigure, which you can make a profit from on Ebay or other selling avenues.  Just make sure you place the order online and you will get free shipping. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just built one of mine and it's on display in my lounge window lit with a red flashing LED bike light inside.  It's by far, the best build ever and I'm so impressed that I've got a friend to order another 5 for me from LEGO Shop at Home with double-VIP.  I'll probably have to sit on them for another 3-4 years but, still worthwhile assuming I'll double my money.  Since these are rarely discounted and inflated on Amazon, these are a winner IMHO.

I live in quite an affluent area so, I'll be hinting to well-heeled parents that accompany their kids that I have "one just like it" in a new box for

Seriously though, the B-wing is going out as we speak.  As soon as they disappear from Walmart and any other retailers they're EOL.  The Tower Bridge and the Haunted House will both be available through 12/2014, and possibly longer.  But 12/2014 as of right now on those 2 sets, so you have plenty of time to pick them up, and a lot less time to pick up the B-wings.

• Like 1

The market is beginning to forget that the B-Wing was ever discounted 50%, even if members here, who are much more informed about LEGO sales, haven't. I think even if you can't get the B-Wing for $99, anything below $165 is a pretty good deal at this point, as I think after retirement, its value will go through the roof. I think too many people are stocking up on HH's to make them worth as much as the B-Wing percentage wise, but this is just personal opinion. 

• Like 1

Buy 2 B-Wings now, then sell them in a year if you want to pickup 3-4 HHs which should still be available in stores. 10227s might be the only SW UCS set with a 1 yr or less retail life.

Me and my boy Jaisonline are gonna be walkin around with some serious "I told you so's" in a couple of years for all these non-Bwing people. lol

Seriously, the set is already gaining fast. Since Amazon was out, its up $35 in a few months. Im thinking about grabbing more from Walmart at $157 or whatever it is.

• Like 1