10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

Im not going to buy the set until i either see an amazing deal (i missed the first deal) or it is retired and i will snag it off amazon/ebay for near spot before the mania starts. I just have this fear that even after the theme is retired it will still be sitting on store shelves for many years to come.

Im not going to buy the set until i either see an amazing deal (i missed the first deal) or it is retired and i will snag it off amazon/ebay for near spot before the mania starts. I just have this fear that even after the theme is retired it will still be sitting on store shelves for many years to come.

It could - just make sure you don't get caught without some. You will regret it.

But I agree, if you can snag one for even just over retail right as it retires, you will be good still.

• Like 1

I thought emazers said this set was NOT on the list of sets that were going away by the end of the year. I could be wrong though.

as mentioned before, it is their flagship set for their monster fighters series, so that would make sense for them not to make it go EOL any time soon

True to a degree - but he was looking at a wholesale form which is generally a pretty good indication.

In that however he said he was not sure - not that it was.

The exclusives are not on the wholesale forms that mom and pop shops and smaller chains use. The ones that TRU, amazon, etc... use for ordering would have them though. ...or internal Lego memos.

It will be interesting to see what Lego has planned for Halloween stock and the catalog with Monster Fighters winding down. Will the Haunted House and the $16 seasonal set (witch, Zombie, & ghost) be the only available "spooky" items?

Yeah, I think it's hanging around still. But, honestly, who knows? I'm to the point now, where I've stopped trying to guess what LEGO is thinking. If I see a good deal, I buy. If I don't see a deal, but I want it (either to be safe of just to get it over with), I buy. Luckily, I got a couple during the May 30th bonanza, so I haven't really been paying that much attention to this set any longer.

Finding this set on sale is not easy. There are just a few options:

- Track down a lego store 10 or 20% off coupon

- Wait for the next "double VIP" pojnt promo and buy it then to essentially get 10% off

- Keep a sharp eye on TRU's ebay store (especially Sat night to Sun) to see if they screw up and allow the "Hard to find" items into their BOGO 50% and buy them before they correct it

-Keep a sharp eye on Amazon and see if they screw up likethey did on May 30th.

I don't think its discontinued, it wouldn't hang around all year just to EOL a few months before Halloween..... Doesn't make sense.

Agreed.  It seemed strange to me, but I specifically asked her again just to confirm.  "So is the Haunted House really gone forever?"  And the rep responded, "yes, unfortunately.  sorry about that."  

I did inquire about a different set that was out of stock and she said the other set would come back in stock at a later date.

By the way, this conversation was through TRU chat.  Not phone or email.   

I wouldn't put much stock into a TRU online chat employee. I was wonderingif the HH might go with the rest of the MF theme. But since it's still around, I'm guessing it won't eol until next year sometime, or maybe later. Lego seems reluctant to retire big sets these days. (how many UCS and modulars are currently available?) The HH was just introduced last Sept., so a 2 year lifespan would put it eol Sep 2014. But it probably still wouldn't retire right before Halloween, so it might be around until christmas 2014. Look at it this way: just more oppurtunity to pick them up for a decent price.