Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

I just called my local Toys "R" Us and asked if they would sell the remaining sets starting Sunday or if they would be continuing to offer them as a promotional with purchase until they are gone. They advised me that they believe that after this week they will no longer be available and they will be returning them to Lego as they were provided by Lego for the promotion period. Wow if true. I'm holding the four remaining sets I have

The few i asked here said they will be selling any leftovers after the first. So basically each TRU will do what they want. Have heard so many different variations on the policy this last month even within the same store and on different days. I would just keep going and checking if you want them. Sold 11 more sets for $105-110 the last 2 days.

The few i asked here said they will be selling any leftovers after the first. So basically each TRU will do what they want. Have heard so many different variations on the policy this last month even within the same store and on different days. I would just keep going and checking if you want them. Sold 11 more sets for $105-110 the last 2 days.

Just giving them away!! We all need to pull together and list them for 160 a set in late nov/dec! I'm in trouble though! I don't have enough theaters! Maybe I will try and check out ebay and buy any I see for 20$ and under

No not at all. Goal was 76 sets. Sell half early and keep rest. Still averaging 118 with what i sold early. Also sold some solos for 30 to 40 early on. As much as i like them i am always careful and sell some early to offset costs. 300 of these is still 6k value cost and to realize the discount you need to sell them also. I built up 60 sw advents so now into those at 27.50 vs 40. Will realize more profit later. Basically selling the ones where i purchased something to get it "free". The ones i bought at 4 with 5 free i will save so i know my cost is 70 a set.

I should have extra theater and pizza if you come up with pizza or town hall i can trade some

Yea true. I'm lucky that I didn't have to load up on so much stuff and I could buy them outright. I did get quite a few batcaves and sw advent so I'm happy with those.

Okay I will let you know Sunday what I come across. I should have extra town halls

Yea true. I'm lucky that I didn't have to load up on so much stuff and I could buy them outright. I did get quite a few batcaves and sw advent so I'm happy with those.

Okay I will let you know Sunday what I come across. I should have extra town halls

perfect sounds good.  I'll be doing my last weekend run around the area and will see what else is out there.  

I was able to swap some of the older sets for the town hall today. Completed 19 sets. Had the cashier check the stock in southeast stores. Only boonies 1.5 hours out had some. Some stock appears phantom so call ahead before embarking on an excursion. They will not hold them anywhere....

There stock is pretty messed up on regular items they carry so I could imagine promos are even more out of whack.  Said there were no 3185 Riding Camps left and found 4 more last weekend yet it showed sold out at all the stores.  Kind of hit or miss so if you want them just check to be sure.  

My closest one said no fire stations left and it showed 0 stock on Sunday,  then had 13 extra when I went Tues or Weds.  

Oh boy might be trouble if anyone looking up but the sets tomorrow at least in my area. Was just told by manager who had always sold them that they were told they can't sell them anymore even when promotion is done. That's 1 of 3 stores in my city hopefully will get lucky with the one in super ghetto area that were selling them a week early etc. this might help to drive up the price of these complete sets if this is nationwide and all stores follow the rules

Oh boy might be trouble if anyone looking up but the sets tomorrow at least in my area. Was just told by manager who had always sold them that they were told they can't sell them anymore even when promotion is done. That's 1 of 3 stores in my city hopefully will get lucky with the one in super ghetto area that were selling them a week early etc. this might help to drive up the price of these complete sets if this is nationwide and all stores follow the rules

Unfortunately I concur.  1 sold out, 1 had 2 at 5pm, and the other said sold all the town hall and still had the fire stations they said I could buy today from last Sunday and now said the same thing you just posted.  I asked and he said they didn't know if they were sending them back or saving for another promotion coming up shortly  They hadn't been given that information but were specifically told not to sell them.  

Unfortunately I concur.  1 sold out, 1 had 2 at 5pm, and the other said sold all the town hall and still had the fire stations they said I could buy today from last Sunday and now said the same thing you just posted.  I asked and he said they didn't know if they were sending them back or saving for another promotion coming up shortly  They hadn't been given that information but were specifically told not to sell them.  

Regardless, if you got some, this only makes them more rare.

Well I was able to get 10 tonight at another store in FL.  I used to live there so had a friend run by.  They had told me to call today at 5 so I did and manager said he had 18.  By the time my friend go there they had 10 and sold them to him.

The other FL store that had sold me close to 50 the first 2 weeks then only 6 last week said they ran out on TH. Kind of strange seeing they were so readily left over after the first 2 weeks but who knows.

The only way to know for sure is to go by each store.  Calling is hit or miss and even if they said they won't sell them doesn't mean they won't. They change there mind daily, sometimes shift by shift.

• Like 1

Regardless, if you got some, this only makes them more rare.

Yeah definitely agree.  If this last one is giving people this much trouble across the board the sets will do well.  When I first started this I was just planning on doing 10 sets.  I happened to be traveling in Nashville the first weekend and Florida the second so hit a few big scores and said what the heck I'll go for the highest number i hit.  So 75 became my goal.  Worked out for the first 3 weeks for the most part.  The fire station was definitely tougher though and Town Hall I just got lazy and stopped buying as much  of the $75 deals during the week with the hopes of leftovers.  That decision appears to have been the wrong one.  Pretty burnt out on TRU runs from this month LOL!

That should raise the prices of these sets so hopefully that's true. I'm going to check around tomorrow then give an update with how it went

Agreed will firm up the set prices nicely if true.  We'll see in the coming week.

When I started I just wanted a few sets too. 250+ units later, I only have enough left to fulfill customers demand for maybe 2 days.

P.S. I was able to pickup another 65 tonight, but they really had to pull some strings and hope they didn't get in trouble.

Edited by imirish11

Yea I just hit one of my favorites in my city and they were ready to sell me th but they only had 3 left. I guess it was the most popular one or everyone didnt want to risk not getting it so they were buying Legos for 75$ to get one early

its really hard to tell.  I think the rules just kept changing further along too which made some stores scared to sell them which cut down the extras.  No one knows how many were sold by accident in subsequent weeks also.  I don't see why the production would be different for a set but it sure does seem the access for the last two were different and got progressively harder to obtain.