Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

I'm taking the warning more as a question, if they can do this, why can't they continue to escalating to a UCS size set?

Answer........there's no reason they cannot.

Sure they can. But I would imagine their energy and resources will be going towards new Star Wars sets and minfigs rather than an old Batman set. Just a hunch :)

• Like 1

Sure they can. But I would imagine their energy and resources will be going towards new Star Wars sets and minfigs rather than an old Batman set. Just a hunch :)

Probably not.  Plastic costs the same whether you're copying a 2002 SW exclusive, or a 2015 Chima.  So you as a counterfeiter logically target the older and more valuable (on a price per piece basis) sets first.  The only complete minifigure series they've copied is Series 1, for example.  More bang for your buck than copying Series 13.  I expect they'll copy SSD before any of the 2015 exclusives.  This dinky lil' DeCool Tumbler is not an exact copy of the UCS set, but it is the most blatant targeting of an exclusive that I've seen so far on eBay.

Wow! this forum is fast, i just noticed Tumbler marked as hard to find on shop@lego.

Im getting mixed feelings on the set being retired, good for collectors as the value is expected to go up and another set to look forward to (new movie).

The thing is, its still popular despite the hefty price( link to the local LCS http://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3171&idcategory=0), which works for it and against it at the same time.

Im seeing alot of local resellers (Singapore) undercutting the LCS to as low as 20% off the RRP.

Bottom line, there's plenty of stocks of this set here making the retirement a minor event, but then again no one can predict how the masses would react on a possible retirement.

Darn it Lego! make up your mind already! So i can make up mine :lol:.

Something I've found interesting with regards to how well this set sells is that a lot of non-lego shops and online shops have it. Shops that sell a wide range of 'cool stuff', which points to this set having great non-AFOL appeal. That is here in SA, anyway.

I was in my favorite Lego shop in Cape Town today and had a stare down with DS and the Tumbler, but gave both a miss. Almost a year after it's release, we finally got the Ecto and it has almost sold out within days. The employees told me Lego SA probably won't be getting more, so I bought the last three.

I'm quite paranoid about Tumbler retiring as I have none and the stock here is very low. If it retires before year-end it's likely that we wont get another batch and then I'm screwed...

No way. It's a more expensive set, takes a lot of new resellers out. It's not necessarily appealing to all fans of LEGO, it has a limit of 1, and was very hard to get in the beginning. I agree that it is a very nice set. As far as one of the most hoarded sets, i have trouble believing that part. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn! You're lucky. I'm looking at €220 here at LEGO shop in The Netherlands.  That's a big difference! :-(

Buy a  SOH´s and a FM and you will have made the difference back! Anyway Superheroes are no use for reselling here and you could get Tumblers for 150 not so long ago so it´s hardly time to spray champagne.

• 1 month later...

I just watched the Lego Design video for this one on YouTube.  Can honestly say i don't think I've ever seen anyone so proud of what they've created (and rightly so).  This set does look awesome.  

Yes its probably going to be around for a while yet. Limit 1 in the UK and I don't think I've ever seen it not on the "top sellers" page (unless it was sold out). Leaning towards saying that if something sells well on LEGO Shop at Home then highly likely it will sell well once its EOL (when that day actually comes).  + it definitely looks like one of those sets you can display and has the wow factor.

And yes, the design video finally did convince me to get one of these - GBH to boot which is not a bad bonus.

On 01/12/2015, 22:58:57, Lego_Yoda said:

I just watched the Lego Design video for this one on YouTube.  Can honestly say i don't think I've ever seen anyone so proud of what they've created (and rightly so).  This set does look awesome.  

Yes its probably going to be around for a while yet. Limit 1 in the UK and I don't think I've ever seen it not on the "top sellers" page (unless it was sold out). Leaning towards saying that if something sells well on LEGO Shop at Home then highly likely it will sell well once its EOL (when that day actually comes).  + it definitely looks like one of those sets you can display and has the wow factor.

And yes, the design video finally did convince me to get one of these - GBH to boot which is not a bad bonus.

On the other hand, a UCS set like The Tumbler that was NOT a top seller during its available time will more likely rise higher in value post EOL. Maybe less demand, but also less supply by resellers. Wasn't ToO also not really a top seller while it was still available? And it's doing really well now after official Retirement!

22 minutes ago, allen9917 said:

This is crazy madness. It must be so poor of a seller for TLG? The timing could be better. I should've bought this with GBH instead of the darkseids etc. 

i'm doing my part to ensure its not a poor seller.  i think the timing is great.  time to get to goal.  up to 7 - would like to be at 21 by EOL.  i have no darkseids and i can sleep at night.  not sure i'd be able to sleep without a small stash of tumblers.  Tumber EOL - now that will be some epic F5'ing you can be sure.

IMG_2963.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4