10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I would totally get one, if I didn't already have 4 and I snagged a UCS X-Wing with this deal earlier in the week.

Today has been B-wing week for me. I found two on Ebay for $120 that were just damaged box. Plus this deal. I have 9 now I think?

I got them for 99, 99, 105, 120, 135, 130, 120, 120, 150 -ywing. Hopefully building up a nice return. Running out of space for the huge biox though

Me and my boy Jaisonline are gonna be walkin around with some serious "I told you so's" in a couple of years for all these non-Bwing people. lol

Seriously, the set is already gaining fast. Since Amazon was out, its up $35 in a few months. Im thinking about grabbing more from Walmart at $157 or whatever it is.

I'm sticking by my position on the other side.  Possibly the ugliest classic Star Wars ship and has stability issues.  But we've had this debate a million times.

Yeah, donotinsert, and there was a reason they sold them for 99.  I expect it to rise above 200 after retirement, but I'd be surprised if it doubled quickly or ever.  The Imperial Shuttle hasn't even doubled yet and it's way cooler.

I can see that. This one was on the market for half the amount of time though, or even less than that.

• Like 1

Me and my boy Jaisonline are gonna be walkin around with some serious "I told you so's" in a couple of years for all these non-Bwing people. lol

Seriously, the set is already gaining fast. Since Amazon was out, its up $35 in a few months. Im thinking about grabbing more from Walmart at $157 or whatever it is.

The market is beginning to forget that the B-Wing was ever discounted 50%, even if members here, who are much more informed about LEGO sales, haven't. I think even if you can't get the B-Wing for $99, anything below $165 is a pretty good deal at this point, as I think after retirement, its value will go through the roof. I think too many people are stocking up on HH's to make them worth as much as the B-Wing percentage wise, but this is just personal opinion. 

ha ha. between this, orc forge, and the zombies (plus other MF sets), i pretty much threw everything into them except the wife, kids, and house.  i honestly have no more storage space in my house.  the wife is going nuts.

to me, stocking up on 10227s is a no-brainer (like the Shuttle last yr) if the retail life is 12-14 months or less.  people need to stop talking about the original retail price, $99 sale, etc...

in summary, all we need to know is...

- the retail price was set too high (we know the reasons why) so people avoided it.

- there hasn't been a UCS Star Wars ever produced with a short life-span. note: lego's new norm seems to be 2+ year lifespans.

- once built, the ship is huge and highly detailed.  so it displays nice.

- it is still flying under the radar at $150ish while supply is drying up.

- it is Star Wars and we have a new movie coming in 2015

Now the Haunted House is a GREAT set.  I own 5 or so.  However, there is nothing hinting to anyone that it will be discontinued this yr (e.g. lego.com being out of stock for weeks).  Hence I suggest waiting for the next sale to buy more if needed.

$149 was a solid deal.  Assuming one still qualified for the 10% off, plus the Y-Wing, puts it about on par w/ the May 4th price at $99, Free Han, and VIP points.  Maybe not quite as good, but pretty darn close.

Not quite as good but close. You can get 35-40 out of the Y-wing, so its around the $110 range after all is said and done.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the Retiring Soon sign at the Lego Store for the Haunted House.  I take it with a grain of salt from what Lego employee said it's going along with the whole Monster FIghters line.  Did anyone else see that at your other locations?

Not sure. Rumours have suggested that it will be around until end of 2014. Others suggested retirement this year, so who knows. Was it specifically placed by the HH, or just in the vicinity of the MF line, and the HH happened to be on the shelf near it?