Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

I think its nuts to have 500 of these sets. That's 10,000 invested??? I can't imagine the upside being too good. I think whatever money to be made has been. I have 5 sets and I think that's too much. I'd rather put that kind of money elsewhere. For promos like this there is no guarantee that they will go up once the hype dies down.

I think its nuts to have 500 of these sets. That's 10,000 invested??? I can't imagine the upside being too good. I think whatever money to be made has been. I have 5 sets and I think that's too much. I'd rather put that kind of money elsewhere. For promos like this there is no guarantee that they will go up once the hype dies down.

What would you invest in lego wise with 10,000$?

Hahahaha...I'm laughing only because I just sold another set while I was reading your post.

There crazy good sellers. Low cost easy to store and sell quick. Not a huge moneymaker but as long as its profitable i do not care. Thats another good thing about the site. It opens your eyes to everything out there.

Hahahaha...I'm laughing only because I just sold another set while I was reading your post.

There crazy good sellers. Low cost easy to store and sell quick. Not a huge moneymaker but as long as its profitable i do not care. Thats another good thing about the site. It opens your eyes to everything out there.

What series are you guys selling that are selling so much? I can understand series 1 and maybe series 2 but no way series 3?

What series are you guys selling that are selling so much? I can understand series 1 and maybe series 2 but no way series 3?

Bunch of sets of series 1. Some people stacked up on them. Which was pretty smart.

Yep, Series 1.  I picked up a couple sets back in the summer, before they disappeared.  Then, as they were disappearing from the stores (at least here in SoCal), I started picking up as many as I could, because I saw them going up up up.  Fortunately, I have family spread out enough that I was able to secure quite a few sets.

I don't believe these sets are going to do well in the long run.  

The resellers have loaded up on them, thus pumping up enough supply to more than satisfy any (limited) future demands.  There are plenty of these sets left on the shelves.  The TRU stores that don't have left over, I suspect the investors have cleaned out.  So I question the future demands of these sets.

Not sure there will be demand. They didn't sell very well as a promo, and that's why there were so many leftovers. Everyone who has them has the same strategy: wait for the loose ones to sell, then sell complete sets. The only problem is that nobody really wants them. I regret buying the ones that I have. Money would have been better spent in something like R2.

out of curiosity: what is the scale comparison to 10230? I don't have any of that set, is it comparable, or much smaller?

Edited by labfreak7