10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

How about the EOL of yet another Supraboy account?

I was reading some of the stuff that Supraboy posted on the Bwing and Fire brigade. He was spot on and look what's going on with the Bwing now. He's right in calling it junk. What I disagree with is bring stuff back without declaring. His tactic of posting his lego sets in the company is pretty good. I'm going to check the limit in terms of bring stuff up to Canada on my next visit.

Too bad he's gone. I wonder if he'd call this set garbage. I have a few of these and wish it would discontinue but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

I think it would be cool if they decide to make a C3P0 set. Put that next to R2 and I will build it, put glue all over and stick it on my front lawn as statues.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I was reading some of the stuff that Supraboy posted on the Bwing and Fire brigade. He was spot on and look what's going on with the Bwing now. He's right in calling it junk. What I disagree with is bring stuff back without declaring. His tactic of posting his lego sets in the company is pretty good. I'm going to check the limit in terms of bring stuff up to Canada on my next visit.

Too bad he's gone. I wonder if he'd call this set garbage. I have a few of these and wish it would discontinue but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

I think it would be cool if they decide to make a C3P0 set. Put that next to R2 and I will build it, put glue all over and stick it on my front lawn as statues.

I disagree about the B-Wing, it is a very fun and accurate looking build. Most people have complained that it is fragile, but I have not had any problems. I can imagine if you are acting like a 12 yr old and "swooshing" it all over your bedroom, there is a chance that part of the bottom of the ship could fall off but show me any LEGO model that can handle this type of abuse. Last time I checked UCS models were for display, not play. I managed to get a few at $99 and recently sold one for $250 shipped so I have no complaints...  

The consensus on Supraboy, my opinion, was that he was a condescending jerk (******). Which is not how to endear yourself to an online community, at least not this one...  

Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back...

• Like 2

I disagree about the B-Wing, it is a very fun and accurate looking build. Most people have complained that it is fragile, but I have not had any problems. I can imagine if you are acting like a 12 yr old and "swooshing" it all over your bedroom, there is a chance that part of the bottom of the ship could fall off but show me any LEGO model that can handle this type of abuse. Last time I checked UCS models were for display, not play. I managed to get a few at $99 and recently sold one for $250 shipped so I have no complaints...

The consensus on Supraboy, my opinion, was that he was a condescending jerk (******). Which is not how to endear yourself to an online community, at least not this one...

Gains should be evaluated by gains from MSRP. If you use discounted prices, I think some of us are making a killing on the SSD even when selling at $500. Same with the DS. It was had for $230 at BN so even before EOL, the DS has doubled based on that logic.

Yes, it's very sad that he's no longer with us.

Ironic you like Supraboy's posts.

Gains should be evaluated by gains from MSRP. If you use discounted prices, I think some of us are making a killing on the SSD even when selling at $500. Same with the DS. It was had for $230 at BN so even before EOL, the DS has doubled based on that logic.

We discussed this yesterday.

Gains can be evaluated multiple ways.

For an individual accounting purposes, price paid (AKA cost of investment) not MSRP is used to calc ROI or gains. Our personal Brickfolio uses price paid.

For general purposes and discussions, MSRP is used instead of cost of investment since not everyone pays the same amount. The BrickPicker price guide uses MSRP for this reason.

Thus $99 10227s and 10221s (any price under MSRP) are both doing good depending on the conversation.

• Like 2

Ironic you like Supraboy's posts.

Not all but some. I see some jealous people here. It all started when I landed 50 RIs and I actually bought most from stores. Then some hotcakes comment came up. Some bought BWings for $99 and funny how I'm not crying foul and calling the person selling it at $250 Mr Hotcakes. When things aren't in favor of some people, they cry.

Not all but some. I see some jealous people here. It all started when I landed 50 RIs and I actually bought most from stores. Then some hotcakes comment came up. Some bought BWings for $99 and funny how I'm not crying foul and calling the person selling it at $250 Mr Hotcakes. When things aren't in favor of some people, they cry.

If you ever cross paths with SupraBoy, you guys should hang out.

Chris, I don't think people are crying about your purchases. Sure you somewhat boosted with your chest out but it's fine.  Then Lego Hulk was photographed in a TRU parking lot buying Exo Suits.  It's a free country.  It's all good until folks start bullying , attacking, etc... people which didn't happen. 

Did you invest in many R2s like the Exo and Ri sets?

Chris, I don't think people are crying about your purchases. Sure you somewhat boosted with your chest out but it's fine. Then Lego Hulk was photographed in a TRU parking lot buying Exo Suits. It's a free country. It's all good until folks start bullying , attacking, etc... people which didn't happen.

Did you invest in many R2s like the Exo and Ri sets?

I do have some R2 and that's why I'm here to boast a little and hope this turns into the famous hotcakes. I prefer flipping this like flapjacks or Barbie dolls. Hope to find my own TRU parking lot to flip this for slim margins.

To be honest, R2 isn't a guaranteed winner. They've been on the shelves forever and I'm not optimistic about this one. Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt having some as I bought a few stacking coupons at BN in January when I was in NJ. I was driving from NYC to Baltimore and stopped at a BN for Starbucks, then saw a stash of them on te shelves.