Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

Is that even allowed ?

On topic: I am not feeling these micro modulars at all for investment / resell purposes. I have been wrong before though

Me too. I was going to get one complete set, but f it. Not worth the hassle. And there is really nothing in TRU I want for $74. Especially 4 times. And these sets don't look to be worth $20 either. Complete rip off. But that's TRU isn't it?

I think you guys forget they don't make these for investors. The make them for customers. It's basically a free $10 set with purchase of $75, add in the $5 pumpkin and for consumers it's fine. Toss in %10 back on Thursdays and rewards dollars, and this is a nice little retail promo for the average consumer. 

They price them on the shelf at $20 SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT PEOPLE (like us) TO BUY THEM. Not because it's considered a "fair" price.

Personally, I would not buy four of them to get a 5th free, but if I am buying a Batcave or something else and get one of these thrown in, it's just fine.

Given the success of the mini modulars, I think these have some pretty good potential (better than the minifig collections), especially given they are free. I have no trouble seeing these little guys selling for $30 or so down the road.

I don't open and display a ton of sets due to space, but I think these look fun to have the set of 4 on your desk.  

I am not saying everyone should run out and buy them or go through hell and high water to acquire them, but I think some folks are looking at this through a skewed lens.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I don't know why but these promo sets look like they're from mega bloks or one of those chinese boot lego brands.  gladly pass both as investing/flip'****** and personal collection.

I think they're pretty cool and should do well. Want to build 10 sets and while I'd prefer to just buy 10 at $20 each I don't have a problem buying a batcave. I just look at it as 55 and 20. You wont lose on either of those items at that price. Luckily with the amount of TRU here I should be able to get the next 3 weeks worth as there is close to 30 batcaves between them. I think sets of 4 will do well.

Edited by ravenb99

I think they're pretty cool and should do well. Want to build 10 sets and while I'd prefer to just buy 10 at $20 each I don't have a problem buying a batcave. I just look at it as 55 and 20. You wont lose on either of those items at that price. Luckily with the amount of TRU here I should be able to get the next 3 weeks worth as there is close to 30 batcaves between them. I think sets of 4 will do well.

remember to check your batcave seals, TRU are notorious for putting returned/ravaged sets back on the shelf. i even pointed these out to the manager at the register, guess where they put it... back on the shelf

Posted in wrong forum but I just bought 10 from the last tru in town. Bought4 got 1 free and free pumpkin poly then bought another 4 got 1 free and pumpkin poly. Only tru left with any within a 300 mile radius is 1 that has 9 but they won't sell them outright but will sell them Sunday morning when new set starts so hopefully I can get those as well so I have over20. I think the hardest ones to get will be fire house and town hall as they actually look real good

Went to TRU today and purchased 75 dollars worth of stuff. After the clerk was about to hand me over the promo, he said he couldn't give it to me till the 15th. I don't understand why they put posters up for bricktober saying it starts October 5th.. Pretty much was a waste of gas.

Went to TRU today and purchased 75 dollars worth of stuff. After the clerk was about to hand me over the promo, he said he couldn't give it to me till the 15th. I don't understand why they put posters up for bricktober saying it starts October 5th.. Pretty much was a waste of gas.

You should of asked for a manager the promo started the 5th and its on all the aisles and in there little magazine etc

You should of asked for a manager the promo started the 5th and its on all the aisles and in there little magazine etc

Sad thing is he was the manager. And I told him that the poster right outside said it starts on the 5th. I didn't really want to have to argue over a promo so I just left.

TRU, you won this time..

Actually I will probably not ever go back. Maybe I'll just stick to exclusives at LEGO Shop at Home

Edited by Sahntoki

You should have had him show you on that paper why exactly it's not until the 15th. I would have made his dumbass try to explain it just for my sheer enjoyment. Then if he wouldn't do it I would just walk out and not buy anything. Nothing worth buying there without the promo or some discounts

Sad thing is he was the manager. And I told him that the poster right outside said it starts on the 5th. I didn't really want to have to argue over a promo so I just left.

TRU, you won this time..

Actually I will probably not ever go back. Maybe I'll just stick to exclusives at LEGO Shop at Home

Did he scan it? If so he probably scanned the Fire House and a prompt comes up on screen not to sell until 10/15.

Perhaps you bought one of the new Hobbit sets that was not supposed to be on sale until 10/15.  The alert was for the item, not the promo.  Having the promo started in the middle of the week is just silly.

I haven't been to a TRU yet that didn't have loads still so I'm guessing there will be lots available for sale on Sunday.  Do you guys think it is a better investment to get 4 of these and a freebie than a batcave, use 25% off and then either an arctic batman vs freeze set or 4 mixels and a freebie?

Asked today if I could get two of the promo sets if spending $150 on the crane today but no dice, worth a shot heh.

My TRU had next weeks promo on the shelf today, and when attempting to ring up, getting the same "do not sell til 10/15" error. I ASSUME it actually will be ok on 10/12, as the first promo was avail 10/5, who knows how their system is programmed.

The staff was pretty thoroughly confused, I just offered to get a the previous promo. I will say this, I went in on Monday, and there were about 20 promos, I went in today on Thursday, and there were 6. So I wouldn't count on these surviving throughout the week, though I would guess people will run out of money as the month goes on ;) so the later versions should be easier to find.

Also, for some reason the 25% off coupon didn't work for me on one purchase, but worked on the other at a different store for the same item. I am not sure if it is worth the headaches to to get it adjusted. 

I've already stated my opinion, personally I don't think these will end up being worth buying at $20. Even with the free one. I am guessing these will sell at $30 tops eventually. So even if you are buying 4, getting a 5th, you're spending about $15 a piece. I think you could get better margins on other items for investment purposes. Batcaves are an easy and safe target, but you can be creative and there are a couple other sets worthwhile, esp with the 25% coupon and 10% CC Thursday. I think a Batcave and a couple mixels are a more lucrative buy than 4 of the Bricktober sets.

Also of note, FUNHOUSES don't seem to be being restocked at the couple area TRUs I've visited. Finally could be on its way out. Still avail at TRU.com though. It also looked like some of the early 5 digit Superhero sets (Arctic Batman, Extremis Port, etc) were very thin on the shelves.

My TRU had next weeks promo on the shelf today, and when attempting to ring up, getting the same "do not sell til 10/15" error. I ASSUME it actually will be ok on 10/12, as the first promo was avail 10/5, who knows how their system is programmed.

The staff was pretty thoroughly confused, I just offered to get a the previous promo. I will say this, I went in on Monday, and there were about 20 promos, I went in today on Thursday, and there were 6. So I wouldn't count on these surviving throughout the week, though I would guess people will run out of money as the month goes on ;) so the later versions should be easier to find.

Also, for some reason the 25% off coupon didn't work for me on one purchase, but worked on the other at a different store for the same item. I am not sure if it is worth the headaches to to get it adjusted. 

I've already stated my opinion, personally I don't think these will end up being worth buying at $20. Even with the free one. I am guessing these will sell at $30 tops eventually. So even if you are buying 4, getting a 5th, you're spending about $15 a piece. I think you could get better margins on other items for investment purposes. Batcaves are an easy and safe target, but you can be creative and there are a couple other sets worthwhile, esp with the 25% coupon and 10% CC Thursday. I think a Batcave and a couple mixels are a more lucrative buy than 4 of the Bricktober sets.

Also of note, FUNHOUSES don't seem to be being restocked at the couple area TRUs I've visited. Finally could be on its way out. Still avail at TRU.com though. It also looked like some of the early 5 digit Superhero sets (Arctic Batman, Extremis Port, etc) were very thin on the shelves.

I personally feel different that I can get 160$ a set maybe more for the holidays but maybe I'm dead wrong. Worse that could go wrong is a missed opportunity on something else. I don't think I would lose. With that being said I've been purchasing batcaves since a lot of people seem to recommend it. Why do you feel it's a safe bet? I've just been going along with what people say on this item although I personally don't like the look of it