387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

On 8/8/2015, 2:05:46, Ed Mack said:

To take it worth one step further like redghostx stated above, even if a set sells better than others, if it is too costly to produce, that could play into it big time.  Personally, I would not be surprised if the Tumbler retires around the new year.  You can count on a new Batmobile to go along with the new movie.  Whether it's a UCS set or not is the big question.  I have always thought this set was an expensive one to make because of the tires, so I wonder if that will have an effect of a two year run.  We will see...

Just sayin'...

• Like 1

On 12/24/2014, 2:46:21, Ed Mack said:

It is never too early to start buying this set.

I agree.

On 8/7/2015, 9:53:12, Ed Mack said:
On 8/7/2015, 9:03:09, jaisonline said:

so what do you all think?

"On that note I have it on good authority that the Tumbler is one of the sets due to be end of line in brand stores by the end of the year.
      So  if you are planning on getting one make sure you get it soon. You have been warned!"

http://www.brickpicker.com/news/view.cfm/did-you-win-a-lego-bat-pod
                   Posted on 09:14, 07/08/2015 by Richard (thebrickblogger.com)

Well, isn't there a new Batmobile in the new movie that would make the Tumbler outdated? Just sayin.....

Makes a lot of sense...

• Like 2

On 12/24/2014, 2:46:21, Ed Mack said:

It is never too early to start buying this set.

I agree.

On 8/7/2015, 9:53:12, Ed Mack said:

On 8/7/2015, 9:03:09, jaisonline said:

so what do you all think?

"On that note I have it on good authority that the Tumbler is one of the sets due to be end of line in brand stores by the end of the year.

So  if you are planning on getting one make sure you get it soon. You have been warned!"

http://www.brickpicker.com/news/view.cfm/did-you-win-a-lego-bat-pod

Posted on 09:14, 07/08/2015 by Richard (thebrickblogger.com)

Well, isn't there a new Batmobile in the new movie that would make the Tumbler outdated? Just sayin.....

Makes a lot of sense...

Somebody is having fun quoting themselves. :)

I have exactly zero of these and I'll probably end up with exactly zero! (But not because I think it'll do poorly... It's a UCS Tumbler and its Batman.)

• Like 1

I posted 2-3 months back that my local Lego shop Boss told me that it would be retiring soon and it would also take everyone by surprise. It even had a Retiring soon tag on the box in the store. Got shot down pretty quickly.

looks like his prophecy might be right

Helicarrier is retiring soon as well according to him,like I posted. Retiring soon tag in the store and a sign that says "not eligible for members discount anymore"

Edited by Nawoo
  • Like 2

I posted 2-3 months back that my local Lego shop Boss told me that it would be retiring soon and it would also take everyone by surprise. It even had a Retiring soon tag on the box in the store. Got shot down pretty quickly.

Helicarrier is retiring soon as well according to him,like I posted. Retiring soon tag in the store and a sign that says "not eligible for members discount anymore"

I only half heartedly believed it could go so soon. Luckily, the other half held the wallet. So thank you very much for your OP...

How important is the Tumbler in the Batman / Superheroes world? I'm clueless about this.

And what do you all think about the potential of remake? 

By the way, a pair of Tumber tires is currently selling for about $40 on Ebay, so it's $80 in tires alone. But the new 2016 Technic Drag Racer ($59.99) will have 2, and I bet that that hideous looking set will be discounted in no time for under $40.

Edited by legone3

16 minutes ago, legone3 said:

How important is the Tumbler in the Batman / Superheroes world? I'm clueless about this.

By the way, a pair of Tumber tires is currently selling for about $40 on Ebay, so it's $80 in tires alone. But the new 2016 Technic Drag Racer ($59.99) will have 2, and I bet that that hideous looking set will be discounted in no time for under $40.

Buy the tires direct from LEGO.com for $8 per tire.

• Like 2

What other sets did he mention?

7 hours ago, Nawoo said:

Yes, you did.

Do not take it personally. Here you will even get shot down if you post the earth is round.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Locutus001 said:

There are many people here who say that the earth is round but cannot prove it. And sometimes it turns out that the earth really isn't round! ;-)

4 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Yes, you did.

Do not take it personally. Here you will even get shot down if you post the earth is round.

I can proudly say with confidence the Tumbler has 6 round wheel with tires.  

6 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

LEGO: The tumbler and hellicarrier are retiring hurry and get them before they are gone forever!!!!!!

The horde: we better hurry and buy buy buy buy buy!!!!!!!!!  Lego a few months later: ha ha ha just kidding suckas!!!!!

The question is now about lead time.  How much time do we have from the "retiring soon" tag showing up for every non-US shop at home web site to the US panic buying causing Tumblers to be OOS everywhere?

6 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

LEGO: The tumbler and hellicarrier are retiring hurry and get them before they are gone forever!!!!!!

The horde: we better hurry and buy buy buy buy buy!!!!!!!!!  Lego a few months later: ha ha ha just kidding suckas!!!!!

The question is now about lead time.  How much time do we have from the "retiring soon" tag showing up for every non-US shop at home web site to the US panic buying causing Tumblers to be OOS everywhere?

I'd say about 20-30 minutes