10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Yeah, after r2d2, of which I have a dozen at least, the next thing to focus on is the X-Wing. It is a great set, I've built one and have more on the side but 1 will be a keeper! Same with r2d2, apart from myself, a few other members of the family want one each...so, its not all evil investor deeds after all :)

I think the red 5 x-wing has epic investment potential simply due to the fact so few are talking about it. In five years the supply/demand ratio on this set is very heavily going to favor DEMAND.

I also think it's going away sooner than folks anticipate.

The box does this set no justice... Built it is an absolute beauty. And although TLG will certainly have future iterations of the x wing, none will ever again touch this level of detail.

Strong investment buy.

I have one boxed as well... Have been able to resist opening.

Did, however, have an epic FAIL on one of my Tumblers... Two nights ago, on account of partaking in a gratuitous amounts of a certain beverage, we opened and began building one. The thing is ridiculously cool.

Beverage is so not good when around sealed boxes of cool lego

• Like 1