Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

Not a deal but i want let everybody know TRU Corporate do not allow to sell promo Bricktobers sets any more, even one set....sucks. i was been told today by tru store manager.

I got some sets 4+1 free last 3 weeks...

Ouch, that hurts those people who hoarded the first 3. Now a complete set will be challenging for so much volume

I bought over 50 town halls from one location and more from others 5 minutes after they opened up on Sunday. They weren't suppose to sell them till sun nov 2 but no one knows the rules or pay attention. Just go to the store down the street and you will probably hear something different lol

Well I just completed my eight sets so I'm very happy now what to do with them and when to do it that's the big question will this get flooded in another week and so I should sell now or should I hold them for Christmas or for the long term not sure what I'm thinking at the moment

My crystal ball says $80 shipped for all 4 by this Thursday.

Well I just completed my eight sets so I'm very happy now what to do with them and when to do it that's the big question will this get flooded in another week and so I should sell now or should I hold them for Christmas or for the long term not sure what I'm thinking at the moment

I'm totally with you. Usually I have a plan or know what I'm doing with sets. These I really don't know...

Be pretty much just like a promo from LEGO (40106, Spacemen, Cooper etc.)  only in this instance it took 4 weeks for a full set but it worked the same way on the weekly ones.

They basically sold the highest right away (most new ones went for $30-40 at beginning of week) and by the weeks end were a lot lower ($23-30).  Now that sets are being completed more frequently they should drop quite a bit this week and then around holidays I would expect to see a spike.

Lots of people will dump this week so could easily see them around $100 by end of the week.  

Personally sold 3 more today at $120 so down a little from the $130-135 I had last week

Yea I don't see them going for 60$ by end of the week for a complete set like some were saying. Took 4 weeks as raven points out to put this together. I think the theaters might jump up a little in price in case people missed the first half of this promotion. I have zero worry about this investment. It was a lot of fun putting the sets together and hopefully they do it next year as well. If they do it next year though I wonder if tru will have their act together by then.

Finally decided to build one of these tonight. Like the building hate the cars. The marquee and glass below it reminds me a lot of the older style theaters. Pretty cool for a 2" set. Just wish they would of used all the pieces for the building instead. Will build the rest and put on my desk. Cool little set that won't take up much space

Finally decided to build one of these tonight. Like the building hate the cars. The marquee and glass below it reminds me a lot of the older style theaters. Pretty cool for a 2" set. Just wish they would of used all the pieces for the building instead. Will build the rest and put on my desk. Cool little set that won't take up much space

That's funny you mentioned that! It never crossed my mind once to build a set! But that's a good idea!

I stopped in at three TRU today while traveling and was told at all three they received communication from corporate to stop selling all minis. I could get 1 with purchase, but they had stacks behind the register and wouldn't let me buy the first two to finish my one set. Do you think they'll offer them for sale again? Maybe another promotion?

I stopped in at three TRU today while traveling and was told at all three they received communication from corporate to stop selling all minis. I could get 1 with purchase, but they had stacks behind the register and wouldn't let me buy the first two to finish my one set. Do you think they'll offer them for sale again? Maybe another promotion?

They'll hit the floor next week.  I'm waiting for a BOGO 50% to stock up.

• Like 1

They will probably also be available on the shelf here in Canada by next week also, a couple of the TRUs I visited said they had most of them still left - they were not all that popular & not much incentive for the $75 buy-in. basically they didn't match or pair well with anything in the range - thus not much interest.

Well I sold 4 bricktober sets I had posted for $115 each that cost me $64 each in under 24 hours.  The other 4 I will keep longer but a little concerned I did not want to be stuck with these things when the market gets flooded if it does.  Long term they may be worth a good amount hence keeping some but TH, AA and R2 will perform much better for my $ in my opinion.

• Like 1

They will probably also be available on the shelf here in Canada by next week also, a couple of the TRUs I visited said they had most of them still left - they were not all that popular & not much incentive for the $75 buy-in. basically they didn't match or pair well with anything in the range - thus not much interest.

Not sure where you are located, but my TRU (Windsor, ON) sold out each week. The Town Hall was sold out by the following day (following that Moonlight Madness promotion) and they didn't have any Rocket Raccoon polys, either. Sometimes I wish I lived in a more rural area where people didn't buy so many Legos!

Not sure where you are located, but my TRU (Windsor, ON) sold out each week. The Town Hall was sold out by the following day (following that Moonlight Madness promotion) and they didn't have any Rocket Raccoon polys, either. Sometimes I wish I lived in a more rural area where people didn't buy so many Legos!

There's 5 natural TRUs in the Ottawa area this year (& a couple expresses - but who bothers with them). 2 of the stores are brand new & one of these is soo far out in the boonies few know it's even there (swear the paint is still wet).  Only the Kanata location was out of Raccoons by the third day - the others I asked at had to go looking for them as none of the cashers had even opened the TLG boxes yet by Saturday.  on Sunday at one I was given the choice of any of the 4 minis since they had several left.  3 stores gave you both the raccoon and the mini together for a $75 purchase (the others said that wasn't allowed - one gave the additional poly anyway since it wasn't clear if you could double up or not).   Last year the promo polybags were piled on an endcap for 5.99 I'd suspect the similar for the minis if they are still around (there was apparently 30 per store) 

There's 5 natural TRUs in the Ottawa area this year (& a couple expresses - but who bothers with them). 2 of the stores are brand new & one of these is soo far out in the boonies few know it's even there (swear the paint is still wet).  Only the Kanata location was out of Raccoons by the third day - the others I asked at had to go looking for them as none of the cashers had even opened the TLG boxes yet by Saturday.  on Sunday at one I was given the choice of any of the 4 minis since they had several left.  3 stores gave you both the raccoon and the mini together for a $75 purchase (the others said that wasn't allowed - one gave the additional poly anyway since it wasn't clear if you could double up or not).   Last year the promo polybags were piled on an endcap for 5.99 I'd suspect the similar for the minis if they are still around (there was apparently 30 per store) 

Since I sold all my Rocket Racoons for about $25 USD on average, I'd kill for the chance to have multiple TRUs to grab promos from. A few times a year, TRU in Canada has really sweet deals.

Since I sold all my Rocket Racoons for about $25 USD on average, I'd kill for the chance to have multiple TRUs to grab promos from. A few times a year, TRU in Canada has really sweet deals.

Sweet deals aren't very often really, but for the sets above the $75 range, the promo resells can be just enough to offset the cost of those sets you are on the fence about & want to just have & build but not really in the investment class.  It's much cheaper to invade the US & covertly pull their supplies back across the border than shop at Canadian TRUs.  :secret: