10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I am with emazers on this one.   This is a fantastic set.  In my own personal opinion, there is no way this one will be an under performer in way.  Everything about it is just incredible.  Good piece count, great design, great minifigs, etc. I wish I had the funds to buy 26 of them  :D

• Like 1

I am with emazers on this one.   This is a fantastic set.  In my own personal opinion, there is no way this one will be an under performer in way.  Everything about it is just incredible.  Good piece count, great design, great minifigs, etc. I wish I had the funds to buy 26 of them  :D

BUy 26 and will be my hero 

All i am saying about buying More haunted Houses is you are right who know's when it will retire, but if you have the money to get a few now and then you should, along with a Tower bridge now and then, The batman Arkham Asylum, and the way people talk on here most people don't have any Death Stars. I think when the Retiring soon goes up on the Death star and haunted House, the prices are going go on fire, massive panic buying will take off. And whoever does not have any or just a few of these are going to miss the boat. Most guys on here missed the Boat on the 10179, but you don't want to screw up not having the Death Star,SSDS,Haunted House, Batman Asylum, Helm's Deep, Vampire Castle, Ninjango 9450, falcon 7965, Vokswagen 10220, I have thousands of dollars invested in these. If you are saving money each month I would buy some of the  Lego above. I just can't believe anybody on this site does not think the Haunted House and Batman Ayslum will not be a big big Winner, everybody loves Vampires and Monsters, and just look at the $79.99 TRU & Lego Exclusive  older Batman Asylum, $500 and up and the new one is way bigger and better. Along with the other sets, The Ninjango 2507 from last year, check ebay now, the 9450 Epic battle will be big next year. last October,November I was on this site telling everybody to get these sets are you will miss the boat. 2507, Black Pearl, Queens Revenge, Potter Castle, 10217 Alley, And last May 4th the Imperial Shuttle was $207 at Lego, looks like not to many people got them, You can't wait for over to hope prices fall 50% or more. Now if you live pay check to pay check well thats different, but if you can afford to buy something now and then you should do it, And I don't mean spend $500 on $10-$20-$30 sets, the big money to be made is from the sets above, and there are more but you can't buy them all.   Ed

• Like 5

All i am saying about buying More haunted Houses is you are right who know's when it will retire, but if you have the money to get a few now and then you should, along with a Tower bridge now and then, The batman Arkham Asylum, and the way people talk on here most people don't have any Death Stars. I think when the Retiring soon goes up on the Death star and haunted House, the prices are going go on fire, massive panic buying will take off. And whoever does not have any or just a few of these are going to miss the boat. Most guys on here missed the Boat on the 10179, but you don't want to screw up not having the Death Star,SSDS,Haunted House, Batman Asylum, Helm's Deep, Vampire Castle, Ninjango 9450, falcon 7965, Vokswagen 10220, I have thousands of dollars invested in these. If you are saving money each month I would buy some of the  Lego above. I just can't believe anybody on this site does not think the Haunted House and Batman Ayslum will not be a big big Winner, everybody loves Vampires and Monsters, and just look at the $79.99 TRU & Lego Exclusive  older Batman Asylum, $500 and up and the new one is way bigger and better. Along with the other sets, The Ninjango 2507 from last year, check ebay now, the 9450 Epic battle will be big next year. last October,November I was on this site telling everybody to get these sets are you will miss the boat. 2507, Black Pearl, Queens Revenge, Potter Castle, 10217 Alley, And last May 4th the Imperial Shuttle was $207 at Lego, looks like not to many people got them, You can't wait for over to hope prices fall 50% or more. Now if you live pay check to pay check well thats different, but if you can afford to buy something now and then you should do it, And I don't mean spend $500 on $10-$20-$30 sets, the big money to be made is from the sets above, and there are more but you can't buy them all.   Ed

i competely agree with ed with the addition of the 10127 b-wing.  note: the VW T1 is onsale now at Amazon ($107).

• Like 1

You're completely right, 007 ;)

If you are a big investor with a lot of capital then picking some up whenever you see them on sale is a good idea.  It's about avoiding the limit on quantities that most sales have.  If you can only afford to have one or two then you need to predict the best time to pull the trigger based on estimated time to EOL and the depth of the discount being offered.

Thanks for posting the VW!  I went to look at it, bought 2--then said what the hell-and got another HH.  WTF~   My wife is going to blow up when she sees this. I refuse to deal with Ebay or Craigslist--so not sure how I intend to sell these in a few years.

1.  Buy a lot of legos

2.  ?

3.  Profit

• Like 1

willy, this very site is planning to release a trading platform that could simplify the process and have much lower fees.

emazers, I believe everything you say but I just wish I knew how rare these sets were going to be EOL versus ones that went EOL in the last few years.

The sets I mention above will always be available once they are retired, there are always about 100 or more Black Pearls, Queen Revenge, The Potter Castle's, 10217 Alley, 10212 Shuttle. last year at this time there were plenty of these at retail and lower, and look at them now, and with all the sets I listed will be the same thing once they retire, see whats 100 or so listings of say the Harry Potter 4842 Castle set with billions of people in the world. There will always be someone who wants one and pay big bucks for one, thats just the way it is. I just don't understand how anybody would think the Haunted House would not be a big money investment. See for some reason it seems like most people don't want the set until its Retiring soon, or retired. I am still kicking myself for not buying 100 Black Pearls from Costco for $50 a year and half ago, I only got 50 of them, And thats the way alot of you guys say to yourself now about sets you should of gotten or should you get more of the sets out now.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the VW!  I went to look at it, bought 2--then said what the hell-and got another HH.  WTF~   My wife is going to blow up when she sees this. I refuse to deal with Ebay or Craigslist--so not sure how I intend to sell these in a few years.

1.  Buy a lot of legos

2.  ?

3.  Profit

good thing you pulled the trigger today, price went back up ... i missed the boat because i hesitated ... now i have to wait and pray ...

emazers, you show a good point that i believe in ... wish i had more cash !!!

I have waited on the Haunted House for the most part.  I bought 2 at a discount from LEGO during the Black Friday's specials and another two today.  I agree with emazers about all of his choices, but I really hate paying retail for any set.  Today I bought two HHs and two VW Campers as a hedge in case of a quick EOL.  I am still hoping for a better sale in the future to purchase more.

Ed---Do you remember what the price was at Black Friday?  What are the deals like around Balck Friday/cyber Monday at Lego?

10% off $150...Free Shipping...Free Holiday set(3300014)

So, was it 135+tax? Holy cow that's an awesome deal. Please please please let this set last till Black Friday.

So, was it 135+tax? Holy cow that's an awesome deal. Please please please let this set last till Black Friday.

I think ed means that if you spent 150 you got ten percent off of your entire order, plus free shipping plus the free holiday set. the haunted house wasn't 150

I think ed means that if you spent 150 you got ten percent off of your entire order, plus free shipping plus the free holiday set. the haunted house wasn't 150

Ah, okay. Well that's basically the same deal we can get now. But last Black Friday the set was brand new. This Black Friday, it will be over a year old, so maybe we'll see some better deals. Just hoping Lego doesn't get clever and quietly retire it alongside the rest of the theme.

I am still kicking myself for not buying 100 Black Pearls from Costco for $50 a year and half ago, I only got 50 of them, And thats the way alot of you guys say to yourself now about sets you should of gotten or should you get more of the sets out now.

That's awesome.  Does Costco have a lot of those deals?  We are Sam's members.

After I built the Haunted House I knew it was a home run.  Everyone who has come to my house loves it.  Just wish I could get a bunch for 150.

My concern is this set will be available at retail for 2+ years, long after the rest of the Monster Fighters line has vanished. Every dollar I tie up in one of these is a dollar less I can invest in a Vampyre Castle (right now I can get roughly 2 1/2 for every HH, which I feel is a superior investment). There are also numerous other sets I believe will be strong performers in EOL, which again will have dollars allocated away from them and tied up in this large set which may take years to see retirement.

For what it's worth, I stopped into my local LEGO store to pick up the small MF pack with the witch/zombie/ghost at 20% off and noticed they separated the HH from the rest of the MF sets. The HH is now on a separate wall mixed in with all the modulars and didn't seem to be part of the 20% off deal. They had zero V.Castles left.