Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

My store had all sets except week two on the shelf...but they wouldn't let me pick which free set I wanted. I don't know why they have them on the shelf, they also won't sell them because when they scan it it says do not sell until whatever week. They are much smaller than I thought. My store had a ton of them!

I just sold 4 for $28 each + shipping.  I've been buying the more expensive sets with 25% off coupon and 10% off Thursdays and 8% credit card rewards plus free mini modular plus free pumpkin (can sell for $5 or so).  Effectively, buying a $109.99 set like the AT-AT with all these discounts and deals brings my cost well under $50.  Not sure why everyone is so hung up on bat caves when you can swing a deal like this instead (bat cave also a deal but you need to buy more stuff to reach $75 and if you aren't using the 25% and 10% off then its just a waste).

I have no interest in these, but the Theater is selling on ebay now for about $32 - 33 BuyItNow, shipped.  (I can't understand why people are paying that much for these, when they can get them at most TRU's for $20 + tax).

I went to TRU yesterday for the 9500 Sith Interceptors on clearance at $59.98. Bought 2, used $5 in rewards, got the Theater, and got the pumpkin. (Shouldv'e tried the 25% coupon, but I was in a hurry, and wouldv'e been fumbling with my phone for another 10 minutes). Came home, gave the pumpkin to my kid (made his day), put the Theater on ebay, at the lowest BuyItNow price, sold it, and put net $24 in my pocket. That brings my cost on the (retired) Sith Interceptors to about $49 each (sales tax included). Sweet! Thank you BP.

• Like 1

Traveling this weekend and hit up a TRU right before close. They had 50 theaters on shelf. Bought 10. If I thought I could get 2 3 and 4 easily at home I would of bought them all. Think the money will be in the sets and they are much tougher and stricter back home. Have 35 of theater now and that will be tough as it is.

That's lucky to see so much! I'm in small place so the most I will probably get is 20 of week 1 which is a shame. Where were you traveling? In Cali? I'm thinking of taking a trip to southern Cali to drive and hit a lot of places for 2 days

Live in Atlanta but last weekend was in Nashville for the start.  This week headed down to Florida.  Was able to get 12 in Nashville then picked up the remaining in *** and FL.  I could of bought all 50 and would of been up to 70-75 but I highly doubt finding that many to buy in Atlanta.  They were not letting me purchase additionals there until Sunday and they said if they made it through.   Probably could trade others down the road for the ones I was short so might buy more in the morning.  I just feel the sets will be the way to go on these.  People selling singles get much less than just putting with a 2nd or a complete set of 4.      

I completely agree! I'm trying to find more but I'm limited where I'm at so a road trip might be in order. I believe the sets could go for 160-200$ for nov and December. I actually might try to he onto 10-20 sets if I can for next year. If they do modulars every year from now it would be great to have the first complete sets

Yeah think holding some would be a good idea too.    Its nice that 3 of the 4 have a corresponding modular out there also.  Every area seems to be different on availability.  Some have had a ton and some not many at all.  Its been a very disorganized process and I'm hoping that will make the sets a little harder to complete as people will give up by week 3 and 4 (I've been at a few where I almost said don't worry about it from the time it took to find them).  Those 2 are likely the most popular as well.  I think with the popularity of modulars they will do well.  Either way very little risk as I got a lot of Interceptors at 59, a few more Technic copters at 69, Duplo Trains at 28 and Batcaves.  I'm fine with all those sets at those prices to begin with.  

Yea as long as you are getting items at a good price then they are a bonus. I've been scooping up all of the Star Wars advent calendars. 1 time the store let me buy all 10 of the theaters they actually had for sale so that was nice and got 2 free theaters and two free pumpkin poly. But it's true it's very random. I'm calling all the stores a state over. If its worth it and I can pick up 100 of them at 19.99$ and I buy 4 at a time meaning I get a free week two pizza and each transaction I get a pumpkin poly it will be worth the trip. All I know is tomorrow I only have 1 stop in my town to go to that has any left. Will try and go to another store though that sells them early and see if I can get a lot

Confirmed these are 5 sets to a case.

My TRU will no longer outright sell the current week promo. They said they got in trouble for selling the theater that way last week so you have to buy $75 in lego not including the current promo to get the set free. However they will sell you last weeks promo and if you buy 4 you will get a free pizza place.

They had plenty left from last week 3 cases at the main register and she said they have more in the office and in the back.

I am thinking we may see these on the shelf as a clearance item come January.

When I talked to the TRU store guy when I was in on Thursday, he said they only got 2 cases of Week 1, but had only sold enough in Lego for only a couple customers to even be eligible for the set, so he had no problem letting me get a couple as part of the deal. He then said that they were supposed to get 6 cases of the upcoming weeks and that they would probably be put on the shelves when they were done since he anticipated having a ton of them leftover.  I want to have a couple sets of them, but there's no way I'm buy these at $20 each.  If they clear them out, then maybe. 

I went to 6 TRUs yesterday in search of a Sith Infiltrator.  First one I went to some BPer looking guys beat me to it as they had one in their cart heh.  Then they saw me clean them out of blue mixels and one followed me over to check it out like they missed out on a score.

Anyway, point of my story is the last TRU I went to had 15 of the Bricktober Town Halls on the shelf!  Needless to say I grabbed them all and scanned one, it rang up as 19.95.  Was super stoked I was going to buy them all but upon checkout no dice, clerk wouldn't sell them to me but did let me have one instead of the theater at least.

• Like 1