10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

The only way Revan will be the same value as last year's Han is if they produce way more Revans and include him with other promos. A truly unique character doesn't compare to a common character with a hood on.

as a contrary opinion, many star wars fans don't know who Darth Rivan is, nor do they care about him. Are there enough expanded universe fans to carry the price?

I'd pass on the R2's for this month.  They'll still be around next year and many current exclusives wont.  I don't want to be a double VIP points basher but there are many exclusives you can get for deeper discounts from other places.  I picked up 21 R2's for under $110 each so double VIP points mean nothing to me in that scenario. I'm going to buy one GE and as many VW's as I can get my hands on.  I'm hoping by August I'll have enough capital to pick up a few Haunted Houses and more GE's.  I don't own any DS's but I located one on the way to a wedding I'm going to in a few weeks.  I'll be able to pick that up for $224 and a couple of Robie's for $110 if they are still there.

I picked up a lightly used one (w/ box ****** instruction) for $75 a couple days ago. imo with some of the bags open you'll probably get closer to used price than new, so I wouldn't pay more than $100. If people weren't getting them for cheap from BnN I think it would be easier to justify.

r2d2 can be found with some regularity at bn where you can get a better deal than this probably six times a year and for sure the day you sign up.

when you sign up include your kids for the kids club 30% off email.

for 2x vip, i'd be boring and buy 2 more GEs.  

walmart is out of stock on this one - at least you can't find it as a webpage anymore.

its next modular in line to go.

best chance at a nice cagr pop.

we built this one last week and its a great looking set. 

you already have invested in it anyway so you can factor in the ease of just relisting something once it sells.

then next month you can use vip points to pick up an r2d2 for yourself and get the minifigure.

with any luck r2d2 or the red5 x-wing will be on sale too.

• Like 1

Im not big lego ***, just started 2 months ago. Have so far 2x HH, 2xVC , 2x T1 Van. Next month is polybag promo , so I will pop up to my local lego shop to pick up GE & SC.

R2D2 can wait. Looks like this set have 2-3 more years of life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Brickpicker mobile app

I've been buying mine at Barnes and Noble. With the ease of getting gift cards, plus a 10% member discount, I've been able to pick them up anywhere between 20-40% off depending on the deal.

Do you b and ****** keep getting them in stock? I've for a few around me and they all say they've either never seen it it it's been out since Christmas.

Guest TabbyBoy

R2-D2 hasn't been around for 2yrs yet and I expect this iconic character to hang around for a lot longer.  I picked up 2 in late 2012 from LEGO Shop at Home with 10% and VIP and none since.  If something was going to outlive the DS, this would be it I think.  I'm certainly not rushing to buy more just yet.

Do you b and ****** keep getting them in stock? I've for a few around me and they all say they've either never seen it it it's been out since Christmas.

They seem to restock every few weeks. Often I'll notice them avaialble when I don't have my gift cards on hand, only to return the next day and they're gone.