Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

I did not recall that one because I try to block it out of my memory.

Row row row your boat gently down the stream...

(you have to suffer like the rest of us :devil:)

To be completely fair, the whole 30 seconds of that song was the best part of the movie.  Which in and of itself is a very very sad review of the movie :D

Could it be that Lego shipped them to retailers with a hard street date and they listened?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

In a way yes but in another way no.

How many times has Toys R Us, Target and others messed that up?

What about all the Elsa Target and other sets coming out early?

What about Hobbit sets at Toys R Us months before release date.

In a way yes but in a way no.

My guess is production capacity didn't get freed up until now.  What we are seeing now is injection molding machines working on tumbler parts that were working on "insert set here" parts.  The Tumbler sets that were released earlier were "trial" sets.  This is just my theory based on working in a factory where a few (around 20) injection molding machines pump out little plastic parts for automobiles. 

Edited by cosmic brick
  • Like 1

What an interesting time to be a Lego speculator.

Just a few weeks ago the hoard would have trampled each other to buy up tumbler stock.

Now you can place huge bets on it, 20k at a time.

What a difference supply has on demand. Does the availability take any of the coolness factor away? Maybe a little. As others have pointed out we covet what is perceived as scarce.

The conspiracy theorist in me points to the Lego Group using no buying limits to hunt for us. Probably not. In fact I would argue the more of us hoarders there are the better for all. Look how fast sets get wiped out, know much quicker sets are appreciating from panic buying. Mom's probably are not the type to panic buy...it is our own group of like minded collectors/speculators that drive the secondary market.

So I say tell everyone you can...create more demand and more competition....it will make for a great game to play.

• 3 weeks later...

Worth the read.

And in case that disappears, here's the text:

"I am selling my brand new sealed in a MINT condition box Lego Tumbler UCS 76023. This was the second one sold in the US and I have the receipt to prove it!

Also the item was sold to me by Christian Bale himself, as he sometimes moonlights as a Lego employee in Dallas.

I also have documented proof that when Heath Ledger passed, he reincarnated himself into my Joker lego straight up Chucky style from Child's Play. As I was a bit startled by that last fact, I immediately took my set (first class, and bought a seat for my box as well) to the Vatican where I had my UCS Tumbler blessed by Pope Francis. On our [uCS Tumbler and myself] way back to the states, our plane was struck by lightening when our speed was exactly 88 mph (yeah I know kinda slow for a plane, but it was during takeoff on the tarmac) I was immediately transported Into the future. After walking around for about 72 minutes I came upon a Lego store and saw the current date. I had been thrown into 2039. To my surprise the Lego store had my exact set on display in a glass case! It was selling for $4,000.00! I was spotted by some future citizens and they started bowing to me, as I was in possession of one of the most sought after items in their time. I was made their leader and shortly after deemed all legos illegal. Why? You ask? Well I did not want competition. My set Is now worth millions, but I have no use for the currency of my time, as it is all made from justin bieber hair. Yes I know I'm disgusted too. He is the emperor of the world and I will be killing myself soon. So, which brings me to the sale of my set! I want the last thing I do to be a good thing, so I want want to make you a future multimillionaire! All I want in return is my asking price and you are guaranteed to make your money back and more!!! I have found a wormhole into the past and can communicate with past me. What are you waiting for?! Secure your families future and purchase this Lego set! Text past me at"

• Like 2

I usually don't buy expensive lego sets that use stickers, but I l want to buy this set and have a question to those of you who built it. Maybe some of you have had my problem, but with some lego sets like the 7961, the stickers I applied were not very adhesive and would not stick to the whole surface.  Even my 8097 stickers are pealing. On the other hand my 6211 stickers seem to perfectly fine show no signs of pealing. So I've realized that with some sets, Lego includes stickers that are easy to move and take off (maybe designed for kids) and then more advanced builds they include durable stickers. I know I'm not the only who hates stickers but can you guys tell me if when you were putting on the stickers to the Tumbler if they stuck immediately or did they seem easy to move around once applied? Thanks!  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The best link I could find lists it for $35.29USD, I`m not going to post it though, of obvious reasons. Wouldn`t want to encourage anybody to actually order one haha. But yes, sub-$40USD appears to be the price. Quite a few steps down from the UCS Tumbler... Clearly there`s a market and they`re capitalizing on it. When you start to see sets like this coming out it`s really becoming a concern, we`ve talked about it extensively in the other thread about mixing these fakes with Lego. Even experienced buyers aren`t going to be able to tell the difference without putting in a large amount of time. 

Going back to this set, honestly it`s not bad looking IMHO, which I`m surprised I`m even saying. It`s not ugly, and if Lego were to release something similar I`d be buying it at the price-point. Sad to see.