Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Seeing the "performance" of 10937, I am not really sold on the Tumbler.

What I see positive is:

- more or less only obtainable at LEGO Shop at Home

- better display peace with AFOL appel

- expensive tires

- UCS version

- possibly short life

negative at least in EU:

- Batman is a stinker

At the moment I tend to see more postive signs than negatives. Any opinions?

39 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Y'all need to stop wasting time posting......you are wasting precious hoarding time. BUY, BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see if we can make this set worthless! 

...by extending it's lifespan indefinitely. 

"Wow, look at how well it's selling! Remove that retiring tag and stoke up the boiler. We're makin' more, boys!"

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I think we should compare the Tumbler with Tower of Orthanc, in the sense that it's a very distinct and UCS (or UCS-like) set that is unique within the theme it belongs to. 

ToO is doing well post retirement, and I expect the Tumbler to do equally well.

main diff is the Tumbler had at least 6 months of decent demand.

i agree about your post retirement prediction ;)

The Tumbler is a must have set. When it retires, people will panic once again. This is no Tower of Orthanc. It's much better. As I stated a long time ago, you can never have too many of this set. It will perform better than any Modular and will be on the same league as the Slave 1 and other UCS sets IMO. If it disappears soon...lookout.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The Tumbler is a must have set. When it retires, people will panic once again. This is no Tower of Orthanc. It's much better. As I stated a long time ago, you can never have too many of this set. It will perform better than any Modular and will be on the same league as the Slave 1 and other UCS sets IMO. If it disappears soon...lookout.

Are we going to have another Town Hall experiment? Cryptic responses would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Y'all need to stop wasting time posting......you are wasting precious hoarding time. BUY, BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see if we can make this set worthless! 

Seriously, we BPers have the power to ruin everything for ourselves.

I don't get it and don't trust Lego either. Why would they announce a retirement with the 'retiring soon' tag. They just can slowly sell their remaining stock till 'sold out' and they retire it. Just like the 10224 - TH. Now they're helping the reseller community, something they just don't want to do?

Or it can be the intention to boost US -sales?, brickvestors there might think: 'Hey.. it is retiring in Europe, let's buy more of it before it retires also here'.

18 minutes ago, JM123 said:

I don't get it and don't trust Lego either. Why would they announce a retirement with the 'retiring soon' tag. They just can slowly sell their remaining stock till 'sold out' and they retire it. Just like the 10224 - TH. Now they're helping the reseller community, something they just don't want to do?

Or it can be the intention to boost US -sales?, brickvestors there might think: 'Hey.. it is retiring in Europe, let's buy more of it before it retires also here'.

agree. i think it´s a "first call" to buy from lego. first call from how much "calls"? maybe they wanted to push the sales. but i never trust those retiring soon tags...

so no panic...

20 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

There will never be another Heath Ledger Minifig ever again, I can almost guarantee that.

Too soon...

43 minutes ago, JM123 said:

Lego isn't stupid.  Up until about two years ago, product life cycles were planned months or years in advance (with the one exception of the DS).  Then they switched to more efficient just-in-time production with smaller initial waves and the ability to flex and add more waves to meet demand, with EOLs penciled in rather than in permanent marker.  I guarantee they are using some sophisticated market behavioral analytics.  They may not be explicitly manipulating resellers, but their data no doubt shows that they get a sales spike when they apply the "retiring soon" tag.  And their algorithms are probably tuned to the point of diminishing returns where they know if another wave will sell out or not, and the decision to produce the wave is made based on that.  Trusting the algorithms isn't always right (see: HH) but sometimes it is (see TH).  All this goes to say that the window for EOL on BM probably opened now (1 year), which is why we see the triggers.  If the sales response is strong, they'll make more.  If not, bye bye.

8 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

Lego isn't stupid.  Up until about two years ago, product life cycles were planned months or years in advance (with the one exception of the DS).  Then they switched to more efficient just-in-time production with smaller initial waves and the ability to flex and add more waves to meet demand, with EOLs penciled in rather than in permanent marker.  I guarantee they are using some sophisticated market behavioral analytics.  They may not be explicitly manipulating resellers, but their data no doubt shows that they get a sales spike when they apply the "retiring soon" tag.  And their algorithms are probably tuned to the point of diminishing returns where they know if another wave will sell out or not, and the decision to produce the wave is made based on that.  Trusting the algorithms isn't always right (see: HH) but sometimes it is (see TH).  All this goes to say that the window for EOL on BM probably opened now (1 year), which is why we see the triggers.  If the sales response is strong, they'll make more.  If not, bye bye.

Or it could be just as simple as the next large D2C Batman set is due in March and we never have two D2C Batman sets taking shelf space at the same time. Occam's Razor and all that. 

20 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Me too. Might as well just be Lego informing the ordinary customer that it is going. Maybe they had complaints in the past from people who were to late.

I don't think they're that compassionate. If they were, you'd get a heads up on everything. I think maybe they're not selling it as quickly as they'd like & stock levels are high in the countries they have it tagged "retiring soon."

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 2