Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

I don't believe these sets are going to do well in the long run.

The resellers have loaded up on them, thus pumping up enough supply to more than satisfy any (limited) future demands. There are plenty of these sets left on the shelves. The TRU stores that don't have left over, I suspect the investors have cleaned out. So I question the future demands of these sets.

....you will get lots of demand from asia region, they all love tiny minis of everything...sold tons of 10230 to Japan. Big time

My local TRU now have these on the shelf, worth picking up the set of four with the 15% off? Or not worth the investment and should go for the Bat Cave for note return over time?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Brickpicker mobile app

The 3 TRU that I go to also has at least 30 sets out for sale. I picked up the 3 missing modules I need for 1 set. That's all I am putting into these. Maybe if they start giving them away at like $5 each I will buy more.

The 3 TRU that I go to also has at least 30 sets out for sale. I picked up the 3 missing modules I need for 1 set. That's all I am putting into these. Maybe if they start giving them away at like $5 each I will buy more.

when you say 30 sets do you mean 30 complete sets of 4 or 30 random loose remaining individual sets.  Big difference.  

If sets of 4 its an easy sale for $110 so not bad at all. With coupons, rewards, and other incentives you can get into the set for under $70.   Clear about $20 a set and you can do 5 set lots and clear $100 per lot.  Good options there if you don't believe in them long term.

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

My local TRU now have these on the shelf, worth picking up the set of four with the 15% off? Or not worth the investment and should go for the Bat Cave for note return over time?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Brickpicker mobile app

Do a little of both. I think it's well worth it this Saturday...you get 10% off with credit card, 15% off with coupon, and then discounted gift cards, if you got any. I'm shooting for 10 complete sets, but only have 7 so far. Missing 3 theater and 1 fire station.

• 2 weeks later...

Should I grab some?

with the 15% off coupon and the thurs discounts you can make a little.  I had someone buy me out of both of those 2 sets (town hall and fire station seem to sell the best individually).

They go for about 25 shipped right now and if someone buys 5 or more at a time its worth it.  You could even do them in lots of 5 if you wanted.  Theres still a lot people trying to complete sets.  Not a ton of profit but money to be made and they sell quick.

Buy them all, complete the sets of 4 from ebay or BPers. Put them away for 7 years. Late November 2021 list them in a super bundle with Chopper Showdown, 2017 Holiday set 2/2, the hornet looking guy from Mixels Series 11 and a Tumbler. People will be going nuts for it.

I would hold out for 2018 Holiday 2/2, I hear 2017 is gonna be an off year

• 8 months later...

Reviving an old thread, but with a purpose.

The 2014 set was announced in early September. 

IF (if) there is a 2015 set, i foresee a nice short term opportunity for anyone with the inkling to try this out. Current sales are in the 79.99 to 99.99 range including shipping.

IF (if) there is a 2015 set, The 2014 set has to appreciate nicely. I've already made that bet with 10 sets myself. (and no i wasn't depriving poor kids of their promos, my stores just put the dang things right on the shelf 19.99 each). 

Is anyone else hanging in, hoping for 2014 to be the first in a series? Or have most of you given up already? Anyone willing to dive in now and potentially 50% (or more?) your $ in a few short months? Seems like a decent bet. Thought i'd share the idea.

From the rumors I've seen, there will be another 4 Bricktober sets. They should fit together nicely.

I was at one of my Toys R Us' today and they still have last years boxes on the shelves.

I can't believe they still have them out. Almost a year later? Mine had them out as late as the spring, but they are all gone now.

That's messed up. 

I was just so eager to get into this lego stuff and coming from someone who owned 3 comic book stores among 4 other stores of a different business and being in my 20s I talk to teenage customers all day. Our demographic is about 17-32 year olds. 

Nowadays I don't even care about the monthly builds. I didn't realize that it's basically something that's done monthly or every other month. I had just got into lego buying so I was just over eager to buy. Getting a group of 17 year olds to get me 40 sets is just like me talking to my customers. I realize a lot of people in this forum are 40 year olds that play with lego so that's a lot more weird. 

That's messed up. 

I was just so eager to get into this lego stuff and coming from someone who owned 3 comic book stores among 4 other stores of a different business and being in my 20s I talk to teenage customers all day. Our demographic is about 17-32 year olds. 

Nowadays I don't even care about the monthly builds. I didn't realize that it's basically something that's done monthly or every other month. I had just got into lego buying so I was just over eager to buy. Getting a group of 17 year olds to get me 40 sets is just like me talking to my customers. I realize a lot of people in this forum are 40 year olds that play with lego so that's a lot more weird. 

ha just messing with you

not quite 40 years olds would be more age appropriate though.  30's is stilll fine, 40's and up and you're talking founding fathers of LEGO

Ok you two, we get it... You're old. Quit making the rest of us feel old too!!

I swear I've seen a photo for new ones, can't find now

In one of those leaked set lists it had the names of four new bricktober sets but I can't remember what they were .. No photos though.

• Like 2