10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Seriously? I think many will be disappointed going forward then. I don't see the deal star selling for more than 1200.00 or r2d2 selling for more than 500.00. I'm as greedy as anyone on lego investing but I'm also realistic.

it is more about the slow growth over so many years. the set was released in 2002 and had about a 2 yr run.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7194-1

the r2d2 should do fine as it looks better

With the new movie due out (probably 2015) and R2-D2 a confirmed character, I don't see why Lego would discontinue him just before release.

They could stop him in a few months, but that would be a short(ish) time frame for him so probably unlikely.

I think this set will therefore be around a long time because of this - think Death Star and Mod Fire Brigade timescales.

That being said, and to keep this balanced, they could let him go this year if they planned an updated set of him for the new movies, but think it's unlikely.

So don't over stock on this set is the general consciences, right?

That is what I think. There are some times when it is a good idea to buy the set. When you find it at a B&****** and a coupons works with it, buy it. That is probably the best deal you can get right now. Also, when Lego is running their 2X or 3X VIP points, it would be a good idea to buy them.

I placed order for 1 R2-D2 5 days ago and at that time ship date was 2 march and today i got email from lego shown below

Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship them to you.

so that means its getting more late may be this set is done now and no more available at other retailers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can you elaborate why not?

I personally just don't like it. I only buy sets that I like, and want to collect or build. I have no desire to do any of those with R2D2. It has nothing to do with money. If you like R2 then I suggest you wait until the may fourth promo so you can get a darth revan minifigure with it.

Not sure why people hate the little robot?

Very fun and challenging build, I think.

Really shines, but if you could, look for it at B&****** w/ coupons and membership discount, otherwise, buy it for the May 4th promo.

Stick with sets that are about to retired and exclusive in this situation...

Will the Darth Raven minifig be worth more then $9 cleared (after seller fees/ship/etc)? That is about what you get back in extra points if you buy r2d2 now instead of may 4th. *My math could be wrong here* :)

Looking at past May 4th promos it seems you would get slightly more selling the promo then getting the extra points. Who knows though you might be able to flip the Darth Revan for $20+ when it first becomes available but then it will most likely settle around the $13 range like the Han Solo from last year.

Will the Darth Raven minifig be worth more then $9 cleared (after seller fees/ship/etc)? That is about what you get back in extra points if you buy r2d2 now instead of may 4th. *My math could be wrong here* :)

Looking at past May 4th promos it seems you would get slightly more selling the promo then getting the extra points. Who knows though you might be able to flip the Darth Revan for $20+ when it first becomes available but then it will most likely settle around the $13 range like the Han Solo from last year.

Darth Revan is a lot better fig then Han Solo. You can't compare the two.

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-