Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

It is never too early to start buying this set.

I agree but if I may offer a contrasting point...

If everyone stocks up on The Tumbler now, then we will miss the inevitable F5 adventures and the following expressions:

"I thought that this would be around for another year"

"I only wanted one to build for myself (then you should have bought and built already, like I do)"

BrickTrader posts "1 set that is worth 2/3 of the current value of the Tumbler for your NISB Tumbler" - Deal of the year

"Tumbler at Amazon" - Stampede runs until BA announces "Poof" and the next post is "I had it in my cart!" or "Stupid Work!" or "New Credit Card..."

and lastly, an Ed post stating how Ed has bought these and has 40 of them and you should have been buying one every month instead of 5 smaller sets.

On second thought, please don't stock up on these now, I will have less entertainment in the future.

Thanks for your cooperation :)

• Like 1

I finally got around to building this set. It's just so...big. When I was 25% done, one could have thought I was building The Bat from the last film. Gotta love the wheels.

The kids were around on and off during the build (over 2 days with many stoppages) so I couldn't do a build review.

It's a nice set. Just be sure to not move it much since it's on the fragile (it must be Italian , Christmas Story joke) side. The side fenders that extends from the front to the side windows fall off easily. The upper brake flaps don't bother me as much as they are in an area seldom touched. Things do tend to fall apart inside when moving the vehicle around by the sides. Getting those can be a pain since the cockpit openings are narrow.

I'll post more in a review, in the meantime, here is a web found comparison pic between 7888 and 76023. 7888 is minifig scaled and kinda large itself.

post-3743-0-86611100-1419592735_thumb.jp

• Like 3

and lastly, an Ed post stating how Ed has bought these and has 40 of them and you should have been buying one every month instead of 5 smaller sets.

Yeah sets can be categorised two ways regarding retirement:

Ed post and Ed ante (after&before panic).

(sorry)

Edited by inversion

The price on this set on Lego Shop at Home for Australia has increased from $279.99 to $329.99. This is the first time I have ever seen an increase in price at Lego Shop at Home. 

Are any other countries seeing a price increase as well?

I think I saw Architecture Studios go up from 149.99 euro to 159.99 euro. That is the only one so far. Tumbler is still the same (199.99 euro).

The price on this set on Lego Shop at Home for Australia has increased from $279.99 to $329.99. This is the first time I have ever seen an increase in price at Lego Shop at Home. 

Are any other countries seeing a price increase as well?

Lego have previously increased the price on the Death Star Playset for Australia as well. 

Lego Shop are now listing the Tumbler as 'hard too find' already!

What does that mean for ongoing releases of this set? Considering its only been available for a few months...

Surely it's not going for a super short run and will be EOL'd soon?

Hard to Find is simply one of the "Exclusive" type tags Lego puts on a set with limited availability. You're not going to walk into a supermarket and find a Tumbler on the shelf.

• Like 1

Hard to Find is simply one of the "Exclusive" type tags Lego puts on a set with limited availability. You're not going to walk into a supermarket and find a Tumbler on the shelf.

Alas you are right. I do wish I could walk into a Kroger and take a picture of a tumbler now and post it. Perhaps I can ask my local manager if I can bring one in put it on the shelf with a fake tag and take a photo.

That would turn exclusive on its head.

• Like 1