Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

Everything in moderation.  I cannot fault buyers who are able to buy 20, 30 or more of these sets.  It's the fault of the individual store manager to not implement the promo properly.  That being said, buying behaviors such as this will cause a retailer like TRU to stop promos to avoid future aggravation and headaches with other consumers.  

The excessive one time buying of sets like this brings way too much negative attention to the entire LEGO reseller and investment community. Even though it might be a nice short term score, buying practices like this will only hurt us all in the long run.

I agree with this. However, now that the promo is over, the market is flooded as stores begin to put these sets out for purchase. In a way i think it is maddening that they make you wait a month and spend basically 300 to get one of each set, now they are being put out to buy individually. Makes people like me feel stupid.

I agree with this. However, now that the promo is over, the market is flooded as stores begin to put these sets out for purchase. In a way i think it is maddening that they make you wait a month and spend basically 300 to get one of each set, now they are being put out to buy individually. Makes people like me feel stupid.

I just bought some for the first time and I feel stupid for doing that.  Was used to using my 20% coupon, stacked with 10% Thur + GC discount THEN get the bricktober set for free!  Even though it wasn't as easy to hoard a ton of sets that way it sure was an awesome deal.  

Stopped at my other TRU this morning and bought the remaining Bricktober sets, not many, but it will help rounding out the sets I have.  The staff there said they were told to push them to the floor, make shelf tags for them, and get rid of them.

i think once folks are done selling these for 20-25 each they'll jump to 40-50 each.

I assume those doing this had a buy in of around $15-17 each (buy 4 get 1 free), and then perhaps 10% off for CC and maybe another 10% for gift cards.

Many others were happy to knock ~ 20 bucks off say a batcave or other $75 - 80 set.

Consider that these are associated with "modulars" and they were available for a few WEEKS only. The MiniModulars set was available for years, and it appreciated nicely once gone. Also, there has never been a bricktober set remotely as cool and collectible as these. The 5 minifigure sets from previous years were 'neat', but they weren't modulars. Now consider. WHAT IF THEY DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR. If these are merely series 1 of an on-going new scale of modulars for holiday give-aways? These become huge.

Or these will be one-shot wonders, and linger on shelves for 1-2 years at 19.99 each and completely limit any possible growth :)

Place your bets gentlemen :) (and ladies)

i think once folks are done selling these for 20-25 each they'll jump to 40-50 each.

I assume those doing this had a buy in of around $15-17 each (buy 4 get 1 free), and then perhaps 10% off for CC and maybe another 10% for gift cards.

Many others were happy to knock ~ 20 bucks off say a batcave or other $75 - 80 set.

Consider that these are associated with "modulars" and they were available for a few WEEKS only. The MiniModulars set was available for years, and it appreciated nicely once gone. Also, there has never been a bricktober set remotely as cool and collectible as these. The 5 minifigure sets from previous years were 'neat', but they weren't modulars. Now consider. WHAT IF THEY DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR. If these are merely series 1 of an on-going new scale of modulars for holiday give-aways? These become huge.

Or these will be one-shot wonders, and linger on shelves for 1-2 years at 19.99 each and completely limit any possible growth :)

Place your bets gentlemen :) (and ladies)

Depends how long they linger in the stores.  Seems to be very small regional areas that still have them.  Lots of them are being exported as most buyers are like the Tumbler were and are shipping to OR and CA with the forwarding box addresses.  (Seems 3/4 of my LEGO sales go to OR now)

Lots of 10ct set lots going for $1000 so if you did the buy option you're making $300 which is not bad.    Individual sets seem to be consistent at 110-120 with the occasional people just blowing them out at 100. 

I've sold about 1/4 of them already and plan to sell about 1/4 more over the next month or so and see where they are at by the beginning of Dec.  If they appreciated some will sell another 1/4 and leave a 1/4 for down the road.  

They are pretty cool of a build although very small and like I stated before the pieces wasted on the vehicles would of been better put into the buildings.  I just put my cars back in the box and display the set on my desk as the cars look like cheap accesory toys.  Kids seem to really like the Pizza Palace.  Both my daughter and my friends son want to build those.

I'm staring at 76 with 11 complete sets. A lot of money to spend as in almost $1600. Walking around nervously! Someone talk me into it!

I recommend you buy the 11 complete sets and skip the singles.

This thing could go higher but it could also tank after the holidays.

Buying the 11 complete is medium risk aversion.

I needed 3 pizza palaces to complete my sets, had no problem finding them for $25 on ebay to buy.  Figure it is worth the 5 extra bucks instead of hunting them down.  I don't want to sell sets at $115, I'm gambling they will go up from here although it sounds like there are tons sitting out on shelves at TRUs around the country now. 

• Like 1

In buying 11 complete sets I asked them if they would discount them a bit or could I get some free polybags thrown in. Got a blank look from employees and moved on.

Complete sets on eBay starting to move up a bit. Just waiting now for the masses to clear out.

Not sure how they are clearing out when there are 350+ listings.