10225 - UCS: R2-D2

Ed Mack

Honest question for the forum...

I typically grab 5-10 of sets I believe in, but am looking for one set that I go all "Ed" on and buy essentially as many I possibly can.

In the 200 plus/minus "exclusive" range, is there any arguement against r2 being the set to push your chips all-in on?

I am an adamant believer in the little guy... seeing this set be a perennial perforner indefinetely. Those that know more or feel differently, please shoot me down.

There is but one thing: The DS factor.

Personally I think R2D2 will be a winner. The only question is "when".

Even after its retirement there will be a lot of resellers. With the three upcoming movies and all I can see how LEGO would like to keep this one alive.

So if you do have the money and the space to go all emazer/ed on this one... (see the pun? ;-) ) it's worth a try.

As for me I will be a little bit (maybe too) cautious.

(If it does go EOL next year BAM!)

• Like 1

Honest question for the forum...

I typically grab 5-10 of sets I believe in, but am looking for one set that I go all "Ed" on and buy essentially as many I possibly can.

In the 200 plus/minus "exclusive" range, is there any arguement against r2 being the set to push your chips all-in on?

I am an adamant believer in the little guy... seeing this set be a perennial perforner indefinetely. Those that know more or feel differently, please shoot me down.

I would say you just missed 3 "all Ed"sets...the SSD, the HH and the TH. To me, there is one "all Ed" set that is currently available and it is a set that you will never have enough of.
  • Like 1

A set you will never have enough of... It means it is hard to hoard or it is overlooked by others. The first case implies the EEE. The second could be some newer release, like HE or the Mixer (somersault = acrobats?) if it is a bad seller.

Ed you should change your avatar to be a Sphinx. Honestly. It is also evil so it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1