10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Here is my thought on the R2-D2 Droid, don't wait to the last minute like alot of you are doing, buy one now and then so when it does get ready to retire the panic buying starts, now I am pretty sure it will be around another year or so, and why would anybody think that this will not be a big winner, the guys who think it won't be and are not buying any now will be the panic buyers when it does get ready to retire. Now I have 24 now, and will have 30-40 by next year. On the 24 I have I paid $134 for 4 of them from Amazon, and the rest from Barnes and Noble for $127 with 30% Kids Coupons and 10% Membership. "And I will be boxing these up in a week or two. So don't wait to the last minute. Ed

ohlpnl.jpg

• Like 8

Cool set up Ed

As someone who has built R2, this is a definite winner - people will want this set and there are always new people (with money) being lured into the world of Lego and it happens that many are also Star Wars fans.  As an example, I brought my R2 to work and a co-worker didn't know that such sets exist and he wants one now.

Here is my thought on the R2-D2 Droid, don't wait to the last minute like alot of you are doing, buy one now and then so when it does get ready to retire the panic buying starts, now I am pretty sure it will be around another year or so, and why would anybody think that this will not be a big winner, the guys who think it won't be and are not buying any now will be the panic buyers when it does get ready to retire. Now I have 24 now, and will have 30-40 by next year. On the 24 I have I paid $134 for 4 of them from Amazon, and the rest from Barnes and Noble for $127 with 30% Kids Coupons and 10% Membership. "And I will be boxing these up in a week or two. So don't wait to the last minute. Ed

ohlpnl.jpg

Getting a little behind in your packaging Ed...LOL

Stocking up too many if a person only wants one or two might be a bit too early to do any panic buying. If the SSD is any indicator, R2 will do about the same. TOOS, back in stock, back and forth. Just wait for a nice polybag and buy it off Lego when the timing is right. Just like now, hit the buy button on the DS and get yourself a mini.

Next year, it could be R2 lumped in with a miniature Lamborghini or some Harley Davidson minifig. If you're looking to stockpile, just hit the buy button on target, Walmart and amazon. They keep on popping up two to three times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I was reading some of the stuff that Supraboy posted on the Bwing and Fire brigade. He was spot on and look what's going on with the Bwing now. He's right in calling it junk. What I disagree with is bring stuff back without declaring. His tactic of posting his lego sets in the company is pretty good. I'm going to check the limit in terms of bring stuff up to Canada on my next visit.

Too bad he's gone. I wonder if he'd call this set garbage. I have a few of these and wish it would discontinue but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

I think it would be cool if they decide to make a C3P0 set. Put that next to R2 and I will build it, put glue all over and stick it on my front lawn as statues.

I'm not gone.  Just in lurk mode.  Couldn't keep quiet any longer.  R2D2 is a pile of crap.  I'm not even into Legos as much as I once was.  I am collecting and playing with Barbie Dolls now.  Higher ROI.

I'm not gone. Just in lurk mode. Couldn't keep quiet any longer. R2D2 is a pile of crap. I'm not even into Legos as much as I once was. I am collecting and playing with Barbie Dolls now. Higher ROI.

Never talked to you before but maybe you can go flip some pancakes while you're at it.